Arc System Works wants to make a new fighting game for PS4

Friday, 5th April 2013 17:34 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Arc System Works is planning a new fighting game for PS4. This is according to a Shoryuken translation of a Dengeki interview with BlazBlue producer Toshimichi Mori and reported by Joystiq. Shew. Here’s the quote: “We can’t give you a definite title yet, but we want to make one. We started creating BlazBlue around the time of the PS3 release, so we want to make a game for PS4 when the system releases. Creating new things at the turning point of time is who Arc System Works is, so we would like to take it on,” said Mori. There’s some hope for fans, then.

1. The_Red

Nice. BlazBlue was one of the most best and most important fighting games in decades thanks to complete variety of its fighters as well as its complete story mode.

BB and MK9 have set a new bar in terms of story mode and content volume. Sadly, Capcom will just release another bare bones fighter and will be showered by the most praise instead of those 2 gems.

#1 1 year ago
  2. redwood

SF is overRated.. bb was gooooood.. so was gg

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

I would be excited for this if I was 100% sure it wasn’t just going to have endless revisions of the same game, like what they did with BlazBlue, where they pretty much screwed their fanbase on Continuum Shift II. I never thought it’d be possible, but they, indeed, managed to out-Capcom Capcom.

#3 1 year ago
  4. xino

what’s the point?
    same 2D cliche.

blazblue a storymode? so you call reading text with character pictures and bubble frames story mode?

these people should get OUT of the fighting game business and let Ed Boon Netherealm Studios handle the fighting game business.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Clupula

I’ll put them down for milking a franchise way more than it should be, but I will not take away their ability to craft awesome feeling and looking 2D gameplay. Plus, their story mode is way better than anything Capcom has done in their fighting games, although I will agree that it doesn’t hold a candle to what Netherrealm do in their games.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Mike W

BB was definitely a hidden gem

#6 1 year ago
  7. salarta

I’m not too excited because I’m selfishly annoyed with Arc System Works for refusing to make Kokonoe playable while rushing to make just about all other characters, especially Platinum (the only character I’ve ever truly hated), into playable characters. I basically lost all personal desire I had to play the series anymore once they announced Phantasma with three random ass new characters they pulled out of nowhere as their preference over giving Kokonoe a shot.

Objectively, I’m sure the series is still as good as it was when I played the first game, but subjectively I’m put off about their projects.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Rosseu

Agree with #5. Unless they can do something different and utilize the PS4′s power

#8 1 year ago