Tue, Jun 11, 2013 | 21:50 BST
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade announced for 2015
Behaviour Interactive and Games Workshop have announced Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade.
The game is slated for PC, PS4 and Xbox One and takes place during the 41st Millennium.
In the game, players choose a Warhammer 40,000 race and fight directly as one of their warriors in massive conflicts for territory. It will be up to each faction’s community to determine their own destiny as they vie for control of an entire planet.
“I am thrilled to announce what will finally be the first MMORPG based on the Warhammer 40,000 license,” said Miguel Caron at Behaviour Interactive. “Eternal Crusade’s team are all MMO development veterans and with the support of Behaviour’s 20+ years of experience this is going to be the online Warhammer 40,000 universe game that fans have been dreaming of for years.”
Warhammer 40,000: Eternal Crusade will release in late 2015 and will contain the following features:
- Experience the gameworld with 3rd-person, behind the shoulder action featuring precision gunplay and brutal melee combat with excruciating finishers;
- Participate in a persistent online war to conquer the planet, its fate completely in the hands of the players;
- Become a warrior from one of four initial factions, each unique and opposed to one another: Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines, Orks and Eldar.
- Participate in truly massive conflicts that simultaneously bring thousands of players to bear over territories and other strategic resources.
- Get behind the controls of Space Marine Rhinos, Predators, Ork Battlewagons and other iconic vehicles of the 41st millennium;
- Hack through genuinely challenging procedural content alongside your battle-brothers and never have the same experience twice;
- Earn the right to customize your builds in a deep progression system drawing on the rich Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Found a Battle Squad with friends and prepare for conflict from your customized shared space in orbit – then drop down to the planet together and seek out glory.
Behaviour Interactive are the developers behind Naughty Bear: Panic in Paradise, Halo: Waypoint, Rango, and Mafia Wars: London among others.