Vita has over 100 titles coming in 2013

Friday, 22nd March 2013 16:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Over 100 titles will be released on Vita in 2013, Sony’s Don Mesa has said.

Speaking with IGN, PlayStation’s director of product panning and platform software innovation also revealed that one third of Vita titles sold were through PSN.

“I know there’s been a lot of noise about Vita recently,” Mesa said. “There were some negative impressions and so forth. One thing we haven’t had the opportunity to do is talk about how our Vita owners are feeling about the platform. It’s a good gut check for all of us, to know what’s happening now.”

According to Mesa, a survey conducted with Vita users found that 86% were satisfied with the handheld, and 90% use the system “on a regular basis” once a week or more.

Vita owner were also found to spend 18.7 hours a week on it.

While already announced titles for Vita such as Hotline Miami, Thomas Was Alone, Lone Survivor, and Frozen Synapse were name dropped by Mesa in the interview, “bigger” titles are also on the docket – including The Walking Dead.

Sony Worldwide Studios are also working on titles for the handheld which are “interesting and innovative,” and can’t be discusses at present.

1. matirishhh

I never doubted in that system :] even if only 10% of those games is Very good I will be very happy! That would be a very good ratio: One great game every month. If there is more, I’ll be even happier!

2. Dragon246

@Steph,
    You may also want to add that 1/3 of vita game sales are digital, a very important number. Shows retail figures dont show the correct picture for vita games.
    “As such, Mesa jumped into the numbers. For starters, a third of all Vita games sold are sold digitally through the PlayStation Network, an impressive number.”

3. monkeygourmet

You have such a weird boner for Sony and especially the Vita.

4. Kaufer

Is Ducktales among them? No? Forget it. /jk
    But seriously i wish it were so.

5. monkeygourmet

Also, how many of these are:

Ports, HD remasters or PSN games?

Kind of matters really.

At the moment my Vita is mainly being used to play old PS1 & PSP games I missed.

Games I would like to see are:

Demons Souls 2
    Dragons Dogma (port would be okay by me)
    Diablo 3
    Odin Sphere 2
    Dino Crisis Vita
    Journey
    Castlevania DS collection or a new title

6. monkeygourmet

One of my favourite games ever! :D

Amazing soundtrack

7. Goffee

Most of them are indie games judging by the ratio of indie-to-big-dev Vita news stories (running about 12-1 at a rough count). As long as they’re good indie games, I’ll be quite happy with them and the odd biggie, remake or otherwise.

8. Lengendaryboss

Talk is cheap Sony (And other publishers) while i admit Sony has announced some Games for PS Vita which is what people want. They have got PlayStation exclusive HD port of Final Fantasy and Dragon Crown and Port of Epic Mickey Two. The only problem with those titles is that none are exclusive to PS Vita or is a port. We need more New IP as system sellers like Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway and Gravity Rush and established system sellers like Killzone Mercenary. The exclusives is what will plunge people towards PS Vita alongside a marketing campaign.

9. Rocketbilly

I am playing my Vita a lot, and honestly if Sony would fully implement the PSN then I would not care about new Vita releases. If I could play every great PS1, PSP, PSN, and maybe even PS2 title on my Vita, then it would be an amazing gaming machine I would never put down.

But I’m just a single consumer, and the thing that really matters as far as handheld system sellers goes, is whether or not there are any major franchises that are unique to the Vita. Nintendo has Pokemon as a huge system selling series with every major release exclusive to their handheld systems.

As much as I love cross-buy and cross-play, Sony needs more than Vita versions of major titles, they need major recognizable mainstream titles that are available only on the Vita. Soul Sacrifice seems like a good choice, and to be honest the Vita could be a very comfortable home to many major JRPG franchises if devs are worried about increased costs on the PS4 and Durango.

10. Erthazus

Portstation Vita is going to have 100 additional ports.

@2, He has a huge boner over Sony in general. Leave him alone.

11. OlderGamer

I agree with Goffee, not that having indies is a bad thing. It is great, but if people think the system is getting 100 AAA games, they are going to be disapointed. I think those days are numbered anyways.

