Castle of Illusion remake releasing Sept 4, pre-orders include Mega Drive original

Friday, 16th August 2013 16:23 GMT By Dave Cook

Mickey Mouse’s classic Mega Drive romp Castle of Illusion has been dated for a September 4 release on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Pre-orders are now open and include an emulated edition of the original game.

It’s coming out at £10 / 1200 Microsoft Points, and PSN pre-orders begin August 21. If you lay down your order you’ll get the Mega Drive classic, three avatar pics and a dynamic XMB theme.

Are you looking forward to the remake? Let us know below.

Via Eurogamer.

1. TheWulf

If it’s anywhere near as good as the Duck Tales remake, I am! I’ve been having a blast with that and thoroughly enjoying myself. It’s nice to have a game that can outwit me occasionally too, so that I have to replay a level. Not because it’s unfair, but because I wasn’t braining at the time about the purpose of that rock or whatnot.

I’m really not surprised that Duck Tales was made by the same person as Megaman, and now that I’ve been replaying it (again), I remember why. So if Mickey’s going to be half that good, then yes, I’m very excited!

#1 1 year ago
  2. OlderGamer

I am with Wulf, more of these please. The game looks great. Nice video fellas.

#2 1 year ago
  3. SplatteredHouse

I’m reading from the Sega blog that the original version may only be offered as pre-order bonus on PS3, and along with the pics/theme bonuses mentioned, limited to North America.

#3 1 year ago
  4. pcbros

I hope this pre-order bonus is offered to Steam and Xbox Live users as well.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Nickwpearce

Exclusive for PSN, sony must be desperate for sales!

#5 1 year ago
  6. PS4FANB0Y

Is this coming to the Vita or just PS3?

#6 1 year ago