Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina isn’t the game’s last DLC, more to come says Pitchford

Monday, 8th July 2013 16:33 GMT By Dave Cook

Borderlands 2′s latest DLC pack Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep is not the game’s last piece of add-on content, Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford has said.

Speaking on the Nerdist podcast, Pitchford said, “We did a season pass for Borderlands 2, and the season pass was like, ‘hey if you buy the season pass we would be doing four campaign add-ons and you can buy all four of them for the price of three, if you buy upfront’.

“So everyone was under the expectations that those would be the four DLC’s and that’s it. We are going to do more, we are going to do some other things. I don’t have details exactly of it yet cause were not ready to announce what the other things are, but when the next campaign DLC comes Assault On Dragon Keep not being the end of it.

“We got more stuff in the hopper that we’re planning and getting pretty excited about. So if your a Borderlands 2 fan you don’t have to be afraid that that’s the end of it.”

What would you like to see should a fifth Borderlands 2 DLC pack launch? Let us know below.

Thanks MP1st.

1. Aullah

I will not buy any other content for BL2 and im sure wont buy BL3. Thats it… fuck you gearbox. I preordered game and season pass because I thought I will have all the games content, but no, you need more money… fuck you!

Nah… I will buy BL3. When there will be a goty edition for 10 bucks.

#1 10 months ago
  2. freedoms_stain

@1, should have read the product description before handing over your cash.

A fool and his money.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Aullah

@2 They did not say they will make contents outside the season pass.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Quige

Personally I think I’ve had excellent value for money from Borderlands 2+Season pass. I’ve played 2 charactors through to level 50 solo, and one to level 50 just playing co-op with mates. That’s a lot of hours, and a per hour cost of mere pence I guess. And we’ve not even touched the recent DLC yet. As to the article, it will depend on when it comes out, what it is and how much, and whether my friends feel like playing it.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Quige

@3 They did not say they wouldn’t make content outside the season pass either. Hey, as you point out, you don’t have to buy it.

#5 10 months ago
  6. DSB

It just sucks that they outsource the production of the DLC. The ideas are usually pretty solid, but the execution is anything but.

#6 10 months ago
  7. TheWulf

It’s a shame that their games are never actually as good as the advertisements. I mean, the ads are engaging and entertaining, and fun to watch. Much like Wildstar, I suppose. Yet when you play the game it’s just this endless slog, and because I’m immune to operant conditioning, it just does nothing for me.

I think I spent about 20 minutes trying to find fun in Borderlands 2, then I put it away for what I thought would be forever. Then I tried again when the Mechromancer came out, I lasted about 30 minutes that time and then I just couldn’t take any more. So… probably one of my least played games. Well, except for maybe Borderlands 1.

I just wish they’d learn how to make engaging and fun games, rather than just engaging and fun ads.

#7 10 months ago
  8. OnionPowder

Actually didn’t they make DLC outside the season pass before the game was even out? The Mechromancer is not part of the season pass.

#8 10 months ago
  9. TheWulf

Yep. I’m actually glad I didn’t buy the season pass. I bought the game to see if I could enjoy it (I couldn’t), and not even the Mechromancer could fix it for me.

Love the ads, love the visuals, wish there was something to love about the game.

#9 10 months ago
  10. Clupula

I’m still just waiting for a GOTY edition.

#10 10 months ago
  11. TheWulf

Eh. It’s a waste of money unless operant conditioning works for you. There’s really nothing to it. It’s just gun, gun+, gun+++, gun++++ and so on. It isn’t even as sidegrade-y as the original, and the original wasn’t that sidegrade-y to begin with.

And their idea of ‘difficulty’ is bullet sponges. Hooray.

#11 10 months ago
  12. mreko3230

Didn’t buy the season pass and I’ve purchased every piece of DLC content for BL2. Sorry, can’t drum up one reason, real or imaginary, that would keep me from enjoying more content from a game I’m having fun with. If you bought the season pass you still saved money. I don’t see how people can be upset by more game content that you DON’T have to buy and has nothing to do with the main story campaign! The Tina DLC had more content than a lot of games that cost $60.

