Shadow Complex developer wants sequel “more than anyone”

Wednesday, 11th September 2013 22:52 GMT By Ewan Miller

Speaking with Gamespot earlier today, Chair Entertainment’s cofounder and creative director Donald Mustard said that while fans might be pretty eager for a sequel to chair’s 2009 downloadable metroidvania, they couldn’t match the love for the series at Chair itself. Check the quotes after the jump.

“We certainly love Shadow Complex. As much as there are fans out there that want more Shadow Complex, I promise they don’t want it more than we do. We want it more than anyone. When the time is right, we sure hope to return to the Shadow Complex series.”

While Chair are now working on the incredibly successful Infinite Blade series for iOS (the third one just got announced and will arrive next week), Shadow Complex did break Xbox Live’s sales records for a downloadable game at the time, so it can’t be that bad of a financial proposition. Back in 2011, Epic Game’s Cliff Bleszinski said that most of Shadow Complex 2 had actually been designed and was just awaiting a publisher. Real shame it hasn’t been made yet.

Thanks, Gamespot.

1. Biscuitpants

you made a spelling mistake “designer ”

shadow complex was by far the best xbla game

#1 1 year ago
  2. Ewan Miller

Good eyes! Shadow Complex was great and what’s more, you can probably attribute a lot of the great metroidvanias we’ve seen over the last few years to its success, one way or another.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Fin

WANT

#3 1 year ago
  4. Tronros

Well Chair should get it ported to PC. Then use those PC funds to put towards a sequel!!! I am done with Infinity Blade since the 2nd and got rid of my iTouch.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TheDuckPortal

Fuck off biscuntpants.

#5 1 year ago
  6. ruuddick

yeah seriously, make it on PC. This is the best metroid-vania game ever and i’ve been waiting for a PC announcement ever since it came out in 2009. Too bad that might never happen

#6 1 year ago
  7. absolutezero

As long as it has fuck all to do with Orson Scott Card I might buy it this time.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Henry

It’s the curse of the Infinity Blade. They will be making infinite sequels of IB, until Apple and iProducts die away, and that’s not going to happen anytime soon.

#8 1 year ago
  9. mistermogul

Shadow Complex was easily my fave XBL game (closely followed by Mark of the Ninja) and I’ve been praying for a sequel ever since it came out.

When it does I just hope it comes to PS4/PC as I won’t have an Xbox next gen!

#9 1 year ago
  10. nintendotim

You mean you wanted an Infinity Blade sequel more than anyone.

I think we want Shadow Complex more than you do.

#10 1 year ago