Thief has received a plethora of new information thanks to its recent closed door E3 showing.
An Eidos Montreal community manager who got the chance to get his hands on the pre-alpha build of the game has posted a handy Q&A which reveals quiet a bit of new information about the game.
The more important ones include the confirmation that health and focus won’t auto-regenerate and you’ll need to depend on consumables to restore them. Other details include the following –
- You will be able to toggle pieces of the HUD
- Dog will be present in the game.
- Lockpicking will change depending on whether or not you use focus. Garret will be able to steal anywhere in the gameworld.
- The game will support both a mini-map and a full map.
- You can finish a complete playthrough using only stealth. Guards line-of-sight will depend on where they’re facing, meaning if two guards are standing face-to-face to each other than their vision will be blocked behind the other.
- Focus will play a key role in the game. For example using it while lockpicking will enable Garret to see the inside as opposed to just seeing outside.
- Garret can use a climbing tool called the ‘claw’ to reach higher places which are otherwise inaccessible, and also save himself while falling down.
You can go through the full Q&A over here. Thief 4 releases on PS4, Xbox One and PC sometime in 2014.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.