#12 10 months ago
  13. Clupula

@11 – No, I’m not new to the Borderlands franchise. I loved part one. One of the few first person shooters I actually had fun with. I’m just not willing to pay $120 to get the full version of the game.

#13 10 months ago
  14. fearmonkey

I’m loving the Tina Tina DLC, I’m not crazy about the duke of Orcs but in most cases I have been able to run away if I need to. I don’t mind new DLC as long as it’s good. I feel I got my money’s worth on the Season’s pass, especially since I paid under $10 for it onsale.

#14 10 months ago
  15. mreko3230

@13 $60 gets you the “full version of the game”. The add-ons are just that. Its not like they took away major plot points or left out chapters to the game and added to DLC. If you never knew the DLC existed, the $60 game would satisfy you (assuming you like the Borderlands experience to begin with).

#15 10 months ago
  16. CyberMarco

Nice, milk the shit out of it!!!

Well, I have plenty of games on my backlog until the GoTY edition is released, just make sure to include every add-on or else no money from me.

#16 10 months ago
  17. OnionPowder

@15 I played the base game alone and felt like I got a $60 experience out of it definitely. I went through one playthrough solo and got over 30 hours out of it. I only paid $40 for it as well, so I definitely got my moneys worth. People bitching about Devs adding more content to a game that people obviously want confuses me to no end.

#17 10 months ago
  18. DeVitowned

Bet the GOTY won’t include all of the content.

#18 10 months ago
  19. silkvg247

I got the season pass for 5 quid, really can’t complain. I’ve now got 90 hours gameplay.

After playing Tiny Tina’s Assault – which was frankly hilariously awesome from start to end, I can honestly say I welcome more DLC with open arms.. which is a big thing coming from me, I’m normally a nay sayer of all DLC.

Pay more money for more content? In this case, not seeing the problem. The base game itself has over 60 hours game play. When it’s a case of omg you like our 10 hour campaign here pay £20 for another 5 hours? I’m like.. no.

#19 10 months ago
  20. Eddie Rodrigues

DLCs are optional people, you are not required to buy.

#20 10 months ago
  21. silkvg247

@20 the only issue is when they release DLC, charging for what should have been part of the original game. Thankfully with gearbox that ain’t the case.

#21 10 months ago
  22. Tavarish

And they say CoD’s are milking fuck out of franchise with all that DLC :D Activision needs to take page from Gearboxes DLC milking playbook.

#22 10 months ago
  23. silkvg247

@22 Don’t they charge full price for each “new” cod game? Not really the same..

#23 10 months ago
  24. EZXPSnazzyPanic

#1 Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software, today defended the fact that the latest “Borderlands 2” playable character class DLC isn’t offered as part of the game’s Season Pass. On May 15, Pitchford responded to fan complaints on Twitter regarding Krieg’s omission from the Season Pass. Since the “Borderlands 2” Season Pass was first announced, the offer stated that the pass would entitle fans to four story DLC add-ons. Randy Pitchford equated expecting to receive more than that with the following analogy, “It’s like asking: ‘I bought a coupon for four happy meals, but now that you offer a new salad, why don’t I get that too?’”

So yeah why are you complaining? More optional content key word there being optional, they don’t work there asses off for free you know? and as to a general response to people saying they are milking the franchise, would you rather they just let it go away after a game? seriously f*cking morons they are doing the smart thing keep people on the game getting more content out for a loyal fanbase Is what we want! when they make another it will be better for it.

#24 10 months ago
  25. Solist

@13 $120 is the “full game”…?!

When I read comments like this all I see is whiny/entitled blather. Common sense, logic and reason are sorely lacking in droves from newer generations of gamers.

The comments here are like a bad accident, you try not to look but do anyway.

I feel dumber with each visit.

#25 10 months ago