Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Wii U April update to add cross-region multiplayer, off-screen play

Thursday, 28th February 2013 16:49 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Capcom has Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be updated on Wii U in April with off-TV play and cross-region online multiplayer. So, soon those in North America will be able to play with their friends over in Europe. Moe free downloadable quests are also in the plan for the next “several months”, with the first batch available at launch. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is due in March, for 3DS and Wii U. Thanks Nintendo Life.

1. xBASSxMONSTAx

Awesome news. :)

#1 1 year ago
  2. mistermogul

Off-TV play is the best feature of Wii U for me, I love it.

It seems weird not being able to do it on PS3/360 after playing Wii U…

#2 1 year ago
  3. OlderGamer

Good stuff indeed.

#3 1 year ago
  4. theevilaires

Ok this is what I’m talking about. I never played a Monster Hunter game. I regrettably passed the PS2 version back in the day. I’ll start with this one on the Wii U now. Finally something new and fresh that I can’t get on PS3/360.

#4 1 year ago
  5. OlderGamer

Make sure you download the demo Tea. It is out now. Nice game, but a bit hard.

#5 1 year ago
  6. DeVitowned

This very progressive and unCapcom of them. Surprised the change of heart, especially since they said neither off-screen or open-region would be included. Definitely picking it up, though.

#6 1 year ago
  7. theevilaires

Thanks Oldergamer and that also brings up something about next gen connected with Wii U. Will future demos of the next gen be timed to a few plays like the Wii U? I downloaded the Rayman Legends and was surprised they put a limit on how many times you could play the demo. I thought it was funny at first but its really sad,low,and pathetic from these publishers.

#7 1 year ago
  8. OlderGamer

I fully agree with the demo time limits needing to go thing. And yeah MHU has a limited number of uses too. I think Nintendo should remove it.

But I am betting for the more advanced systems, the demo will prolly be a timed play of the entire game(just like PSN+ members get right now). After which they will prolly be a prompt asking you click X/A to buy/unlock.

#8 1 year ago
  9. _LarZen_

I downloaded the demo as I have heard so much good about this game series. What I found was not what I expected at all.

Level design from 2009 with really bad high-res textures. And the gameplay was just horrifying.

If this represent more or less what you get I must say I just don’t get it. It’s bad…just really really bad.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Showmeyomoves!

@9 The controls take some getting used to, as does the length of the animations. Once you get used to them, you understand why they are the way they are. You can’t simply mash buttons and hope for the best, you need to time your attacks so that you still have enough time to roll, dodge or block the monster’s attacks. Speaking of dodging, rolling is an excellent way of shortening some of the lengthy animations after an attack!

I recommend watching some tutorial videos on YouTube (SocialDissonance’s channel in particular). I know it sounds like a lot of trouble to get into one game, but it’s definitely worth it. Especially once you go online or have friends to play with! Don’t give up on a game just because it’s different from everything you’ve played before.

#10 1 year ago