Huge big brand name franchise AAA games, and less of them. Standing tall in a pool of small budget indie games sounds about right fo rthe next gen. And thos indie games will be on everything from your cell phone to your xb to you PC. In truth those trip A games will prolly also be on everything.

12. spoffle

@3 you say that as if it invalidates his point. It doesn’t. The vast majority of my PS Vita games are digital versions. It’s like the same situation as when people go “herp derp, the Vita has no games” whilst only looking at boxed copies of games.

There’s plenty of interesting games on the Vita and a good portion of them are available only through the PS Store.

@10 No one can rival the boner you’ve got for your lackluster PC.

13. polygem

just let one of those hundred games be a big budget medievil game and i am a happy vita gamer.

14. Lengendaryboss

@3/10/12 People please give it rest, it doesn’t matter at least they all enjoy their sources of where they get their boner from :)

15. Dragon246

#5

monkeygourmet
    21/03/13, 11:09 pm

Wii : Awesome sales, everyone hates it : people miss out on some amazing games…

Wii U : Shit Sales (Devils Advocate), everyone hates it : people miss out on awesome games…

Nintendo pretty much = cutting off your nose to spite your face…

So many assholes… : /

I don’t roam around claiming people are assholes for not liking my choice. Same old same old.

@12,14
    Ignoring these people is for the best. Vita digital sales are very good, I have been saying that for months now based on facts.
    @12,
    So true :D

16. monkeygourmet

Man, you love trawling don’t you, it’s becoming quite a little habit.

My previous post (if you really want to bring it up) stands. I’m happy to call someone an asshole who denies him/herself of something good out of petty stubbornness or brand loyalty.

Games not systems WOE246, remember to repeat the mantra.

Of course, but it’s getting on the level of spam. Just constant adverts and pro Sony news.

Pat should give him a job and change the site name to PS247

17. Gekidami

^ http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/its-a-conspiracy.jpg

18. Dragon246

@17,
    So true!

19. deathm00n

@16 “Games not systems”. Suddenly you realize that this news is about vita getting a lot of games.

20. Dragon246

@deathmoon,
    I agree. Just look above #15 to see how he changes colours when Ninty is in question.
    Pretty much derailed a thread about vita getting a shit-ton of games just because WiiU is not getting any games, not even ports.

21. monkeygourmet

@Gek

If you can sit there and confidentially say the gaming landscape hasn’t changed and will continue to change in the future because of increased advertising and companies like EA and Activision fucking with things then knock yourself out…

My views regarding those subjects are hardly controversial or that ‘out there’. Hardly a day goes by that VG247 and loads of other gaming sites run articles surrounding companies like EA and Activision fucking with things.

If your talking about Kinect 2.0, then you can happily prove me wrong when MS announces how it works with the 720.

22. Greek God

wii u is a huge fail atleast Vita IS getting some games lol

23. monkeygourmet

The article doesn’t actually mention ANY specifics. Needless to say, I was happy to re-purchase the Vita, it’s starting to pick up steam although I have mainly got one for Soul Sacrifice.

24. polygem

@monkeyG. give it up,the sonydrones have taken over here big time. i am serious. its sad. i am actually really disappointed that the vg247 crew did not take a stand but what can you do? i really just try to ignore them now mostly. i also feel truly sorry for them.

25. lexph3re

Lol wut? Sony drones and conspiracies because people are talking about related news? Huh?lol I’m going back to work that’s just to rich

26. zinc

@Poly, Don’t be like that, come join the pod people :-P

27. monkeygourmet

I know, I know… :/

To be honest, the annoying Sony fans were the reason I first started commenting…

To try and cut through some of ‘TEH CELL, PS Cool factor etc etc…’ bullshit that they constantly spout.

It’s never going to end though, once you cut one head off, two more grow in it’s place…

Sad really,

On another note ironically:

whats your PSN? Mines ‘monkeygourmet’ same as Wii U, please add to your Vita when you get a chance.

Im playing Gravity Rush at the moment, but would love to try some Soul Sacrifice multiplayer if your planning on getting it?

28. monkeygourmet

After I failed to control myself trying to do nothing while Dragon trys to award himself ‘browny points’ again, my comment was:

“Also, how many of these are:

Ports, HD remasters or PSN games?

