PS4 owners get free 14-day PlayStation Plus trial, free games

Tuesday, 20th August 2013 19:10 GMT By Dave Cook

PS Plus was discussed at Sony’s pre-gamescom press event in Cologne. Free trials and free games were on the menu.

PS4 owners can get a free 14-day trial of PS Plus when they get their game as well as free access to Driveclub and Housemarque’s shooter Res0gun.

Assassin’s Creed 3 is also going free on PS Plus soon.

Starting tomorrow, if you sign-up to PS Plus, Sony will add 90 days to your membership for free.

PS4 members will get 3GB of cloud storage, while Vita and PS3 members get 2GB. No word on if this stacks for those who have multiple consoles.

PS Plus is required for multiplayer on PS4, although this remains free for PS3 and Vita. A yearly subscription to PS Plus costs £40/€50/$50/AUD$70.

Does this make you more tempted to give it a shot? Let us know below.

1. KineticCalvaria

Been waiting for this deal, signing up for Plus tomorrow!

#1 1 year ago
  2. The_Red

While PS Plus gets AC3, maybe Xbox Live can get AC Brotherhood for free sometime in the late 2016. That and probably Halo ODST if MS is feeling generous.

#2 1 year ago
  3. bradk825

@2 Currently PS+ is set up for the games, they are not really free games, they are why you get PS+.

Meanwhile, XBL Gold is an existing service, and the people subcribed are getting some free games.

PS3 owners on PS+ are still playing on the same free/shitty/unsecure network.

It’s not a like for like comparison. I never expected newish games on Games with Gold.

#3 1 year ago
  4. zoopdeloop

@3 that broken record is really old and kind of pointless…time to switch to another if you have any

#4 1 year ago
  5. FuntimeBen

@3 As a 360 and PS3 owner, I can attest that Gold has its fair share of issues. The fact that we pay at all for the service is beyond me and their free games with gold is so far underwhelming. I have been majorly impressed with PS+ over the last year. I cannot say the same for XBLG.

Also my Gold account was hacked by those charming FIFA folks last year and it sucked.

#5 1 year ago
  6. sebastien rivas

I would say yes, it is tempting. How free can be wrong. Of course anyone would rather have it free unlimited but hey it is still a nice gesture.
    Will Xbox follow? I hope so for gamers’ sake of gaming ;)

#6 1 year ago
  7. luv1138

I will have to purchase PS+ for sure now.

#7 1 year ago