Wednesday, 4th September 2013 10:53 GMT By Staff

Xbox One will release on November 22 in 13 territories including the US and Europe, Microsoft announced today. The firm is also making a limited number of additional Xbox One Day One consoles available for pre-order at retail.

These 13 markets include: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK, and USA. Other markets will follow in 2014.

“We are humbled and gratified by the tremendous interest in Xbox One from game fans everywhere,” said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate VP of marketing, strategy and business. “We sold out of our pre-order supply faster than at any other time in our history and we are on path to have the biggest launch of an Xbox ever.”

“November 22 is a special day in Xbox history. We first launched Xbox 360 in 2005. Our next chapter begins in 79 days, when Xbox One becomes available.”

Mehdi said because of the consumer demand, a limited number of additional Xbox One Day One consoles will be made available for pre-order through coordinated effort with retail partners.

“We’re going to keep bringing more value to the Xbox One as we head towards launch building on some of the advancements we have already shared such as the 40 plus improvements to the Xbox One controller, advancements to help you find the perfect opponent and make the most of our online community, to the power of the cloud,” said Mehdi.

“November 22 is a special day in Xbox history – on this day, we first launched Xbox 360 in 2005. Our next chapter begins in 79 days, when Xbox One becomes available. We built Xbox One to bring you the best games, unrivaled multiplayer and more entertainment than ever before. It’s nearly time to say “Xbox On” and open a new world of games and entertainment.”

Earlier this morning, it was rumored by various retailers that the console would get a release date today, with Microsoft retail advisor Mike Ogden confirming an announcement for 2pm UK.

Last week, a Pepsico promotion pegged the Xbox One’s release at late November, debunking the previous rumor which had it down for a November 8 launch.

Microsoft announced yesterday at the Citi Global Technology Conference, it had began full production of the console in preparation for launch and had boosted the CPU from 1.6 GHz to 1.75 GHz.

Xbox One is releasing just seven days after Sony releases its PlayStation 4 in North America and seven days before PS4 lands in Europe on November 29.

1. OmegaSlayer

Release date via twitter…what a mindblowing experience…

#1 12 months ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 What?

#2 12 months ago
  3. Aullah

November 1-5 I bet.

#3 12 months ago
  4. johngeoffrey

I’m saying September 5th.

#4 12 months ago
  5. Tech-N9ne

I have a feeling we are not gonna like it. MS is notorious for late November releases. Really wish its November 1st or the 5th.

#5 12 months ago
  6. Elvis71

I guess second half of november

#6 12 months ago
  7. SplatteredHouse

I think that, 4 hrs from now, essentially, Sony’s IFA http://b2b.ifa-berlin.com/en/ conference will start: http://community.sony.co.uk/t5/IFA/ct-p/ifa_en
    (I don’t know one thing about this show, incidentally, but the description says consumer electronics, which could, potentially, imply tech that ties in to use with their video games products – that’s my suggestion.)

#7 12 months ago
  8. Major Mayhem 70

I’ll believe it when I see it 😡

#8 12 months ago
  9. Fin

Tues Nov 7 US, Tues Nov 19 EU (maybe earlier)

Same date as CoD in the states.

Best guess anyway.

#9 12 months ago
  10. VibraniumSpork

I almost hope they do it the same day as PS4, just for the lulz. Nerds going toe-to-toe outside game shops is a majestic sight, similar to seeing Gazelles lock horns on the great African plains.

#10 12 months ago
  11. Fin

That would be EPIC

#11 12 months ago
  12. DrDamn

I would guess 22nd or 29th November in US to ensure it is out on or by Black Friday. December 6th or 13th for EU countries.

#12 12 months ago
  13. Ekona

Agreed, but can you imagine the fanboy chaos come midnight?! :D

#13 12 months ago
  14. VibraniumSpork

@13 This kinda chaos?: http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d18/gmdino/gifs/Napoleon-Dynamite-GIF-Slap-fight_zps47f9c000.gif

Bring it! ^_^

#14 12 months ago
  15. cluggy89

@14 lmao

#15 12 months ago
  16. pukem0n

oh this would be epic.

we could do human safaris and throw beef jerkys at all those idiots standing in line at midnight to get their piece of plastic and arguing which one is better

#16 12 months ago
  17. Ekona

@14 Lols, just like that. But with more cosplay costumes, I reckon :D

@16 Oi, I intend to be one of those idiots! Well, apart from the arguing bit.

Probably. ;)

#17 12 months ago
  18. viralshag

29th November or 6th December.

#18 12 months ago
  19. cluggy89

hoping for 3rd dec uk, tis my birthday XD

#19 12 months ago
  20. MangoMantang

Late Nov for US like the PepsiCo terms said, and mid December for EU is my guess.

My dream is the same release days as PS4, it would be crazy.