Kind of matters really.

Games I would like to see are:

Demons Souls 2
    Dragons Dogma (port would be okay by me)
    Diablo 3
    Odin Sphere 2
    Dino Crisis Vita
    Journey
    Castlevania DS collection or a new title”

How the f**k is this not to do with the article or in anyway derailing?!

Firstly I bring up a good point: The article doesn’t contain any details, it’s heresay until more info is given.

Secondly, I listed games I would like to play on the Vita, who could have a problem with that?

Or, is it just another example of Sony fans being touchy/paranoid or both?

29. Dragon246

@lex
    These people just cant hear good Vita news.

“i really just try to ignore them now mostly.”
    Yet drops everyday with Sony drone dialogue. Ironic…
    “After I failed to control myself trying to do nothing ”
    See #3. Completely unprovoked. Is it ninty fans being paranoid?

30. lexph3re

Well for one all dragon did was post about the digital figures of vita. And you said he had a boner, odd thing to say in my honest opinion. but I also didn’t say you weren’t contributing to the relating post with your post.

But, overwhelming sonydrones thing? Why is that even a thought in a thread(s) based about sony articles? That’s like calling xbox drones anyone commenting on an xbox thread.

It’s like the name calling will just never cease around here tis to rich

31. polygem

@mg. my psn is different to live and miiverse. psn is OhMikeOdd. you’re on my list already ;) will prolly get soul sacrifice early but not sure if i will get it at launch-huge backlog.
    @dragon. you just want to hear what you want to hear and that is exactly your problem. countless times i praised sony titles here. gow, sly, medievil, ratchet, jakndax, some of my all time fave ip’s are sony ones.
    i also said “mostly” ignore and thats exactly what i do. but again, you only hear…

32. polygem

@lex. because all this has a history. but i dont give a fuck. out.

33. monkeygourmet

Do you even keep up with the amount of Sony news Dragon generates? It really does get crazy… Obviosly if it was all things Sony, Good AND bad, it would be un-biased. It never is though.

You can call ‘sour grapes’ on me taking mild offence, but with articles like this that Dragon decided to post in the ‘news’ forum are worthless.I own a PS3 and Vita again now, but this article does not list ANY details atall?!

The real kicker is, Dragon started having a go at WOE a few days ago for reporting news he thought was ‘anti Sony’ and without detail…

It’s the pot calling the kettle black IMO.

34. monkeygourmet

@Poly

adding you now dude! :)

Ah…. That was you? lol you are already on my list, i’m still gettin used to PSN! ;)

35. polygem

that said the ps store is shit compared to marketplace. why the hell cant they design this properly. seriously i just dont get it. cant be too hard to design it userfriendly. it is better now but still a mess. it’s just no fun to browse through it.

36. lexph3re

Well this isn’t the only site that posted on the 100 games at all. IGN and other sites have posted as well. So, it’s not like they are all tricked into posting by Dragon as well now are they? It’s just news. If Dragon post it and VG then post it and it’s all about games isn’t that all that matters? Regardless if it’s Sony news or MS news or Nin news? It’s all game related right?

37. monkeygourmet

I would completly agree with you if 100% of his ‘contributions’ weren’t ‘pro’ Sony.

Thats it really. If this article was highlighted without Dragon’s help, I would have said exactly the same thing without the ‘boner’ comment first.

I.E. It doesn’t contain ANY info. But, as he posted it first im just trying to draw parallels with this information and the kind of things WOE posts.

38. lexph3re

Well then look at them as checks and balances of the community. Dragon is Pro and Woe is Con. Its not like their journalist or anything and have to hold to some sort of code of conduct. And, if they point out eachothers inconsistencies then it’s just entertainment for us to watch.

No need to tip the scales of their war on balance is there? Let them do their thing and let’s just enjoy the good and the bad with the inbetween that is VG247

39. woe

Not bad, but how many of them will be watered down ports?

