E3 2014 dated as this year sees 48,000-plus in attendance

Friday, 14th June 2013 10:54 GMT By Dave Cook

E3 2014 has been dated, along with news that this year’s show enjoyed the highest attendee numbers since the ESA re-structured the show in 2009.

MCV reports that 48,200 journalists, PR, publishers, developers and other industry pros attended E3 2013 this week. Attendees flocked from over 120 countries to see the games and products of some 230 exhibitors.

The ESA has confirmed that E3 2014 will take place June 10-June 12th next year at the LA Convention Center. The group’s president and CEO Michael D Gallagher has said in a statement,
“This year’s E3 showcased the best that our industry has to offer and channelled the immense energy, drive and enthusiasm for video games onto a global stage.

“Thanks to our members and exhibitors’ boundless capacity for innovation, billions of consumers are seeing the future of our industry through this outstanding landscape of creativity, technology and content.”

What did you think of this year’s show? How did it compare to previous years? Let us know below.

1. Lengendaryboss

So E3 Is still relevant?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Samoan Spider

@1 Yeah, each year we’re told it isn’t relevant any more, yet tons of people won’t shut up about it :D

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

@1 & 2 who’s being saying that? Some dick no doubt?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Lengendaryboss

@Dave
    Personally i don’t believe it, but it has been a topic on VG247.

#4 1 year ago
  5. The Dude

@3 Pretty sure it was Patrick Garratt… XD

#5 1 year ago
  6. monkeygourmet

Dave, your turning into one of us! :)

Choice language there my good man!

#6 1 year ago
  7. Samoan Spider

@Dave Also I have to stress I don’t believe it either. E3 is the highlight of the game/system marketing year for me. But I’m pretty sure almost every site I check has run a feature on ‘is E3 losing its relevance?’

#7 1 year ago
  8. Dave Cook

@4 !!! *runs to the border*

@6 Hey man I’ve always been one of you, a born gamer :) My passion and big mouth have gotten me into trouble often, but I just can’t stay silent whenever a company or publisher does something to fuck me off. Remember my Walking Dead: Survival Instinct piece? :P

Probably should tone that down though…

#8 1 year ago
  9. monkeygourmet

Keep up the good work says I! :)

#9 1 year ago
  10. Kieran

E3 must bring in a shit load of profit to be hosted every year and for good reason it is an event that would love to attend myself included

#10 1 year ago