MGS Ground Zeroes: Snake actor David Hayter asks fans how they’d feel if he didn’t return

Wednesday, 6th March 2013 13:17 GMT By Dave Cook

Metal Gear Solid voice actor David Hayter has conducted a very weird Twitter poll, asking fans how they’d feel if he didn’t return as the voice of Solid Snake. Is he just trolling the world, or is there a slight chance he may not be returning? Judge for yourself.

Hmm. What’s he up to?

Last week I interviewed Hideo Kojima, who said he’s genuinely worried that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will be a flop, as it covers a lot of mature and taboo themes. You can check out my full interview here.

We’re also rounding up every rumour, screen and quote regarding Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes from now until the game eventually launches. Why? Because we’re nuts, clearly. Check it out here.

Thanks CVG.

1. GwynbleiddiuM

Heartbroken :<

#1 1 year ago
  2. orakaa

I don’t know the guy (he does a good job in MGS by the way) but maybe he’s in negotiation with KojiPro? Maybe he’s trying to raise his fees a little bit. I don’t know, it’s just a supposition. Or maybe he’s in a bad mood and wanted to see if people cared about his work?

Those are just very wild guesses, but maybe he just did it out of curiosity

#2 1 year ago
  3. theevilaires

You would not see a red penny from my pocket go to this game if David Hayter doesn’t return as Snake. He “IS” Snake. Plain and simple. NO DAVID HAYTER NO PURCHASE! Of course things would all get fucked up once a well known PlayStation franchise jumps the ship and goes to another console.

#3 1 year ago
  4. deathm00n

Maybe he’s just trying to inflate his ego. Wich he shouldn’t need, he’s fucking Snake!

EDIT: No, fucking Snake didn’t sound good. But you get it right?

#4 1 year ago
  5. Fin

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

#5 1 year ago
  6. ps4fanboy

It’ll be a lil disappointing, but if they cast someone with very good voice for ‘Snake’ then i can be okay with that.

#6 1 year ago
  7. DogmanSP

It kinda makes sense in a weird sort of way.

*SPOILERS*

In Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Big Boss isn’t played by Hayter, but by Richard Doyle. Most likely to differentiate between the two characters in the closing act.

So having Doyle possibly reprising the role shouldn’t be that big of a surprise.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Hirmetrium

I would almost prefer Big Boss to now be voiced by Doyle. They have to switch at some point, and Big Boss is looking less and less like Snake, and has already denounced that name.

It doesn’t mean Snake won’t show up again – following the timeline he has to be alive by this point.

And yeah, I’d be upset to see him go. The man’s voice carry’s metal gear solid all on its own.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Imperius

I’d be pissed. Snakes voice is not replaceable. No David means there better be no Snake and the only charter that I would play other than Snake is frank yager aka grey fox aka the ninja aka a badass.

#9 1 year ago
  10. YoungZer0

David Hayter IS Snake. They might as well reboot it without him.

#10 1 year ago
  11. GwynbleiddiuM

@7 Yet, in Peace Walker Hayter returns as Big Boss’s voice, so no Richard Doyle. I wont allow it.

PS: Akio Ōtsuka and David Hayter should always be Solid Snake and Big Boss’ voice, period.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Bomba Luigi

They would need a very, very good Reason. Like Hayter gone Crazy and will not make Voice Acting for less then 50 Million. But replacing with no good Reason like Ubi did with Ironside would I not accept, means I would not buy the Game.

#12 1 year ago
  13. killersense

i personally think this could be a dig at splinter cell with ironside not voicing sam fisher in the upcoming game. kojima has taken digs at splinter cell in the past

#13 1 year ago
  14. DogmanSP

@11 No, you don’t get it. Peace walker’s Big Boss was a younger man.

As he gets closer and closer to the age as he is seen in MGS4, it would make sense (continuity wise) that he’d eventually cross over to Doyle’s voice.

Obviously there’s still some time between Ground Zeroes and MGS4, but that doesn’t take away the fact Solid and Naked Snake are two different (albeit very close) people. Something to bare in mind is that Liquid, Solid and Solidius all have different voice actors, even though they are essentially clones.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Erthazus

I’m sick of Metal Gear Rumors.

We got only one trailer that basically showed us nothing, now even David Hater trolling us.

Sick bastards, I hope we will get decent info on march 27 at GDC.

#15 1 year ago
  16. MadFlavour

He’s an actor. Probably just ego tripping.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Beta

No way I’d ever believe anyone else as Snake.

Don’t torment me Hayter.

#17 1 year ago
  18. MadFingerz

Lol, too much time spent with KP has turned Hayter into a troll.

#18 1 year ago
  19. GwynbleiddiuM

@14 at the time of MGS3 Big Bos was 30, at the time of MGS: PW he’s 10 years older, and last time I checked people’s voice wont change all that much when they grow old. So even if in Ground Zeroes timeline Big Boss is 60 he would still sound pretty much the same, a bit rougher maybe.

#19 1 year ago
  20. aaron_avelino

No David Bateson as Agent 47? We’d have survived. No Micheal Ironside as Sam Fisher? Annoying but we’ll deal. Someone other than David Hayter as Snake. No fucking way. Wouldn’t work. – CVG

#20 1 year ago
  21. vOL

@20 Yeah I am pretty sure the timeline gaps between Peace Walker and Ground Zeroes is not THAT(for the voice to change) long..it will be more like weeks if not days after Peace Walker ending.

#21 1 year ago
  22. Hellhound30x

David Hayter is Snake… thats all I’m saying. I hate it when they change up the actors or the talent…

#22 1 year ago
  23. Clupula

No David Hayter, no Snake.

#23 1 year ago
  24. GwynbleiddiuM

@21 Who gives a crap about Sam Fisher? He has like 20 line of dialogues in the whole series.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Lengendaryboss

I will still buy it providing whoever is snake’s actor is remains true to snake’s character. You people above really will miss out on a MGS game because an established actor bows out, it seems ridiculous.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Vice

Well I bet he’s sick of playing this character for so long.
    And how would I feel? Wouldn’t care.

#26 1 year ago
  27. MadFingerz

^He isn’t…

#27 1 year ago
  28. The Dude

Would it be fair to say that David Hayter is *SOLID* Snake? I know he’s voiced Big Boss as well (up until now?), but… even though they look the same, they are different character after all. I wouldn’t mind Hayter no longer voicing BB now he’s older, I guess.

If they ever revisited Solid Snake in some way then of course I’d hope David Hayter was his voice again, as he *is* indeed Snake.

#28 1 year ago
  29. MadFingerz

hmmm, I was just thinking…I know that Snake is used many times in reference to either SS or BB, but what if Hayter really does mean Solid? What if we see a younger SS in the game, probably still as a child, which would obviously mean Hayter couldn’t voice him? Now I’m going to be wondering about this until GDC..

#29 1 year ago
  30. jenifer lofez

Hi,
    I am regular user of blogger and I have a blog site. We want a largest community for online traffic. I think that facebook fans are best way for this. So buy Facebook fans and increase your business.

#30 1 year ago