Dota 2 The International: Alliance wins $1.43 million

Monday, 12th August 2013 05:47 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Valve’s annual Dota 2 world championships have drawn to a close, with grand prize winners Alliance walking home with a $1.43 payout.

The Swedish team took top spot in the third International, as reported by Gamespot, in a hotly contested grand final against Ukraine’s Na’Vi.

The best-of-five final was a near thing, ending with three matches to Alliance versus Na’Vi’s two.

The totla prize pool for this year’s tournament was $2.87 million, partially funded by sales of the Dota 2 Compendium.

Alliance netted $1,437,204 of the total pool, while Na’Vi took home $632,370, and third place, Malaysia’s Neolution Orange, won $287,441.

The third International was held in Seattle over three days this weekend, and drew record peak conuccrent viewers of around 600,000.

1. noamlol2

that’s a lot of money….

enough to buy these virgins a boatload of whores :P

#1 1 year ago
  2. mathare92

I don’t even play Dota, and hardly understand any of the terminology, but that final was incredibly engrossing to watch, especially the penultimate match.

Well done to Valve for doing a really professional job of the whole event. It certainly helped reduce my eSports pessimism.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

$1.43?

#3 1 year ago
  4. redwood

what’s the tax on such winnings? it’s really high on lottery, so does this fall in the same category? also it gets split between the whole team so am guessing it’s not really a great job to have these days :P or is it?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Tavarish

@3 As in 1 430 000 USD

@4 Usually those winnings already have tax payed so they get to keep in full what they won.

#5 1 year ago
  6. backup

again valve Stole this from blizzard
    PC pirates and Valve both thief and pirates jeez

#6 1 year ago
  7. ostkungen

#6 Backup: Valve did not in any way steal this from blizzard, a few non blizzard employees made a wc3 map of their own that did end up as dota, blizzard wanted Icefrog who is the developer of the map to make them a dota map in SC2 pretty much for free, valve on the other hand were willing to employ icefrog and just let him do his thing.

So neither the concept or the developer were stolen from blizzard

#7 1 year ago
  8. backup

and they did same with l4d , cs and portal

#8 1 year ago
  9. Gregor

@ostkungen don’t waste your time with backup… he has mental cancer. Very sad, I know. By the way… no dota 2 on ps3, backup? so sad u_u

#9 1 year ago
  10. backup

ostkungen don’t waste your time with Gregor he has mental cancer. Very sad, I know.
    By the way… nno RDR,GTA5,MGS4 on PC so sad Gregor ? so sad u_u

#10 1 year ago
  11. Gregor

I know backup, I know. Even now daddy still loves you… even with you mental problems.

#11 1 year ago
  12. backup

sad to know gregor, really sad that u r mom dad doesn’t love u even with your mental problems

#12 1 year ago
  13. JopDiga

Oh no ARMA 3, DOTA 2, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2 etc.

And most PC Gamers even have a console so they can play RDR, GTA V etc.
    So PC + Console > only PS3

I can play more games than you haha you bitch.

#13 1 year ago
  14. backup

hahaha PC only gets MMOS RTS

PC gamers knew that so they are leaving shitty PC and buying PS3 (or whichever console they like)

All hail consoles
    PC = beggars race

#14 1 year ago
  15. Gregor

“u r mom dad” What is that? Wait… Are you talking about your own mutant family? The putrid family? Still fapping with pictures of your dead daddy?

#15 1 year ago
  16. JopDiga

Not really they dont leave and they dont buy PS3 they buy Xbox 360 because it fucks PS3 in the ass when it comes to multiplat games every single time and besides Uncharted and The Last of Us your PS3 is shit. I regret buying the PS3 at launch because it haz no games remember haha!

PC has way more things than only MMOs you cocksucker. And PC + Console fucks your PS3 only because we can play more games doesnt matter if only MMOs we have more games.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Gregor

Sorry backup, I have to go… you know STALKER with Misery 2.0 is waiting for me.

#17 1 year ago
  18. backup

hahaha u r statement just proves that PC gamers not happy with their PC games as they get shitty MMO RTS

i don’t care wat console ppl buys
    that depends on their individual taste

#18 1 year ago
  19. JopDiga

Please ban that fucking guy. Dave come one dont you realize that this guy is destroying vg247? Cant you just IP ban him? You can even ban me if you want but only if he also gets banned. Just make every day or two some kind of CHECK that if someone is obvious troll and cocksucker like that guy you ban him. Vg247 was a nice gaming website but no longer anymore.

#19 1 year ago
  20. backup

i owned JopDiga so much that he can’t even back to me

just started crying like kid,giving bad words and now wants to ban me lol

ownage was biggest i guess

#20 1 year ago
  21. JopDiga

You did a shit. I realized that you are a fucking teenager who gives blow jobs every day and I dont like teen-gay-people. So I wont reply to your shit and I will tell you: Your mom and dad will die because of aids because your mother is a bitch like you and I will go to your home and dance that day in your face.

VG247 is shit.

Besides I owned you: I gave you links to your PS3 pirate and hack stuff and even cheat.
    Also proved BF3 has more players and content than your MAG, LAG, FAG, DEAD shit.
    Also gave you biggest ownage pwnage in your face because I can play more games than you. I play Uncharted and when I dont want to play it anymore I go to PC gaming and play ARMA 3, Guild Wars 2 etc. while you only play the same games haha.

#21 1 year ago
  22. backup

younger generation >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> foul mouthed older generation

there u go i owned u again

#22 1 year ago
  23. backup

prove that all those stuff u posted are on PS3 (not on PC) i mean all that’s all that game piracy and all those stuff

#23 1 year ago
  24. JopDiga

Copy and Paste. You nigga.

#24 1 year ago
  25. JopDiga

You idiot you can go to your PS3 and visit that website you fucker.
    It proves that you can play pirated games. Full stop you nigga.

#25 1 year ago
  26. JopDiga

Bye bye nigga backup cocksucker.

#26 1 year ago
  27. Yoshi

I’d just personally like to thank you for ruining this article. *slow clap*

#27 1 year ago