The Last of Us Season Pass DLC plans outlined: first of three packs drop next month

Friday, 27th September 2013 14:10 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Last of Us DLC plans have been outlined by Naughty Dog, starting with the first of three Season Pass drops: the multiplayer-centric Abandoned Territories Map Pack.

Here’s the official blurb from the PS Blog:

“Weather the opposing Faction and the random, dynamic dust storm on the Suburbs map. Explore a layered map of an overgrown urban environment with wild giraffes in the background in the Bus Depot map. Stalk around in a dark, eerie, moonlit, environment – the perfect setting for some serious stealth – in the Hometown map. Bookstore features a stacked, bi-level layout adding a highly unique dose of vertical gameplay.”

The upcoming story-driven single player DLC for the title ties into the narrative of The Last of Us and the developer just finished up its casting process for a new character, and will start performance capture next week. The single-player DLC is currently planned for release around December-January.

The third Season Pass DLC is multiplayer focused and will arrive in the first half of 2014. More information on this will be made available closer to release.

Bonus items in the Season Pass will contain over 60 different head items for your character ranging from a Nightmare Mask to a Pigskin Hat that will be free for all Season Pass buyers.

These head items will be available a la carte as well.

The Season Pass is available now on PlayStation Store or at your local GameStop for €19.99/$19.99.

The Abandoned Territories Map Pack will be made available October 15 in the US and October 16 in the UK.

1. Judicas

Hmm I really should have waited before buying the season pass, had I realised only one of the packs was single player dlc I would have just brought that single bit of dlc.

#1 10 months ago
  2. YoungZer0

I think it was stated right from the start that there was only one single player DLC planned.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Moonwalker1982

Only interested in the SP DLC myself as well. Not that the MP is bad, not at all…i just don’t have the time for it with all those other games.

Wait i only read about Season Pass, but what about if we want to just buy it seperately? I see no prices on that.

#3 10 months ago
  4. CyberMarco

Seeing that the last piece of DLC will be released in the first half of 2014, probably around March-May I would assume that the GOTY edition will be released sometime in fall 2014, I’m fine with that.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Judicas

@2 I wouldn’t be surprised if that was true I just saw it in the ps store and insta brought it without thinking of looking it up for info on it. I mainly play xbox and pc so don’t see playstation news as often as I’d like to. Regretted buying the god of war ascension season pass because I have too many other games I play to really make use of it and looks like it will be the same with this, haven’t touched the mp at all *yet*!

#5 10 months ago
  6. absolutezero

I bought the Pass for the SP DLC but more for Grounded. That Documentary was great.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Beta

Whilst I’m sure the MP DLC will be good, it’s really only the single player I’m interested in.

Just not a multiplayer person.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Clupula

I’ll wait for the single player DLC, as well. Don’t care about the multiplayer.

#8 10 months ago
  9. MFBB

I also wish that would be 3 single player DLCs.

Its just stupid how some single player games focus so much on the multiplayer part and multiplayer dlc.

#9 10 months ago
  10. DADDYDRE31

FIRST OFF STOP CRYN OVER SINGLE PLAYER IT WAS AWESOME AND THEY R GIVN US SOME MORE IN SEASON PASS THE MULTIPLAYER IS JUST AS AWESOME AND I BOUGHT SEASON PASS 4 BOTH U ALL NEED TOO REALIZE SINGLE PLAYER IS THE PAST IN MULTIPLAYER IS THE FUTURE I OWN 250GAMES IN NEVER GET TOO THE SINGLE PLAYER ONES CAUSE PLAYN WITH ALIVE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF AI IS WAY BETTER GOOD JOB NAUGHTY DOG GREAT GAME IN LOOKN FOWARD TOO CONTENT IN APPRECIATE IN RESPECT YOUR DECISION PEACE!

#10 10 months ago
  11. vagabond

Try again, though this time use English. Unless it’s also the past. I did enjoy the multiplayer it’s nothing to brag about. The crafting is unique but other than that it’s a generic Socom shooter. I have high hopes for the single player dlc though. I would like to see character development of Ish or even a dlc prequel following the “American Dreams” comic.

#11 9 months ago