Steam Summer Getaway Sale flash sales include Torchlight 2

Monday, 15th July 2013 02:50 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Steam’s eight-hour flash and community sale items have been refreshed. Full details through the break, but you can get Torchlight 2 and Spec Ops: The Line at 75% off, among other bargains.

As ever, head over to Steam to take advantage of the sales below. Check back in another eight hours for the next set, as well as day five bargains.

1. lexph3re

So mad at you steam….. Witcher 1 &2, deadlight, left 4 dead 2, last remnant, legacy of kain series…. why no Alan wake sale yet? hurry the eff up!

#1 1 year ago
  2. Yoshi

@1 You shoulda got Alan Wake in the humble bundle a few week ago xd

#2 1 year ago
  3. nironz

@1 really you don’t know alan wake in humble bundle, you just pay $1 and get digital collector edition.

#3 1 year ago
  4. ChunkyLover112

#4:

Or you could be really good person and give them like $2.

#4 1 year ago
  5. GrimRita

Or $3

#5 1 year ago
  6. backup

100 million pirated on torrents

#6 1 year ago
  7. Sublimeone

@ backup – Did you just DISCOVER Torrents.
    By the way – torrents have been around for at least a DECADE – YES!!
    I mean come on – whats the deal with all the torrent comments.
    Makes you come off very immature.

#7 1 year ago
  8. backup

PC gamers downloading through torrents is not immature yay right

#8 1 year ago
  9. TheWulf

Explain then why piracy numbers for the PS3 and 360 are higher than the PC.

I can do that for you — malware. The PS3 and 360 have a no-risk scenario. You can torrent a PS3/360 game without having to worry about something nasty getting into your system because it isn’t from a trustworthy source. However, the worst that can happen to the PS3/360 is bricking, but that’s easy to protect against. That’s because the PS3 and 360 are both very simple machines when compared to the PC. The PC is infinitely more complex in what it does and how it does it.

The more complex something is, the more damage malware can do.

So all you’re telling us by this is that you know of torrents, and that you likely use them as well. Since for every one PC game download, there will be 10 PS3/360 games downloaded. You’re admitting to us that you’re a filthy pirate who never pays for his games, and projecting onto other people.

Frankly, I’m wondering if I should pass your details along to the authorities, since you do seem to know a LOT about torrents.

#9 1 year ago
  10. TheWulf

I feel bad for you. The Humble Bundle had Alan Wake in it, I bought it for a couple of friends at the time because it was such a great deal. Well, it might happen again, but I do advise following news sites more regularly to keep on top of sales like that.

Sorry you missed it. :c

#10 1 year ago
  11. backup

prove to me torrents are on consoles

u can’t hahahaha

PC gamers pirates console games through PC torrents

PC pirate got owned hahahaha

#11 1 year ago
  12. TheWulf

I think he did just discover torrents. He’s got his console cracked and he’s downloaded loads of games, like the filthy pirate he is. And now he’s projecting onto other people because he’s scared that his ‘naughtiness’ will be found out.

Most PC gamers know it’s unwise to engage in piracy because of malware, but consoles have no such barrier of entry. It’s child’s play to crack a PS3 and download games for it — this is why Sony flipped a shit when it happened. Every machine will eventually be cracked, and you’ll always have pirates waiting for that to happen, just like backup.

#12 1 year ago
  13. TheWulf

You need to stop projecting. I know you have issues (mainly a piracy addiction), and you haven’t paid for a single one of your console games. You’re just a very dirty, uncouth, nasty little thing of a person. You’re accusing other people of what you do.

Yes, we know you pirate. That’s all you’ve said in this comments thread. It’s pretty damned obvious that you have a hard-on for torrents and pirating. No one else here does, just you. This is on you.

#13 1 year ago
  14. backup

PC pirates failing to prove torrents and other file sharing sites on consoles thus crying when they get owned hahaha

#14 1 year ago
  15. TheWulf

Again, who has the hard on for torrents in every comments section? >_>

It’s you. No one else even mentions them because PC gamers don’t like piracy, it’s fairly common knowledge. But you’re a filthy little thing, aren’t you? You can’t stop pirating and you want to draw attention from your own horrible little habits.

It’s pretty obvious what’s going on here, guy. You wouldn’t keep biting every time I troll you if you didn’t.

You need to stop pirating. :I

#15 1 year ago
  16. backup

lol PC gamers themselves are pirates

every developers have spoken crytek in recent

#16 1 year ago
  17. DrDamn

Whilst backup talks near constant crap where do you back up this statement …

“Explain then why piracy numbers for the PS3 and 360 are higher than the PC.”

From that last link …
    “Piracy exists on almost every console to varying degrees,” said Svensson. “The only one I would say is fairly inconsequential to our business, as much as we can tell, is PlayStation 3. Obviously the PlayStation 3 was opened up [jailbroken], and through a variety of systems, Sony has managed to largely put that genie back in the bottle, to the point where the scene is nowhere near as large as it is on other platforms.”

