Fri, Apr 05, 2013 | 21:27 BST
Raven’s Cry releasing on PC, 360 in October to fulfill your vengeful pirate needs
For those who like pirate games, you are in luck, because Octane Games’ Raven’s Cry has popped back up on the radar.
The action-adventure game set in the Caribbean, tells the tale of Christopher Raven who is out to track down the men who murdered his family so he can kill them. Events in the game are interwoven into the narrative with 17th century historical occurrences, and promises to be rife with “treachery and adventure”.
Moreover, the game also promises “historically accurate architecture” and the ability to traverse the unsavory pirate holdfast of Port Royal, the city of Havana, and an Aztec City deep in the jungles of the Spanish Main.
Here’s a list of the game’s features:
- Action adventure set in a dark re-imagining of the pirate-plagued Caribbean.
- Engage in fiercely tactical melee combat with an historical, authentic pirate-hunting arsenal.
- Player choice will have grave consequences on the outcome of the story- will you become a righteous seeker of renegade justice, or a conscienceless man whose ends justify his means?
- Utilize special combat abilities like Fear Power and cursed Voodoo Charms to overcome and dominate your foes.
- Challenge a memorable cast of villains to brutal, heart-pounding duels to the death as you seek your vengeance.
Expect Raven’s Cry to land on PC and Xbox 360 on my mother’s birthday. Or, October 24, if you prefer.