40. ManuOtaku

@37 Also i like to add, that this happens a lot with nintendo related news too, i mean some sony followers(always the same ones) making comments on nintendo threads,especially with a bad undertone in them, then why we cannot do the same?
    Edit: added some and always the same ones

41. lexph3re

Personally reading someones undertones is a reflection of your own interretation of the person. It’s also not easy to read how people really feel towards something through text.

I am overly critical on nintendo. But that’s only because I grew up on them and I want them to do different things. However, I also embraced the fact that Nintendo doesn’t really have to change anything. That Nintendo can continue to pick their audience and cater to them. But, I still believe I have a right to critique them seeing how so much of my money went into them.

Man let me shut up and go to this Capstone class

42. Lengendaryboss

@40 You can no one is stopping you and other Nintendo fans, to defend from the wrath of Sony fans and vice versa of course.

43. monkeygourmet

@Lex

Thats one way to look at it I guess.

@Woe

Dragon , is that you?!

@Manu

You are the most zen-like of all posters on here, don’t ever change! ;)

44. Dragon246

“Do you even keep up with the amount of Sony news Dragon generates?”
    News to me. I started generating news?
    “You can call ‘sour grapes’ on me taking mild offence, but with articles like this that Dragon decided to post in the ‘news’ forum are worthless”
    Really? You have definitely some loose screws somewhere. This news published without my help. Staff is good enough to write the user name who provided the info. I cant see mine there. Ha. And staff is saner than ninty lovers here, so they know whats news worthy and whats not.
    “I would completely agree with you if 100% of his ‘contributions’ weren’t ‘pro’ Sony.”
    Since you are from boner country, I don’t expect you to find out anything. But read something related to MGS from a few days ago.
    “I.E. It doesn’t contain ANY info”
    No info for you. Move on sour grapes.

Point is, the ninty brigade here doesn’t know a thing about anything. Gek summed it up perfectly, paranoid brigade they are. From alt accounts to boners, they are paranoid about everything.

About woe, I am really amazed paranoid brigade has the balls to compare him to anyone. Just check GOWA and GOW3 threads, he got pointed by multiple people.
    And he is a fun guy, his inconsistencies are very funny indeed. Unfortunately he is helping the ninty paranoid brigade to further their cause butthurt by the fact that teh ninty is failing with wiiu. Best defence is offence, these guys are perfect example.
    Keep pointing out *teh cell* and *teh blu-ray* in every article, that’s how paranoid the brigade is.
    Why not come up with some ninty news. Oh well, I forgot that you cant, since everything on the web is negative about them.

@lex
    Thanks man. Appreciate it. But as I said earlier, these people are not worth talking. Hell , the brigade has more comments here than anyone else, that shows something. Same as you, ninty has stopped innovating from long time, and have stopped producing industry leading games, and that sucks. Everyone wants ninty to innovate except well, Ninty fans.

@Legend,
    I doubt that will work. You saw what happened in that Tattoo thread didn’t you. When faced with lack of facts, flaming is considered the best option by these folks. That guy stopped there and ram away when he understood he didn’t had anything else to say. But if you remember I alluded there that that guy had some even more foul mouthed friends, and these are those. Ignoring them is for the best.

This says it all, I wonder since only less than 3 million wiius are around, doesn’t this make rest of 7 BILLION of population assholes? I am sure its quite the opposite-
    “#5

monkeygourmet
    21/03/13, 11:09 pm

Wii : Awesome sales, everyone hates it : people miss out on some amazing games…

Nintendo pretty much = cutting off your nose to spite your face…

So many assholes… : /”

I don’t have energy to engage in fanboy wars anymore. Paranoid brigade can go on MS thread saying they are important enough for MS to *spy* on them , when dogs will be better targets.

45. noamlol2

99 ports and just one PS vita game

but i would love to see demon’s souls on the vita

46. Bashtee

I’m glad I bought a Vita, but my 32GB Card has only 9gigs left, decreasing at highspeed. I wish there was a 64gig one :( And I’m fine with ports :)

47. Djoenz

Ya’ll need to get off Dragon246′s back and get a life. Bunch of nerds.

Damn monkeys all over the place.

At least Dragon provides links and facts and what not. You initiated the argument this time MonkeyBoy. You called him out on nonsense.