#17 1 year ago
  18. TheWulf

I see your English is deteriorating, there. I don’t think that “every developers have spoken crytek in recent” is actually a sentence. So you may want to pirate a dictionary to go along with all those games you’ve pirated.

#18 1 year ago
  19. TheWulf

I’m just counter-trolling him. It’s funny that some people are having kneejerk reactions to this, though. Why are you so defensive? You don’t pirate, do you?

#19 1 year ago
  20. backup

PC pirates pirating console games because they are jelly of awesome PS3 games

first prove torrents are on consoles if not GTFO

#20 1 year ago
  21. backup

keeping crying

instead show me proof that torrents are on consoles

#21 1 year ago
  22. TheWulf

Why are you asking me? You’re the one who pirates and has a torrent fetish. You’re the one with the massive library of pirated games and the knowledge about all these torrents. You’re projecting this onto people who don’t really care about such things.

You sound like you want to have sex with torrent sites, half of the time. You remind me of those politicians who outwardly hated gay people but were closeted gays themselves.

You have issues. I’d recommend seeing a therapist. Just… don’t pirate therapy books from the Internet, that’s not how you fix your problem.

#22 1 year ago
  23. TheWulf

I don’t need to show you proof. That you keep biting is enough for me.

#23 1 year ago
  24. DrDamn

Why bother with him at all? It’s fairly obvious from his posts he knows nothing. Best to ignore than leave posts yourself which make you look silly, regardless of your intentions. You’ve made schoolboy errors in your troll attempts by using proper grammar, spelling and an actual argument.

#24 1 year ago
  25. backup

hahah u don’t have any

it is really sad that PC pirates responsible for pirating console,handheld,tv shows……list go on and after that they make steam account and buy games for 1 $ and thinks they supported developers

#25 1 year ago
  26. TheWulf

I know, it’s just fun to counter-troll them, sometimes. To see if they actually have anything to offer beyond canned ‘PC users are pirates’ nonsense. They don’t. He really needs some new material, because I can hear his raging from here.

#26 1 year ago
  27. OwnedWhenStoned

So Backups a pirate now? THE HYPOCRITE!

#27 1 year ago
  28. backup

u got owned and now u have started giving lame excuses

u said Console gamers are pirates yet not proved torrents are on consoles

#28 1 year ago
  29. backup

still begging for gta 5,RDR in R* forums LMAO

#29 1 year ago
  30. TheWulf

Again, it’s funny that you know so much about torrents, isn’t it? I don’t see anyone else around here talking about how much they love torrents, that’s just you. We get that you have a torrent fetish, guy. We get that you don’t spend money on things. It’s okay. I understand that.

But you have to stop this projecting, it’s seriously bad karma. The first step to solving your problem is for you to admit that you have a problem, come on… it’s not that hard. We won’t judge you for it. All you have to do is admit that you have a problem. Then the healing can begin.

I feel really sorry for you, honestly. I kind of do wish I could help you. You’re pathetic, but not in a way that makes me angry. You’re pathetic in that special kind of way that an addict is, in that you’d sell your body for more pirated games.

It’s o-kay. It really is o-kay.

Now, I’d like for you to think about what we’ve talked about. It’s for your own good, okay?

#30 1 year ago
  31. Hcw87

No point trying to have a discussion with this ”backup” who’s yet to reach puberty and has an IQ of 73. Or it could be a monkey that’s learned how to type.

#31 1 year ago
  32. backup

prove that torrents are on consoles else GTFO

#32 1 year ago
  33. backup

No point trying to have a discussion with this ”Hcw87 ” who’s yet to reach puberty and has an IQ of 0.000001. Or it could be a donkey that’s learned how to type

#33 1 year ago
  34. Lengendaryboss

#34 1 year ago
  35. Fin

“Explain then why piracy numbers for the PS3 and 360 are higher than the PC.”

?

Unless you’re counting pirates as a percentage of overall PC ownership, which is obviously ridiculous.

#35 1 year ago
  36. OwnedWhenStoned

?

I’ve never been on R* forums. You got the wrong guy MR PIRATE!

#36 1 year ago
  37. backup

are torrents on consoles ?
    If yes please go ahead and prove it

#37 1 year ago
  38. backup

PC gamers like u can continue begging for RDR and GTA 5

and other games ? ohh i see TLOU begging from PC gamers

#38 1 year ago
  39. OwnedWhenStoned

Ah yes but that’s not me is it. You are generalising.

I mean, that’s like me deciding that all PS3 users are like you, but that’s not true. Some of them are decent folk.

#39 1 year ago
  40. backup

PC gamers always ready for petition and begging u simply can’t deny that

#40 1 year ago
  41. Lengendaryboss

#41 1 year ago
  42. Samoan Spider

@40 I hate the BBC news, but here’s a nice article from a couple of years ago:

I also hate how piracy is reported. A pirated product =/= a lost sale but at least there’s a mainstream source covering what you’re saying you want proof for.

#42 1 year ago