Sony signs 21 publishers for exclusive PlayStation content

Friday, 30th August 2013 06:04 GMT By Brenna Hillier

In a presentation at GameStop Expo in Las Vegas this weekend, SCE America unveiled an impressive list of publishers committed to providing exclusive content for PlayStation platforms.

The full line up of publishers, helpfully listed by Gematsu, is below and detailed where possible. Unfortunately, much of it remains a mystery; it is likely to range from early access right through to platform exclusives, for PS3, PS4, Vita and PlayStation Mobile.

1. xFidelCashflow

*claps*

#1 10 months ago
  2. redwood

am in the ps4 camp.. but sony should have also added “and just to be clear when we say content, we are NOT talking about skins and hats”

still nice to see SOME news from sony.

#2 10 months ago
  3. OmegaSlayer

It IS skins and hats :(

#3 10 months ago
  4. redwood

@3 i ‘ll be in the corner crying

#4 10 months ago
  5. ddtd

So Deep Down is an exclusive. One more reason to get both systems.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Djoenz

Square Enix? hmmmm. . . .
    Level5 make some magic please.

#6 10 months ago
  7. salarta

Out of that list of 21 publishers, four are companies I don’t buy games for anymore due to either no good games or poor treatment of IPs/people (Capcom, Sega, Squeenix, Ubisoft), and two are only for buying specific IPs but avoiding most of the rest of what they make (Konami, Warner Bros.).

That really only amounts to 15 publishers for me. Still a pretty good number.

#7 10 months ago
  8. TF_PtMaster

Rockstar Games… Agent???????

#8 10 months ago
  9. polygem

got to love this marketing bs (not only sony’s ,mind you).

21 publishers for exclusive content sounds hot. most of this exclusive content will probably be some mp skins and other must have features :)

sony should better focus on the quality of their first and second party stuff again. there has been an enormous drop in quality content recently, especially with their vita games, but also ratchet, even gow to some point, lbp spin offs etc.

i really wonder why journos haven’t jumped on it yet. to me it was pretty much visible throughout the last 2 years and that’s a shame. some of my favourite ip’s are owned by sony.

they need to fix that. the ps brand suffers from it and i mean that as a friend not a foe.

edit: hopefully it was because they focused on ps4 and they will be back in shiny armour with that thing.

#9 10 months ago
  10. yasxkzun

this is awesome

MS does timed exclusive sony does exclusive

never coming to PC and x1

more reasons to buy PS4

#10 10 months ago
  11. Belmont

I don’t think there was an enormous drop, a drop, but not that huge.

TLoU was a big success but other than that there have been drops here and there, GoW Ascension was an unnecessary thing, and pointless, GoW3 has already done everything well enough. But I have no criticism on LBP, they have been great all around IMO.

Regarding Ratchet, I say that it is more Insomniac’s mistake than sony’s. After all Insomniac blew it with Resistance, a game that with enough work could have been sony’s poster boy. Then they blew it with Fuse and I’m very skeptical about both new ratchet and Sunset Overdrive.

I think that sony has enough under cooking to come back to scene with enough swagger. Th Order certainly looks nice, new game(s) from ND, the thing santa monica is brewing up (with battlestar galactica guy), David cage has something in the works and …

#11 10 months ago
  12. Gradly

And I guess SEGA -> Yakuza

#12 10 months ago
  13. back__up

PC beggars and xbot take that

#13 10 months ago
  14. Ekona

Typical Sony, just throwing money at companies to get all this exclusive content, they must be really worried about the Xbone!!!11

;)

#14 10 months ago
  15. fihar

I thought that Sanzaru is owned by Sony?
    Guess I was wrong but this obviously means that Sly won’t be going away anytime soon, which is good.

And it’s safe to say that Persona won’t be going multiplatform anytime soon.

#15 10 months ago
  16. Djoenz

Exclusive content or timed exclusive content are freaking lame. Im more interested in the exclusive games.

#16 10 months ago
  17. Erthazus

Skins, missions for 1 hour and third party shitty DLC’s + timed exclusive POS

just for fanboys.

sony: Playstation fanboys, please buy our system. We have no games right now but we need your support to continue on this road of bullshit, lies about next gen and etc.

#17 10 months ago
  18. super3001

desperate sony throw money at shitty dlc timed exclusive deal

pathetic they know ms beat them with games

#18 10 months ago
  19. Gheritt White

@7: No good games… in your opinion only. Everybody else seems to be enjoying the hell out of them, as FarCry 3, Tomb Raider and Dragon’s Dogma attest.

#19 10 months ago
  20. pukem0n

wooohoo.

Watchdogs, exclusive hacking boost! :D

#20 10 months ago
  21. Abberjam

@8 So far, a GTA5/PS3 bundle and a GTA5 headset: http://tinyurl.com/nrktumh

#21 10 months ago
  22. OmegaSlayer

Did you realized that people doesn’t reply you anymore?

#22 10 months ago
  23. Erthazus

@22, They reply. Just right now for example.

But no thanks. I don’t need replies from Sony fanboys that jizz over 1 hour exclusive content.

#23 10 months ago
  24. Lengendaryboss

LOL at the first two sentences.

#24 10 months ago
  25. Lengendaryboss

No they are independent, you don’t know when Sony is gonna snap up one of their second party studios.

Point: Some of those publishers are odd ball choices but MS doing it obviously forced Sony’s hand.

#25 10 months ago
  26. Dendroball

And surprise EA is also going to make exclusive/timed exclusive content for Sony, just as they’re making it for MS right now, after all this talk that EA is turning its back on PS players. No hard feelings, that’s just business here just like past gen.

#26 10 months ago
  27. Arnvidr

Exclusive beta is fancy, but “exclusive content”, exclusive DLC and timed exclusives needs to die. Give me a full exclusive game or STFU. Microsoft seems more guilty of this though if I’m not mistaken.

#27 10 months ago
  28. Biscuitpants

lol how the fuck can you idiots think that they have exclusive games when the title says “exclusive content”

#28 10 months ago
  29. infernalism

Are games not “content”? In other words, isn’t “exclusive content” just a broader term than games, which might, or might not include whole exclusive games?

#29 10 months ago
  30. fearmonkey

One of my favorite all time games on the original PS was jumping Flash, I wish so much they would make a reboot, sequel, or remaster of that game.

#30 10 months ago
  31. II-WAR-STEINER-II

Dudes last but NOT least

its ONLY ON PLAYSTATION

so true ^^

#31 10 months ago
  32. II-WAR-STEINER-II

M$ must thinking like this

#32 10 months ago
  33. II-WAR-STEINER-II

Damn SONY ur so hot its like

#33 10 months ago
  34. sebastien rivas

Battle rage, battle rage in this aggressive new trend.

I am very unhappy about that fact and it won’t make me buy 2 consoles…

What about you? are you ready to buy 2 consoles because 3rd party devers joined red or black and unfortunately there are titles you would like to game on for each platform?

Just business for money and not about games, gamers, and demonstrates an obvious lack of confidence in pubs!

#34 10 months ago
  35. II-WAR-STEINER-II

I only need a PS3-4 and a PC cuz MS exclusive are running on a PC so why i need a Xbox? There is no point…

#35 10 months ago
  36. pcbros

I think the PS4 and XB1 need more full exclusives. No timed or dlc exclusives (to me those are nothing more than cheap bragging rights).

I remember when I owned a SNES, I also wanted a Genesis because it had so many games that weren’t out on my SNES.

I guess the fact that PS4 and XB1 are so similar in hardware, companies are more willing to publish for both systems. Where are the Genesis and SNES were very different.

#36 10 months ago