The Wonderful 101 has Platinum’s “all”, so no DLC

Monday, 8th July 2013 03:41 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The Wonderful 101 won’t need DLC because Platinum Games has already put everything it can into it, according to project lead Hideki Kamiya. “We put all we want to do in 101 so you don’t need DLC, I think,” the outspoken developer said on Twitter. The Wonderful 101 is coming exclusively to Wii U in August and will be about 20 hours long – with lots of replayability.

Thanks, NintendoLife

1. Francis O

This is why I like Nintendo games. All the content is in there for the most part. No need for DLC.

#1 1 year ago
  2. melonbuster1

No the online for the wiiu isn’t great. So dlc don’t really do well for the system. . That’s why. Nintendo games are for kid’s not parents who spend cash

#2 1 year ago
  3. ps3fanboy

this is great dont need dlc when all of the game is released on the disc, so this is a good thing. keep up the no dlc attitude nintendo !…

#3 1 year ago
  4. Francis O

The online for the Wii U is fine. I bought DLC for New Super Mario Bros no problem.

Nintendo games are for gamers that grew up with Nintendo and like classic gaming. Today’s games are for kids and teenagers who think that shooting people makes games mature.

When in actuality….today’s games are for kids that want to “think” they are grown for playing violent games….

Kind of how I did when I first played Mortal Kombat. Watch this video if you feel like getting enlightened

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

Isn’t it the parents who buy the games and systems for the children?

I can’t tell if your being serious, an idiot, mistaken or all of the above :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. Ireland Michael

@4 My kids don’t play violent video games, and don’t even want to. Most of the kids (talking about 10 – 16 here) I know are busy playing stuff like Pokemon, Minecraft, and Angry Birds.

The ones I know who play “violent” games tend to be in the severe minority, and they’re the unsociable one, the loners, the ones who sit inside playing games by themselves all day.

And as much as I hate all the regurgitated crap being released right now, there are still tonnes of games coming out that aren’t trying to fit into the whole testosterone fuelled teenage violence design.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Clupula

@6 – Yeah, if we were to go by his premise that simply being violent is all it takes for kids to love a game, Time Killers would have been more popular than Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter combined, while Saint’s Row would be the most popular game series with pre-teens today and Manhunt 2 would have been the best selling game of the last gen.

#7 1 year ago
  8. The_Red

Another win for Platinum. DLC is one of the worst things that has happened to gaming.

Sure, it can be used for some good (Like additional challenge levels or somthing) but %99.99999999 of the time, publishers and devs use it to cut some gameplay and sell it as additional content (Say hi to EA / BioWare).

#8 1 year ago
  9. pcbros

I think DLC is so over used. I can’t help feel that a lot of publishers create games and hold back on content with the purpose of later releasing it as DLC.

Good to see this kind of attitude!

#9 1 year ago