Titanfall video explores concept behind the Titans, some gameplay elements

Thursday, 12th September 2013 17:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Titanfall has a new video available in which EA chats with Respawn Entertainment producer Drew McCoy about the ideas behind the online shooter.

According to McCoy, the idea behind the game came from lead artist Joel Emslie.

“He created these fourteen inch tall, scratch built from hand robots, which were originally supposed to be just a power suit for a human,” said McCoy. “But then one day he took a little three inch guy and stood it next to the Titan model and said ‘what about this?’and that really sparked the idea of this could be quite cool. You know, they’ve got hands, they can pick up the Pilot, they can grab guys out of the other Titans and they’re motion captured.

“They’re not traditionally animated robots. They have this feel to them.”

Titanfall is scheduled to land on PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in early 2014.

1. Joe Anderson

Really don’t see the fascination with this game. It not have a single player campaign, which in my opinion is unforgivable.

I get the feeling the only reason people are paying attention to it is because it’s by the ex-infinity ward and an Xbox One console exclusive. Don’t see what’s great about a multiplayer only experience. Even COD can do better than that.

#1 10 months ago
  2. sg1974

The E3 videos looked like a whole bunch of fun, even if the technical achievement was exaggerated a bit. I’m crossing my fingers PS gamers get a chance to play it one day. And I speak as someone who thinks CoD is the biggest pile of crap since the last CoD.

#2 10 months ago
  3. BrahManDude

this games is so overhyped but ill be cautiously optimistic

#3 10 months ago
  4. Maguire82

@1,2,3 you guys are as miserable as sin. The game looks great and the feedback be has been great so why the hate?

#4 10 months ago
  5. Joe Anderson

Because in my opinion it looks boring and added to that it has no single player campaign, which is just plain lazy really.

#5 10 months ago
  6. bradk825

I am really looking forward to this, and I think it will be a lot of fun. I do think doing without a single player campaign is a little disappointing, but I can live with that. Maybe if they sell a shit-tonne of copies they can afford the man-hours to write a campaign next time around.

#6 10 months ago
  7. Lengendaryboss

Why no single player? Oh wait:

As for this game i really dunno, i can’t say its on my watchlist, to buy list, to wait for price drop list, wishlist or any list: but i cannot deny that the press have been hyping this up. So at the moment its TBD (To be determined)

#7 10 months ago
  8. Joe Anderson

@7 That is a pathetic excuse. If that was the case then all we would have is multiplayer games and gaming as we know it would be ruined.

#8 10 months ago
  9. G1GAHURTZ

The game looks hype!

If you don’t like it, don’t play it. Don’t watch the videos.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Lengendaryboss

You would make a fantastic sales person with that approach!

:D

#10 10 months ago
  11. G1GAHURTZ

Products sell themselves.

Look at all the negativity CoD gets, yet every version still shifts 20m+ copies.

#11 10 months ago
  12. bradk825

@11 +1 and a half.

#12 10 months ago
  13. Joe Anderson

Meh! hehe

#13 10 months ago
  14. Xbone

I think no MP focused games should have a SP campaign… its just pointless. I’m talking about MoH, CoD, BF.

#14 10 months ago
  15. Lengendaryboss

Okay.

I… Why?… What?… Does anyone want to say anything?

#15 10 months ago
  16. bradk825

@15 Some people do think that, and they kind of have a point. I personally want to keep the campaigns in Cod etc but some people don’t even play them.

@14 Major Nelson wants to buy your user id.

#16 10 months ago
  17. Xbone

@16 Tell him it is for sale :D

#17 10 months ago
  18. Joe Anderson

I think there should be no multiplayer mode in single player games. Concentrating on the campaign instead of providing us with 5 hour campaigns may make these games sell better.

I think there should be a campaign in all games though. Cod would be no way as popular without it’s campaign.

#18 10 months ago
  19. Lengendaryboss

Really? Thats an odd one. I thought COD was more of a multiplayer centric sort of game. In fact i think i see comments elsewhere of COD not needing a campaign.

#19 10 months ago
  20. Xbone

@19 Of course they buy it for the MP… NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE SP.

#20 10 months ago
  21. bradk825

He says they are offering 1.2million gamerscore.

#21 10 months ago
  22. Joe Anderson

@20 So why do they bother then? If they thought they’d get as many sales without the campaign, surely they’d just put all resources to the MP instead. Maybe that’d even make for a better experience.

#22 10 months ago
  23. XanderZane

I already preordered my copy. There are many games out there that are online only, so I don’t see a problem with that. Maybe that can add single player mission packs later on if there is demand for it. For all the haters; if you don’t like it or want it, why are you in this thread? Many gamers are hating on it because it’s not coming to their favorite platform anytime soon. This game is going to be awesome.

#23 10 months ago
  24. Joe Anderson

@23 Because we all read the news and have an opinion on this particular game? Not all of us are fanboys you know.

#24 10 months ago
  25. Lengendaryboss

Hater gonna hate so called haters.

#25 10 months ago
  26. pcbros

@18 – I rather them not waste their time on a tacked on, over-the-stop, every other step triggers a slow-mo hollywood explosion and generic campaign.

These are multiplayer games. Like you said, single player games should not have a multiplayer mode… so then multiplayer games should not have a singleplayer mode.

#26 10 months ago
  27. Xbone

@22 My best guess is that they are bored… because fuck that, they dont have to work on mp too much because its the same for years. They handle the MP in a month and they fill out the rest of the time with SP. That is my guess.

#27 10 months ago
  28. eaglerapida13

ps3.5 killer

#28 10 months ago
  29. Fyre

Xboners can have this, Shadow Fall and Planetside 2 look far more exciting.

#29 10 months ago
  30. pcbros

@29 – Who wants one of the best games at E3 anyways?! The fact that it’s a new IP doesn’t matter too!

PSWhores must always vote Sony… or else.

#30 10 months ago