Be the bigger man and really ignore him.

48. polygem

@46.same here. will soon need a bigger card too. would love to see a pricedrop for them though.

@dragon. a ninty brigade only exists in your mind. everyone you count into that fantasy brigade of yours has a well rounded and most of the time unbiased opinion about games in general, owning several systems, pointing out what they like and dont like about each system. the sooner you will finally realise that the better for you. pecome on man. stop lying to yourself. you are a sony ONLY fan. thats even totally ok. i dont have a problem with that. i love so many sony games too…but please stop pretending that epeaceveryones mind ticks the same way than yours. you can love sony all the way but it’s pathetic to devalue ms or ninty only for the sake of it. fuck platform wars. it’s bullshit. gamers should care about their passion for games not fight about which platform is better. it’ s just stupid. no hate man, your attitude can make me mad sometimes indeed and i think its an unreflected, teenage, selfish attitude. i wish you’d try to take an open minded look at it.

49. Dragon246

@Djoenz,
    Autograph please :D

50. polygem

@dragon. a ninty brigade only exists in your mind. everyone you count into that fantasy brigade of yours has a well rounded and most of the time unbiased opinion about games in general, owning several systems, pointing out what they like and dont like about each system. the sooner you will finally realise that the better for you. come on man. stop lying to yourself. you are a sony ONLY fan. thats even totally ok. i dont have a problem with that. i love so many sony games too…but please stop pretending that everyones mind ticks the same way than yours. you can love sony all the way but it’s pathetic to devalue ms or ninty only for the sake of it. fuck platform wars. it’s bullshit. gamers should care about their passion for games not fight about which platform is better. it’ s just stupid. no hate man, your attitude can make me mad sometimes indeed and i think its an unreflected, teenage, selfish attitude. i wish you’d try to take an open minded look at it. peace.

51. polygem

its important had to say that twice.

52. monkeygourmet

Provides links and facts?! Yeah, sure he does, but only from a pro Sony position.

Just check the news forum, he’s like a one man Cheer leading squad.

Sony, Sony, Sony… Like a broken record.

Funny how he ommits Sony news that has a negative spin though.

I didn’t call him out on ‘nonsense’… I said he had weird boner for Sony. If I was posting constant streams of news about one company in the forum, I would expect people to say the same thing to me…

Im mainly called him on the fact he attacked WOE the other day, when he’s doing exactly the same thing.

@Dragon

You keep going back to that post I made.

The one about people being so loyal to one company they miss loads of great games? Yeah, I stand by that, and you’re a perfect example of that.

A huge JRPG fan who won’t by a 3DS because of brand loyalty…

Keep it up dude…

53. monkeygourmet

Also,as I’ve kept saying:

THE ARTICLE DOESN’T GIVE ANY INFORMATION!!!

As a Vita owner, I can gather nothing from it… Are these download games, have previously announced games part of this mystic 100?

etc… etc…

It needs a lot more info.

54. Djoenz

Posting constant streams of news about one company in the appropriate articles/threads is actually a good thing. :)

55. Lengendaryboss

@54 Yes it is, but if what other people are saying is true the person is only doing it because of brand loyalty. Nothing wrong with that although i can see why they think like that.

56. Dragon246

@54,55
    I like PlayStation and Sony and post related news in Sony threads (and sometimes for MS too, their profits really are something). I wonder whats wrong with that?
    I see a specific bunch of people having problem with that, always. Same people, again and again. So I ignore them now.

And I trust the editors at VG247 to see what is news worthy. After all they run the site, not us.

Sad to see this article about Vita having great number of games lined up getting turned into a slug-fest.

Btw, the company I like the most has to be Google. It has been involved is so few litigations despite being such a big company.
    Google software+Sony hardware= Success!
    Like Pachter said, if you have a problem with this, deal with it.

57. monkeygourmet

You like Sony & PS, I like games.

58. monkeygourmet

I can’t see how pointing out the article has absolutly zero information in it is in any way turning things into a ‘slug fest’…

Even as a Sony / PS fan, what are you acyually gathering from this that is making you so happy. A survey of PS Vita owners?! I know you love jumping on every positve Sony crumb you can, but this is hard to get excited about surely?

