Dark Souls, Bastion and more added to Steam flash sales

Friday, 12th July 2013 02:23 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Steam Summer Sale is eight hours old, and you know what that means – new flash sale,s the first community choice discount, and even more reasons to abuse your poor, innocent credit card. Details of the newest bargains through the break:

The new flash sales – which last just eight hours – are Dark Souls: prepare to Die Edition, Bastion, CitiesXL, and Euro Truck Simulator 2.

Borderlands 2 was the first community choice selection, and the new choices are Saints Row: The Third, Mass Effect 2 and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2.

Grab these bargain or get to voting directly from Steam’s frontpage.

Wander back in another eight hours for the next batch of short-offer sales from Dave, and Steph will provide coverage of the second batch of 24 hour deals on Saturday. The sale runs July 11-22 and we’ll try to keep you in the loop, but you may want to bookmark this tracker.

Click to enlarge.

1. deathm00n

I’m the proud owner of two great games now, dark souls and borderlands 2.

I fear for my wallet and mental integrity by the end of this sale.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Monk

Fuuuuuuu…

I just brought Bastion for 7.45$ because it was 50% disconted for me and I gave a gift for my friend just 4 hours ago.

Now it’s only 2.24, why god what :( ?!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Yoshi

@2 A rule of thumb, when a game is on the general sale price leave it and buy it at the very end. That way you can wait to see if it’ll go onto any of the daily/community choice deals.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Stardog

Idiots chose Borderlands 2 instead of Dishonoured…

#4 1 year ago
  5. Yoshi

@4 I chose Far Cry 3 :(

#5 1 year ago
  6. xxJPRACERxx

@4 Maybe there’s a lot of people who already have Dishonored.

#6 1 year ago
  7. DSB

Borderlands 2 is nothing to scoff at. The DLC is pretty halfassed, but Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt and especially Tiny Tina’s Assault are both top notch.

#7 1 year ago
  8. deathm00n

@4 Idiots makes comments on other persons personal tastes*

Corrected for you.

#8 1 year ago
  9. k1llabeast

Bought Bastion, awesome deal! :D

#9 1 year ago
  10. Kuppz90

Bought Hotline Miami and Bastion so far, 2 euros per game is a steal :D

#10 1 year ago
  11. Monk

@3 last week I checked the price for Bastion and it was 15$, that’s why I thought
    It’s under the summer sale.

Thanks anyway.