Crusader Kings 2: The Old Gods has been announced for a Q2 2013 release by publisher Paradox Interactive. The publisher sent VG247 a list of features, concept art and a trailer this afternoon. Check them all out below the fold.
Paradox confirmed that the RPG expansion will give you the chance to play as either a Pagan or Zoroastrian ruler, and that you can start your campaign as far back at 867 AD.
Here’s a run-down of the expansion’s features:
- Religious Turmoil: Restore the Old Gods to prominence through sacrifice and divination, or force the pagans to convert through new missionary missions
- Earlier start: 200 years of more gameplay with the special 867 AD bookmark
- Rebels With a Cause: Rebels are no longer faceless rabble, but led by defined characters with specific agendas
- Adventurers: Watch as landless younger sons and charismatic warriors raise armies
- Pillage and Prosper: Loot provinces and burn cities to the ground – lest your warlike people grow angry during extended peacetime!
- Heathens: Convert them or play as them and survive, reforming your faith to stand the test of time
- Prepared Invasions: Declare your intent to invade a rich target, and watch adventurers and opportunists flock to your banner.
- Unholy UI: A new pagan interface is available alongside all-new events, decisions, and units
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.