Lost Planet 3 has been delayed into August

Tuesday, 9th April 2013 16:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Lost Planet 3 has been delayed into August for “business reasons,” Capcom has announced. Originally slated for June 25 in North America and in Europe on June 28, it will now release on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on August 27 in North America and August 30 in Europe.

1. Djoenz

Ive never played a Lost Planet game ever, but seriously there is a third game coming out? Why is this the first time I heard of this lol. The first 2 were not perfect I heard.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Erthazus

First was ok
    Second was trash

and this one looks like trash too. Move on.

#2 1 year ago
  3. ps3fanboy

i found both first games ok… the games was a bit awkward in its control setup and because of its asian nature. but the second game had fun online co-op for 4 players. i think the third will be the best in the series…

#3 1 year ago
  4. polygem

@1: I LOVED the first one, played the shit out of this game, also online mp. postgrab mode: man i played that 247, my girlfriend hated the game. i was addicted to it :) it is actually one of my favourite games this gen. seriously. i mean it has some severe flaws and all but there´s something about it…it just clicked with me.
    that said, i was so pumped for LP2 (obviously), then it arrived and i couldn´t believe it, literally couldn´t believe it. they made a very mediocore coop game out of it. what a shame. the franchise has so much potential and after LP 1 i thought ok the game wasn´t without flaws but it has a great potential, they will look at what worked and scratch what didn´t, lp2 will become a true masterpiece of ol´capcom glory…well, they did the opposite and almost ruined the ip. now 3 is coming. i am not having any hopes for this but i would really like to be wrong.

@1: if you plan to play LP1 please pick up the 360 version it´s miles ahead. game is a bit dated by todays standards though.
    i am not saying this to offend ps3fanboy here ;) but i tried both versions and the 360 version is the better one.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Djoenz

I might buy it one day then. Lost Planet that is. Lost Planet 2 was actually one of THE games that I wanted to buy before I got my first PS3 lmao. I heard bad stuff about it so I focused on Dead Space and COD afterwards and totally forgot about this series.

Cheers for the info.

EDIT: damn I have no Xbox360 :(

#5 1 year ago
  6. polygem

the ps3 port really is messed up though. i wouldn´t recommend it. the engine for lp was designed with the 360 in mind. the ps3 version has some graphical issues, fire, smoke effects look strange and the framerate drops. i wouldn´t recommend it for ps3, in that case i´d rather not play it at all. seriously it felt like i was playing a different game, that version really is inferiour. i am no fanboy whatsoever, it´s just the truth, based on my experience. i believe you can find much more details about this with google, it´s not just my opinion.

i loved the controls for this game and i miss them for third person shooters. reload by pressing the right analog stick, doing a dodgeroll by pressing analog and a. quick turns with the bumper triggers. it was so much fun even with the clunky character movement.
    sorry ;) but it really is one of those games i fell in love with.

#6 1 year ago
  7. yeoung

LP2 was a great co-op experience. For players that skipped the first, but bought the second because of the co-op and giant insectoid bosses, LP2 was definitely awesome.

Awkward controls and that ridiculous sandjet battle aside, it was a good co-op centered game with very good production values.

#7 1 year ago
  8. polygem

@7: yes, that´s probably true. see, i couldn´t finish it. i played halfway through the game and then never came back shaking my head. it just dissappointed me so much, but then, yeah, i had HUGE expectations, i mean LP was one of if not THE new ip on the next gen consoles i had the highest hopes for. i thought it would become a great franchise. lp2 probably wasn´t a bad game but it certainly wasn´t that supergame i wanted it to be.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Espers

@1@2 they were awesome !! you should have played LP1 when it came out !! DX10 remember !! now it won’t look good to you !! I hate when people start judging !!! at least it was the first game whom you can play inside a Mech Warrior and actually ENJOY IT !!

and yeah it was a Japanese Game !! <== " ORIENTAL "

#9 1 year ago