The Binding of Isaac has passed the two million sales mark

Friday, 19th April 2013 19:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Binding of Isaac has now passed the two million sales mark, according to the title’s creator Edmund McMillen. Divulged during an interview with Northernlion posted on YouTube, McMillen said the title’s success helped convince him to create The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, which comes with a rather large huge expansion along with two-player co-op. It’s out on PC, Vita, and PS3 sometime this year, and 3DS and Xbox 360 versions are currently being discussed. Thanks, D’toid.

1. The_Red

I know I’m gonna catch some flack for this but to me, Binding of Isaac is McMillen’s best work. Not saying that Super Meat Boy isn’t great. It’s just that, Isaac was something else. That music, that story / characters, those constant upgrades, those monsters… incredible.

2. Lengendaryboss

^ You can’t catch flack for personal opinion.

3. Sylrissa

@1 I actually agree with you, and I’m really looking forward to Rebirth

4. DSB

@2 So if I say Hitler was awesome and the holocaust was delightful, no one can say anything about it? Cool!

@1 I don’t know that you can really compare the two, but I’d say Super Meat Boy is the better game just for the precision and the care they put into the design. Isaac is quirky and entertaining, but it’s also completely random, and that’s not nearly as hard to do.

5. dotfaust

@1 I agree as well, Isaac just had so much replay value. Getting all the endings, slowly unlocking more content, and the random factor every time you play… Can’t wait for the expansion!