Battlefield 4 to contain “deepest and most personal weapon customization ever”

Friday, 6th September 2013 20:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Battlefield 4 has a short, new video available showing the various weapons customization options available in the shooter. DICE has also posted a new developer blog detailing the options.

Calling the customizations the “most personal” ever in a Battlefield game, the development blog states the game has three times the accessories and weapons than any other game in the series.

Some weapons even have up to 240,000 combinations which can be used once you factor in accessories and other options. These variables can be found through a guide which appears on the game screen, providing various details and stats on each accessory and shows the various skins available as well.

DICE also outlined a way to collect various weapons through Battle Pickups in the game maps and included in many of the game modes. These are used as an incentive for players to try out the various gameplay and modes in the game .

Battlefield 4 will be available October 29 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 and will also be made available for PS4 and Xbox One once the consoles launch.

1. xino

as long as it doesn’t make it broken:/

#1 7 months ago
  2. silkvg247

But no female avatars. Boobs are harder to craft than guns. :D

#2 7 months ago
  3. Phoenixblight

Yes, yes they are.

#3 7 months ago
  4. Stephany Nunneley

@2 And from what I hear (from friends I swear), more expensive as well!

#4 7 months ago
  5. xxJPRACERxx

@2 And that’s why they’re more fun to play with (the boobs)!

And the video is really nice but I don’t like the “glitchy” effect they put on the interface.

#5 7 months ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@5 I honestly thought it was my system causing that – very odd. Surely that won’t be like that in the game?

#6 7 months ago
  7. FuntimeBen

It is going to take me forever to just get out of the customization area in games. By the time I pick my gun, sight, barrel, and grip – the game will be over.

#7 7 months ago
  8. NocturnalB

@Steph I’m not sure if you ever got your hands on BF3 but they had the same effect/theme on that game, I wasn’t much of a fan either, mildly distracting and annoying at times.

#8 7 months ago
  9. k1llabeast

@7 They usually save so you don’t need to redo it all the time :P

Looks good though, I like it.

#9 7 months ago
  10. zinc

Trouble is, they say “deepest customization ever” & all I hear is “deepest reach into your wallet ever”.

I cannot wait to see how much of this frivolous personalization is hidden behind a paywall, or days of grind.

#10 7 months ago
  11. StanleyRo

Army of two has deeper options, Unrealistic but deeper

#11 7 months ago