PSN maintenance scheduled for June 25

Monday, 24th June 2013 18:05 GMT By Debabrata Nath

PlayStation Network will undergo scheduled maintenance tomorrow, Tuesday June 25.

Sony has revealed that the ”routine” maintenance will kick off from 5.30pm BST/6.30pm CET and will be completed around midnight BST/1.00am CET,

Services including PlayStation Store, PlayStation Home and Account management will be unavailable during the maintenance.

Online play and access to apps will be functional given the users have signed in prior to the start of the maintenance period.

1. CyberMarco

“Online play and access to apps will be functional given the users have signed in prior to the start of the maintenance period”

Can someone please explain this to me. Do you have to be online just before the network goes down (00:59 CET) to be able to play online, or can I simply log-in now and I’ll be able to play even when the network will be under maintenance?

#1 10 months ago
  2. Debabrata Nath

You can simply log-in now and you’ll be able to play. Just make sure you do NOT log-out until the maintenance period is over. If you log out once it starts, you won’t be able to log back in. Hope that clears things out.

#2 10 months ago
  3. ps3fanboy

i will not worry so much about this, it will be back a bit later anyway. but i guess the xbots are celebrating now, they usually does when the psn is down for a maintenance.

#3 10 months ago
  4. MCTJim

Looks like the pay to play update to the system.

@3 really? celebrate what? PSN is down? I say who cares if its down.

#4 10 months ago
  5. CyberMarco

@2 – Thanks for making it clear! :)

@4 – “Looks like the pay to play update to the system.”

What!?

#5 10 months ago
  6. MCTJim

@5 figured I just be obnoxious under the previous poster…just poking fun at him

I know what the update is for: http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/19/ps-plus-july-update-adds-free-battlefield-3-payday-more/

#6 10 months ago
  7. Lengendaryboss

@Cyber
    Paying the price for having free online by having monthly maintenance.
    Edit: oh just being obnoxious.

#7 10 months ago
  8. CyberMarco

I don’t think it’s due to PS+. I find it ridiculous that they make “scheduled” maintenance during what I feel like might be some of the most traffic heavy hours of the day for online play? Couldn’t they schedule it from midnight to dawn or something?

#8 10 months ago
  9. MCTJim

@7 I guess if you say so

#9 10 months ago
  10. ps3fanboy

@6 MCTJim, you call that obnoxious??, LOL!… even a 5 year old school girl would have done it better.

#10 10 months ago
  11. MCTJim

it was poking fun dude..nothing more. I dont blaST anyone one this site like some people do…I figure it would just be fun.

#11 10 months ago
  12. Lengendaryboss

Should I be concerned that you know that? Nah it can’t be that major: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5a03neMnu1qbxnzho1_500.gif

#12 10 months ago