Remember Me gets new story trailer, concept art

Friday, 17th May 2013 12:34 GMT By Dave Cook

Remember Me has received a snazzy new story trailer courtesy of developer Dontnod Entertainment, along with new pieces of concept.

The clip was posted on PS Blog EU this afternoon, and shows Nilin and chums fighting the Memorize corporation.

Here’s the concept art:

1. smyli

tnx for post /// visit us http://gamestead.ir

#1 1 year ago
  2. marijn1979

“Why did our enemies eraze (sic) my memory? Am I really that dangerous? I can FEEL the power that scares them so.”

Too bad they haven’t improved the incredibly clunky dialogue and voice acting since the first reveal. How hard is it to hire a writer who’s also a native English speaker?

#2 1 year ago
  3. TheWulf

It’s crass to pick up on typos, really. To be honest, that just shows a more limited intellect. I know of some writers who absolutely refuse to be proofread, and their stuff is littered with typos whilst still being published. Their works are well loved and genuinely interesting.

Proof-reading can sometimes take away a sense of character from the person’s writing. Especially if that story is from the point of another person’s perspective (such as a retelling).

I think the most important thing is whether the story is good or not.

And I’ve become more and more intrigued by it over time. The Sensen thing (if you’d bothered to go through that) was enthralling, so I have the feeling that they have some very passionate writers on board.

Anyway, obsessing over typos in a story to me is much akin to making a fetish of graphical fidelity rather than aesthetic prowess. I’d post that perfection is never important, not even remotely, as no human is perfect — rather, I’d say that creativity is the most important thing. Is this an imaginative, evocative, exotic, engaging storyline? That’s what matters.

If a story can keep me on the edge of my seat, I don’t care about a few typos.

#3 1 year ago
  4. TheWulf

Also, I’m going to go as far as to call you for being churlish and intellectually dishonest. And if you’re going to make the claims you are, you’re going to have to back them up.

Why is the dialogue clunky? Why is the voice-acting worse than any other game?

Plenty of games have had some really bad voice-acting of late. Dragon Age has invariably had a cast of wooden voice actors; Jensen of Dues Ex didn’t exactly have the greatest dramatic range; and Bethesda games? Well… do I really, truly need to say anything about Bethesda games? So I’m genuinely intrigued to hear why this is worse than most games these days.

Do tell.

Frankly, I’m going to call you on it. I smell racism, plain and simple. You’re making the connection to Asia and assuming that because it’s Capcom it must sound like early Resident Evil games. You may want to do a little research into the matter, though, because your prejudices betray you.

See, Remember Me is being developed by Dontnod for a Western audience. But who are Dontnod? They’re a Parisian developer. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

(Yes, this kind of thing really gets under my skin, sometimes. I’m okay with valid reasons for disliking a game, but when something comes along within the mainstream that’s actually somewhat unique and stands out?)

#4 1 year ago
  5. Aprility

Думаю, будет интересно.
    Special for vk.com/vg247ru

#5 1 year ago
  6. YoungZer0

@3: You’re making a fool of yourself. All he said is that writing and voiceacting is bad and that they should hire a native speaker. That seems to be enough for you to accuse him of being a racist. You sound like one of those ridiculous writers you only encounter on tumblr that likes to blow things out of proportions.

He’s not the first person to complain about the dialog and the writing. Maybe he already knows that they are french? The fact that they seem to think that they don’t need to do that is nothing but ignorant. They need to hire a native speaker.

#6 1 year ago
  7. manamana

Who cares when you have Neo-Paris and that kind of art design and gorgeous style. I’m in.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Djoenz

Wait whats wrong with the dialogue or VA? Isnt tht sentence correct english then? I like this trailer and I like the VA’s so far, but dialogue whats wrong with it? English is not my native language but it seems fine to me.

#8 1 year ago