100 games are great, but with no time frame or details, it’s just nothing…?!

59. monkeygourmet

There’s 9 months left of the 2013, if these targets are to be achieved then roughly 10 games need to come out every month.

60. Djoenz

I like consoles over pc. Im too poor to buy a big ass pc rig.
    I like games especially the exclusives that happens to be on Sony Playstation.
    I liked Sony products till LG started to release great affordable TV’s.

I dont like monthly subscriptions for online play. (I already pay my internet provider).
    I do like Gears Of War.

I dont like handhelds.
    I dont like casual games besides on my Mobile phone. (free only while a lot of them are micotransaction based)

I dont like motion controlled games.

So I guess that makes me a Sony fanboy too even though I think Sony Bravia TV’s are shit. :P

61. zinc

^ I like big butts and I can not lie
    You other brothers can’t deny
    That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
    And a round thing in your face
    You get sprung
    Wanna pull up tough Cuz you notice that butt was stuffed
    Deep in the jeans she’s wearing I’m hooked and I can’t stop staring
    Oh, baby I wanna get with ya And take your picture
    My homeboys tried to warn me But that butt you got Make Me so horney
    Ooh, rump of smooth skin
    You say you wanna get in my benz ?
    Well use me use me cuz you aint that average groupy

62. Dragon246

Someone is ignoring the question-
    #2

monkeygourmet
    20/03/13, 11:17 am

As a NINTENDO FAN, I don’t understand DLC or how the internet and multiplayer gaming work, so I don’t think it’s worth bothering with.

And yet pointing out me. Ironic.
    Everyone has a favourite and a choice. Fact of life.

@Zinc,
    :D Philosophical?

63. zinc

^ Stare a beautiful booty long enough & you will transcend into a Zen like tranquility…

Or get a slap ;-)

64. monkeygourmet

You are so stupid it’s hilarious… I love your little trawling trips around the site. It’s getting to be quite an OCD now isn’t it.

I love good games. Nintendo consoles I grew up with (after C64/Atari ST etc…), then I went Playstation for a long while, I got sick of Sony’s arrogant practice after PS3 release and showing CGI demo’s which was a lie. I do love some Sony exclusives though.

Thing is, you don’t really see me constantly posting pro Nintendo / MS or whatever news anywhere round the site do you?

Im happy to praise a good game regardless of what company makes it.

Also, if your going to start digging through peoples laundry, at least show other articles or posts to make a balanced view:

“I don’t know how it can ‘feel’ amazing.

The Wii U pad doesn’t have analogue triggers, so i’m not sure how well it’s going to cope with a driving sim.

Mario Kart will be fine but I can’t imagine a game like this working too well on the tablet pad.

Also 60fps for driving sims on console should really be the way to go. I’d rather sacrifice some other effects to boost the fps any day.

At the moment, it looks like the PS4 is going to max out at 1080p and 30fps on most games (driving sims and fighting games hopefully 1080p / 60fps), with lots more effects going on.

Thing is 30fps needs to be locked solid. Im really starting to find console games dipping into the 20′s terrible to play. Dark Siders 2 was awful, Cyrsis 3 on 360 is almost un-playable IMO.

Also, screen tear needs to be a thing of the past for PS4 / 720, it actually ruins a game for me now, again; Darksiders 2 being a good example of a shitty product from a tech perspective.”

I fully understand certain consoles limitations, I don’t put any company in an ‘ivory tower’

….Still can’t believe you tried to link to a post that contained obvious sarcasm… oh dear! O_o

I can just imagine you sat there, your eye’s darting through forum posts, your mind on fire, desperatly trying to seek out a morsal to use against soemone…

65. Djoenz

You can actually be fan of more than one console :p

Oh and yeah I do love big butts..omnomnom.

Sony’s CrossBuy and CrossPlay.
    Buy ps3 title and get vita version for free. Hopefully buy vita version or psp version and get ps3 version free.

I could play all those psp version or vita versions on my ps3 cause I never owned a handheld. I would love to play them.

Sony said they would implement this. I hope they still do and perhaps thats where the 100 games are come to play.

