Soul Calibur 2 HD Online will include the fighters Spawn and Heihachi on both platforms

Thursday, 29th August 2013 21:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Soul Calibur 2 HD Online will include Spawn and Heihachi for the first time ever playable on both PS3 and Xbox One. The Project Soul-developed title has online multiplayer support, updated graphics and will be released this fall digitally through PSN and XBL. Check out screenshots of both fighters below as well as a new video.

1. monkeygourmet

Sooooooo… Namco has the Spawn license still?

Why haven’t they made a decent open world spawn game?!

Also, off topic, wasn’t their a ‘Constantine’ game at some point?

#1 1 year ago
  2. sh4dow

If memory serves me correctly that means there is one bonus fighter missing. Does anybody else remember? Huh? Huh?
    Oh yeah, the company owning him would never let him go ;) (which is quite understandable, I suppose)

#2 1 year ago
  3. JamieAllen

My Uncle Alex just got a fantastic black Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab from only workin parttime on a pc… visit the site… C­­a­­f­­e­­4­­4.ℂ­­ℴ­­ℳ

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gheritt White

@2: Yes, it was Link. :)

Tbh, as much as I love SC2, SC3 was probably the b est game in the series. Such a shame it was only on PS2, would’ve loved to have played it way back when on my Xbox.

Also, Spawn was frickin’ fantastic to play with, shame he wasn’t in more Namco 1-on-1 fighters!

#4 1 year ago
  5. absolutezero

If memory serves correctly there was a Constantine game and it was about as bad as you would think it would be. Terrible Keanu impression, dodgy gameplay and just generally terrible.

Would love a Spawn game though, a proper full on Spawn game but then I would much rather have a proper Hellboy title.

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

Hell Boy?!

Yes, yes and thrice yes!!!

I will check out the Constantine game! :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. sh4dow

@4:

Ah, good to see somebody here who remembers :)
    For me, SC2 was the last part of the series I played. The original Soul Calibur was so amazing for me because I couldn’t believe that a console was capable of rendering such amazing visuals.
    I still remember watching the first clip, which I believe was just 30 seconds long and featured Cervantes and a stage at dusk for half an hour.
    And then there was of course the mission mode, which kept me interested for longer than any other fighting game had previously managed to. It was probably also the first fighting game I ever played long enough to be able to finish it on the hardest difficulty in Arcade mode.

But… SC2 wasn’t that revolutionary any more, really felt more like an add-on pack and the only slightly improved graphics were just a testament to how much Dreamcast was ahead of its time.
    Everything that followed was obviously even less impressive. So I never bothered playing any of them because I wanted to remember Soul Calibur as what it was… something spectacular and revolutionary. Not some pathetic, worn out franchise.

#7 1 year ago
  8. SuperGamerDude

@7 Yeah I remember playing the first ever SC game and it was so impressive… Especially for it’s time.

I agree with your comment that SC2 was more of the same but if there was one I’d recommend out of the entire franchise, it would be C2.

The following sequels just didn’t match SC2 on gameplay.

#8 1 year ago