The Walking Dead PS3 saves may transfer to PS4 for season 2

Wednesday, 6th March 2013 08:24 GMT By Dave Cook

The Walking Dead developer TellTale Games is in talks with Sony to figure out a way to transfer players’ PS3 saves over to PS4 in order to continue their story in season 2 of the adventure series. It comes over fears that saves cannot be transferred between both formats.

The game’s executive producer Kevin Boyle told IGN, “Season 2 will read what you did in Season 1 and that will tailor some of the things that happened in Season 2.

“They’ll be a lot more social and in-between episode features for Season 2 that definitely exploit what the new platforms have to offer. We’re super-excited about PlayStation 4 and what all the other big console manufacturers have in store.”

On the issue of cross-format file transfer, TellTale founder Kevin Bruner added, “We’re in close contact with Sony and they understand what is the secret recipe of The Walking Dead so expect that we’ll be talking about it soon.”

Meanwhile, TellTale has set out its stall for The Walking Dead: Season 2, stating that it will be less buggy and more robust. Check out what hey had to say about it here.

1. melonbuster1

Wow and this is news? ,??? Reaching

#1 1 year ago
  2. Dave Cook

@1 yes it is news, considering that there has been doubt cast on save transferring between both formats in the past. Thanks.

#2 1 year ago
  3. melonbuster1

Who cares really? ?? Come on that’s a broke guys concern. I open my new system day of launch the day before I put the old system away for good. If the new system plays the old games I will leave those out if not they go in the closet with the old system.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Dave Cook

@3 What? You’re missing the point here. The Walking Dead has a save transfer feature that carries over your moral choices from season one and impacts how season two unfolds.

That’s why save transfer is important – and newsworthy – in this instance. Why should I have to start the game again just because Sony blocks my save?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Beta

What are you on about MelonBuster?

Of course this is news considering that Sony said a little while ago that saves would not carry over.

#5 1 year ago
  6. KAP

Who’d a guessed he wouldn’t reply after seeing sense. Dick.

#6 1 year ago
  7. melonbuster1

I didn’t bother to go back and read it because its a rather moot point to be honest. But to give you a answer. They could just have a small recap in the beginning on Ps4 to go over choices made in pass games to help refresh you about the old games and to give you a starting point on the new system. Problem solved. But I’m a dick so last I check they neither have brains nor a mouth so with that I said have a nice day you very small broke person

#7 1 year ago