As for which titles etc. we just have to wait and see.

66. monkeygourmet

Cross buy, PS Plus with Vita is great.

The thing is, I got a 4gb memory card with mine, to fully take advantage of Plus / Crossbuy on Vita you need to pay for Plus then a 32gb Memory stick.

Thats almost £75… Thats a really shitty hidden cost if you ask me!

Suddenly ‘free’ isn’t really the best choice of word! Mind you, the fact that plus works on PS3 too is nice.

Sony seriously need to drop the price of memory cards. It reminds me of the rip off PS1 days, buy the console, but to get it working, you have to pay another £40 to save your games…

67. Lengendaryboss

Let me try this again Guys does it really matter if Dragon is Pro Sony, everyone is pro someone. There are PC fanboys, Xbox fanboys, PlayStation fanboys and Nintendo fanboys they all enjoy their companies and their respective platforms can’t we all just leave it as that?

68. Djoenz

Yeah that sucks man hehe. Thats why I hope they implement this CrossPlay asap. It would definitely make a customer out of me.

69. monkeygourmet

Go on then, im game! ;)

70. polygem

@67. no problem with anyone saying “i am a fan of brand xyz”. what stinks are people who are constantly throwing shit in every other direction. most of the time its the guys that dont even own the other consoles. they are just throwing shit. making their beloved company look good and everything else bad. thats just childish bullshit. this site always had some rough opinion based discussions going on and thats cool…but in the last 6 month or so it became a huge sony marketing boner page indeed. i like sony man, i dont want some pseudo sony loyalists making this brand look silly. thats exactly what those people are doing though and they dont even realise that.

71. polygem

@mg…sigh. its so easy to get me hyped. now i watched a good amount of soul sacrifice footage…day one for me, so yeah, lets slay some beasts together in may!

72. monkeygourmet

Basically, this.

The worse part for me though, is the grasping at straws and desperatly trying to twist my words.

The classic at the moment is my comments on MS & ‘Kinect 2.0′. trying to make me out to be a conspiracy theorist when we all know MS is completly advertising and media focused next gen, and there are hundreds of articles around talking about this for better or worse.

It’s called mud slinging, bad politicians or people worried there arguements don’t hold water like to do it to distract from what someones actually saying. It’s rife on here at the moment.

Def up for some Soul Sacrifice though Poly! :)

73. G1GAHURTZ

when we all know MS is completly advertising and media focused next gen

^ See this…?

This is your problem, right here.

There is a very, very golden rule, that goes: ‘If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.’

Especially when you have absolutely zero proof to back it up.

It stops you from looking like a paranoid waffler.

74. monkeygourmet

Your kidding me right?

It’s not just MS obviously, but the way we access games and the new revenue streams companies are focusing on are plain for all to see.

Just cast a little look back over last year and check how many articles and patents, specualtion and concrete proof there is that gaming isn’t the main focus for MS and a lot of other companies at the moment.

The scene has shifted, now weather or not you or I care about that is neither here nor there. It’s just happening, and we are seeing more and more evidence of this through things like micro transactions, dash board adverts, free to play, subscriptions, season passes etc…

I don’t understand why you think my view is so ‘out there’.

Obviously you can combat all this with the, ‘if you don’t like it, don’t play it’ statement or words to that effect.

I can’t really come back from that as it’s just the same as saying ‘haters gonna hate’.

Seeing games like Dead Space 3 get raped through a twisted and greedy marketing teams view of a product should provide a nice example of where a lot of franchises may be heading in the future.

I know nothings come of it yet, but it’s baby steps with all this kind of stuff.

75. Lengendaryboss

@73 The Golden rule is not really listened to when your on the internet, plus if someone opinion is negative just let him/her voice it and move on. Don’t you think this could be the outcome on the Xbox720 “when we all know MS is completly advertising and media focused next gen” he is probably basing it on MS approach with Xbox360.

76. monkeygourmet

Well, i’m basing it on the fact that the Xbox was originally intended to be a ‘sleeper’ media device to get into the living room space.

The product has slowly changed over the course of it’s life and I think that the 720 will be the logical conclusion of this.

