Sega teases extremely niche-looking Project 575

Friday, 21st June 2013 02:32 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Sega has issued a teaser video for something called Project 575. We refuse to get too excited as it looks suspiciously like a vocaloid game, but you can watch the Japanese-language video below.

There’s also a teaser website you can scour for further clues if you literally have nothing else to do today.

Thanks, Siliconera.

1. yeoung

Day one

#1 1 year ago
  2. Metroid455

whats wrong with vocaloid VG247? Hmm? you sound openly hostile toward this, not very professional me thinks.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Brenna Hillier

@2 You’re making a false inference. Personally I quite like vocaloid games. But 99% of visitors to this website will not care a bean and it’s extremely unlikely to make it outside of Japan.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Metroid455

@3 ah well in that case my apologies (^-^)
    I grow weary of hearing people bash Japanese games simply for being Japanese.

#4 1 year ago
  5. salarta

“We refuse to get too excited”

This just in, Brenna has been possessed by many demons, murdered the rest of the VG247 staff and taken over the site. SHE ARE LEGION.

Yeah, it’s guaranteed to be some kind of music game. It’ll probably be a mobile phone or browser game too. I don’t expect anything worthwhile out of Sega anymore. They were on a perfect path for a comeback with games like Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles and Hyperdimension Neptunia, then decided to abandon such a bright new future to pursue the short-sighted mobile phone and browser game market.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Brenna Hillier

@5 technically, I’m always supposed to use “we” except when I’m using “I” for rhetorical impact, but I usually forget.

#6 1 year ago
  7. salarta

@6: Yeah, I’m teasing. :) The rules of journalism and business correspondence seem silly to me sometimes.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Ireland Michael

@2 How dare a journalist have a stance or opinion on something.

FOR SHAME!!

#8 1 year ago
  9. dizzygear

@5 “and Hyperdimension Neptunia”

Thats made by Idea Factory. i Also think its the biggest piece of shit i ever played.

But yeah this is prolly some mobile game. Or a card based browser game…

#9 1 year ago
  10. salarta

@9: Sega was involved in the first game of the franchise, which is also why Neptune is the main character and has allusions to Sega properties.

It sounds like you only played the first game, which I can understand not liking. The basic concept was excellent, the story was okay, and the battle system was subpar for that installment. mk2 was an improvement by leaps and bounds in all categories. I haven’t played Neptunia V yet, it’s sitting here waiting to be played, but I can at least tell you that the music is much improved and very kickass over the old ones; Neptunia V’s music is by Earthbound Papas, Nobuo Uematsu’s band.

#10 1 year ago