Thief announcement trailer breaks cover

Tuesday, 2nd April 2013 00:21 GMT By Brenna Hillier

That’s a stealth pun, see, because the first Thief trailer wasn’t supposed to arrive for a few more hours – but lo and behold, the Internet provides.

Expect Square Enix to squash this as soon as it wakes up from its public holiday torpor, which will probably be about three minutes before the trailer’s official launch.

The Eidos Montreal stealth-’em-up is due on PC, PlayStation 4 and some other undisclosed next-generation system (for goodness’s sake Microsoft will you just announce it already) in 2014.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. TMRNetShark

They are totally ripping off Dishonored…

/end ignorant comment

Now that that is out of the way, no one better say it. I hope the gameplay is good though! I love me some stealth games. :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dark

PC, PS4 and “other next generation consoles”

Dreamcast 2? :P

#2 1 year ago
  3. Erthazus

“They are totally ripping off Dishonored…”

Dishonored is the one who Ripped Off the Thief setting. In fact, some of the original devs from Dishonored worked on previous Thief games.

Now, new gen of gamers will think that dishonored devs created a new universe.

#3 1 year ago
  4. ojinnvoltz

No Stephen Russell. bummer. New Garrett sounds like Jason Statham trying to do an american accent.

#4 1 year ago
  5. TMRNetShark

@3 Sarcasm never seems to get past you now, eh?

#5 1 year ago
  6. apollyonbob

@4 I know. This is the real “oh man they shouldn’t have changed that” element to Garrett. His voice was the biggest piece of his character.

I would be surprised if all the people bitching about his mask or “goth” crap would even notice.

Ah well. Nostalgia only goes so far.

It’s bizarre to me why, with a game like this, you wouldn’t just get the original actor? I mean, he still does work (he was, funny enough, the Thief Guildmaster in Skyrim) and I mean, he can’t be that expensive. And all the old fans would’ve loved it.

It’s weird.

#6 1 year ago
  7. silverstorm

Is that some real gameplay in there?

#7 1 year ago
  8. Nerdgazm

Square uploaded to official youtube channel.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Telepathic.Geometry

I liked what I saw. I couldn’t listen mind you because I’m at work. Still, bring it on! ^-^

#9 1 year ago
  10. OmegaSlayer

@2 I wonder…which gen is the WiiU for developers?

#10 1 year ago
  11. Brenna Hillier

@10 current-gen. On par with PS3 and Xbox 360.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Gheritt White

Well, I’m pretty hyped – def got me more excited than Dishonored did.

#12 1 year ago
  13. YoungZer0

@12: Yep, same here. It’s bitter that we lost his old voice, but it’s a reboot. And I feel that the old voice wouldn’t fit this younger looking Garrett.

The trailer was damn fine. Garrett looks cool and I love how he snatches the Logo.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Djoenz

Eidos are making interesting games lately. How many IP’s does this studio have? Just wow:

Hitman (never played any of the series)
    Deus Ex (only played Human Revolution never finished it)
    Tomb Raider (only played 2013 and loved it)
    Kane & Lynch (meh never finished it)

These are the only ones I know. Thief seems very interesting.

#14 1 year ago
  15. xino

lol..he stole his own name:)

#15 1 year ago
  16. Gheritt White

@14: You missed Sleeping Dogs off that list.

#16 1 year ago
  17. RocknRolla

Aah the jizz in my pants! I love these type of games :D I want this to be really hard to complete, todays games are too damn easy.. or is it me that is so good :D Assassins creed vibe, but looks good :D Nightingale vibe :D

#17 1 year ago