Ragnarok Odyssey Ace to release in the west

Monday, 8th April 2013 15:48 GMT By Sherif Saed

RPG sequel Ragnarok Odyssey Ace will release for Vita in the west, GungHo Online’s confirmed.

The game is an update to last year’s Ragnarok Odyssey. It’s confirmed to include all the content and downloadable quests from the original, a new episode set after the ending, a new “Ace Skill” battle system and a randomly generated dungeon.

No specific release date has been given for the western launch. Ragnarok Odyessey Ace will release in Japan for Vita on July 11 as both a download and a retail game, priced at ¥3,900 and ¥4,935 respectively.

A PlayStation 3 version in also development. No release date or price has been mentioned.

Via Gematsu.

1. polygem

ha, just opened my copy today. would’ve prefered to get da ace version instead of course but never mind. fun little game.

2. lexph3re

Buying it…lol

3. polygem

lex, any idea what that “Ace Skill” battle system could be? do you think it will be new moves, new combos, a new class or even an improved battle system for the whole game? i don´t get it…

4. lexph3re

Honestly, I havent the slightest idea. But, adding more features to this game can only make it better in my opinion. It has the winning formula of any new game to me, and only needs time to get better.

I hope it’s good I have high hopes for this Franchise and only want to see it grow.

5. polygem

lol, ace skill battle system sounds interesting, i really wonder what that could be. i just started playing it today and cleared the first chapter. i really like it. it´s fun and pretty addictive. i didn´t play for an hour or two now and i already crave picking it up again, having the games tunes in my head. if that´s happening you know you are hooked to a game.

6. lexph3re

Yup, it’s why I suggest it to a group of my friends. Would you believe one of them Platinumed the game! I was a little down considering I pumped it up to them XD. But, the game is even more fun with a group th enemies get bigger the bosses get bigger and the mission get more chaotic.

My friend and I just went through killing 102 Ice Giant Chiefs and Fire Giants Chiefs. There were literally like 8-15 on the board at a time I was like “HORY RHIT!”

And then this other boss was 5 super jumps high….. FIVE SUPER JUMPS HIGH!

7. polygem

@lex: thanks again for encouraging me to pick it up. game really is a lot of fun. i finished chapter 3 now and it is picking up the pace a bit now. tuly addicted to the game already. the negative reviews miss the point most of the time imo. they forget that this game was designed for a handheld. sure it can be repetitive at times, sure it´s not as deep as monster hunter, in fact it´s not even close, but that´s totally ok and that doesn´t make it a bad game. it´s easy to pick up and play and it is deep enough to keep you motivated. to me that´s good gamedesign (remember: handheld). let me say this again: game is a lot of fun. really glad i picked it up.