#20 12 months ago
  21. BurritoZ

So basically in 20min here in the US? I’d say before Nov 15, they’ll want to release it before the PS4, especially since they’re losing ground. But well have to wait and see if MS plays it smart. LOL nov 15 release date would be awesome though, fanboy wars outside of gamestop, best buy, walmart, ect.

#21 12 months ago
  22. Ekona

Earlier than the PS4 and they’ll be accused of rushing to market, any later and it’ll be that they’ve already lost the war.

#22 12 months ago
  23. VibraniumSpork

A week before PS4 (in the UK) huh? http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/RUDE.gif

#23 12 months ago
  24. viralshag

A week out with my guess. 22nd then, bring it!

#24 12 months ago
  25. DrDamn

/called it! (By covering 4 of the most obvious dates with my guesses)
    /inappropriately smug

Good stuff anyway. Global launch is nice. Will be great when they launch and we can just start talking about the games eh? (like that’ll happen).

Just a PS4 for me this year though, hopefully next year for the X1.

#25 12 months ago
  26. wildBoar

Both of these release date unveils have been really anticlimactic.. First Sony drops it all the way into Nov. after we all thought they were so ready they could drop it in Oct if they wanted and now a tweet?

For once I just one see someone go. Our new console will launch.. NOW, IT’S RIGHT NOW BITCHES! I guess the question now is, how long will it take Microsoft to catch up to Sony in these other territories? And will anyone in them care?

#26 12 months ago
  27. VibraniumSpork

@25 “Just a PS4 for me this year though, hopefully next year for the X1.” – Same for me, though I do have an XB1 Day One Edition on pre-order that I was considering flipping on eBay. Gonna be difficult not opening it for myself though with this ‘week’s wait for next-gen’ bullshit ^_^

#27 12 months ago
  28. smithy2483

Possibly MS knows the interest in Europe for PS4 is high so got in earlier. Whereas they know US is predominantly xBox anyways so a week later may not hurt

PS4 for me (UK) although gutted to be missing Forza, will pick up the Xbone next year

#28 12 months ago
  29. Eregol

@28 How many European territories are they not launching in though? 8?
    7 days will not give them much of a head start in 6 European territories and Australia.

#29 12 months ago
  30. Mike W

Exciting times man……very exciting.

There’s going to be blood in the streets this November, hopefully it’s all digital.

#30 12 months ago
  31. VibraniumSpork

@29 Seeing the XB1ers enjoying next-gen a week ahead of me’s really gonna rustle my jimmies though -_-

#31 12 months ago
  32. Eregol

#32 12 months ago
  33. Eregol

Won’t affect me. Wasn’t planning on getting my PS4 til January anyway. So PS4 and XB1 owners will be on Next gen before me.

#33 12 months ago
  34. Dragon246

So, just between the PS4 sandwich :D

November cant come soon enough!

#34 12 months ago
  35. VibraniumSpork

@32 +1 :D

#35 12 months ago
  36. GrimRita

This is great news for me as I am playing Game Dev Tycoon and will be releasing on this format ^^

#36 12 months ago
  37. Eregol

@36 Sure it’s Game Dev Tycoon and not Game Dev Story with it’s console shaped like a toilet?

#37 12 months ago
  38. Dragon246

Just to add, same day as Super Mario 3D World for Wiiu :D

#38 12 months ago
  39. Eregol

Funnily, it’s also the 50th anniversary of when JFK was shot.

#39 12 months ago
  40. hitnrun

It doesn’t really matter unless you’re someone planning to buy one or the other at launch.

When they go early, they spin it as being first. But that means fewer units have time to be produced, and fewer sales in the first batch. Which they then spin as “huge demand” and milk the free media from that.

#40 12 months ago
  41. Professor Zoom

It’s always those who won last gen and the strongest ones who still have a fantastic selling system that launch their next gen system last, this time the weakest one who didn’t have anything more to release on their console or could sell more was Nintendo, so they had to craft a new system fast a whole year before Sony and Microsoft and yet they haven’t even reached 4 million sales yet and it’s not even a next gen system, the seond is Playstaion 4 and the last releasing is Xbox One, which is gonna become the best next gen console.

#41 12 months ago
  42. Opalauge

IFA is the “Internationale Funkausstellung”. it is an expo for consumer electronics-primarily TV’s, Mobiles, Tablets, Kameras, HiFi Equipment and BD Players…such things.
    the PS4 will most probably not be on the agenda.

greetings from berlin. :)

#42 12 months ago
  43. Docker Al

Discovered the news via the console’s home page while changing game discs. It’s real now. That controller is coming along with dedicated servers for all the big games. All of Microsoft’s recent dramas will be forgotten in an instant. Millions will be celebrating a new era of gaming.
    And sad losers will be on these pages complaining.

#43 12 months ago