There’s a constant stream of news and commentators surrounding MS battle for the living room space, along with Apple, Google etc… It’s just not all about games anymore, thats all im saying.

That would be fine if these changes and the way we consume media haden’t had what I deem a negative effect on games in general.

Now, thats my opinion. Mybe G1GA loves DLC, advertising, pay to win etc… Again, that is his opinion, but to me, these things all appear when big companies start to understand how to ‘break’ a product down and sell you individual aspects at a premium price.

EA are very open about this, especially from a mobile perspective, although, with games like Dead Space, maybe we are starting to see a shift into other games too.

The fact that it’s rumoured they have some kind of exclusive deal going with MS for the 720, alarm bells start ringing.

For the record; Unless they completly fuck it up, the 720 is my first choice next gen as I love the pad, want to carry my stats over and hopefully (wishful thinking) my 50 or so games I have purchased on XBLA.

77. G1GAHURTZ

I’m not debating the issue at all, I’m just trying to help you out, mg.

You came across as if you didn’t understand why so many people have such a problem with your comments, so I am pointing out that perhaps it’s your approach which is the issue.

I learned a long time ago that when you make a general statement with a general meaning, people will take the WORST possible, most PEDANTIC interpretation of what you say.

You have to make statements that can only be interpreted as you intend them to be interpreted, because people (fanboys) will pretty much never give you the benefit of the doubt.

You have to choose your words carefully. Especially if what you say is negative

For example: “when we all know MS is completly advertising and media focused next gen

Now, if you don’t want any trouble, what you need to say is: ‘when it clearly appears as though MS is putting a huge amount of focus on advertising and media.’

See. Now, A) Your statement becomes an opinion, and B) No one can interpret the word “completely” to mean that MS will have absolutely no games, next gen.

Now, if people disagree with your opinion, they will probably respond to you in a reasonable manner, and not just see you as attacking their platform of choice with baseless claims.

@75:

I don’t have any problem with people being negative. It doesn’t really bother me, unless they are blatantly trolling.

As I explained to mg, I was just trying to shed some light on why he may be feeling slightly victimised.

78. monkeygourmet

Thanks, thats some good advice.

I do feel it’s a sorry state of affairs that i have to re-read each post I make for the fear of someone cherry picking a certain part and running with it.

It smacks of avoidence and generally used by people wanting to label someone.

But again, thanks for the tip. Next time, i’ll try and choose my words more carefully! :)

79. Djoenz

Damn some people are really exaggerating stuff. Who gives a sh*t.
    Go cry some more. Ffs.

80. Dragon246

I wonder why its only 2 guys on this page who have problems with me. Looks like they have nothing else to do in life.
    “You are so stupid it’s hilarious”
    Ha. really? After getting pointed out by so many people, still you cant understand?

@Djoenz,
    “You can actually be fan of more than one console :p”
    Definitely.
    “Damn some people are really exaggerating stuff. Who gives a sh*t.
    Go cry some more. Ffs.”
    Now they are crying foul because got pointed out by so many people. But I completely expect him to come calling to me soon and not learn anything from this. Hopefully he will leave me alone now. Personal insults for loving/hating a company? Not interested in that kind of shit.

Peace. Looks like the same 2 guys want to continue this forever. Name-calling is in their veins, as you can see above.

Completing Uncharted Golden Abyss platinum. Much better than listening to nobodies on the internet.

81. Djoenz

Trust me face to face is much better discussing etc. On forums and what not its so hard to express sometimes cause people can misinterpret a lot of things.

Oh boy I had my share with certain arrogant people acting brave behind their keyboards.

But what Im trying to say is speak your mind. You type something once keep it tht way. Dont edit your posts just to keep some internet nerds satisfied.

82. monkeygourmet

Whats been pointed out?

The fact that I need to ensure my posts are more crystal clear so idiots don’t try and spin them into something they are not?

This conversation is fruitless.

83. polygem

monkey don´t become more polite…you already are polite enough. people wanna hear what they wanna hear. this is no freaking uno meeting, it´s a videogame news page.
    dragon look at yourself don´t give a fuck about what others think of you or me. it proves shit on the internet.