Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 hits Europe February 2014, new trailer inside

Thursday, 6th June 2013 11:13 GMT By Dave Cook

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 will release across Europe in February 2014, and the RPG has also received a new trailer courtesy of Square-Enix to mark the announcement.

Square tweeted that the game will release February 14, 2014 on PS3 and Xbox 360 across Europe.

Here’s the clip, and we’ve got two new screens below:

1. KAP

smh

#1 11 months ago
  2. hives

I wonder if combat system will be similar to this from Xenoblade Chronicles. Looks like it.

Well, I will play it probably, but hell, I want new setting in FF. I want fantasy or fantasy/steampunk. I want the end of this “Nova Crystalis Blablabla Something” setting… :<

Wonder if we will ever see "less modern/futuristic" Final Fantasy.

#2 11 months ago
  3. marijn1979

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was the first main series game since part IV that I didn’t finish (besides XI en XIV, obviously), breaking a ten game streak (IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII and XIII). I’m not even going to buy this one. Way to go Square Enix.

#3 11 months ago
  4. machy

another reason to keep my ps3 .. and I can see another FF being release this holidays season along side the ps4

I <3 FF13 and I find 13-2 kinda good I hope this one to be as good as the 1st one

#4 11 months ago
  5. Tearsir

I want this one.

#5 11 months ago
  6. CyberMarco

hm… seeing that Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 will be released in 2014 for PS3, I’m wondering what will happen with Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Maybe it’s the new PS4 FF game that Square announced back in February.

#6 11 months ago
  7. Darth-Bader

Hmmm. I guess they couldn’t get it ready for the fall season? Or maybe trying to avoid the ps4/xbox one launch? Strange not having a Final fantasy to play this year..unless you count XIV.

Also, the gameplay graphics are amazing in that trailer.

#7 11 months ago
  8. Gnosis

@3 It was my first one ever all incl. Ivalice Aliance, Crystal Chronicles and VII compilation. I’m used to an insane amount of shit from SE, but XIII-2 just murdered it for me. I couldn’t care less about Serah. I didn’t care about her in XIII either and since this game is based around her again, I’m absolutely not interested in buying it.

#8 11 months ago
  9. OmegaSlayer

OK.
    This is bad Shepard. Really bad.
    Like Army of Two bad.

Can’t believe Square reached such a low. :(

#9 11 months ago
  10. marijn1979

@8 I agree with you of course, but technically, I think this new game is focused more on Lightning than on Serah.

#10 11 months ago
  11. AsianGameing

OMG Lightning again who wtf care……,give us new gameeeeee

#11 11 months ago
  12. Francis O

I’ll be honest, I was interested in this game….but after watching the X trailer. I’m not interested in this at all.

Xenoblade 2, or X bitch slaps Lighting Returns FF 13