Ghostbusters is back in the form of Beeline Interactive’s new iOS game, which launched on iTunes this morning. Publisher Capcom kept this one relatively quiet, but as it happens the game draws influence from XCOM. Players must recruit new Ghostbusters, research weaponry, manage resources and perform experiments on ghosts to earn new upgrades. Check out Capcom’s official screens below the cut.
Although the game is free, we suspect it may have microtransaction elements, seeing as Beeline is the team behind Smurf’s Village. It sees Venkman and his band of Ghostbusters battling spirits in New York City, and building their dusty firehouse HQ up using new research trees which are unlocked as they advance. The aim is to ascend a ghostly tower and defeat the apparitions therein.
The game’s iTunes descriptor has a shopping list of features:
- Earn money and slime by capturing and collecting ghosts throughout New York City
- Climb the tower, floor by floor, by breaching slime barriers and battling floor bosses
- Conduct research to upgrade your equipment so you can bust even bigger, badder, ghosts
- Hire new Ghostbusters, and run experiments to improve and expand your franchise
- Experiment on ghosts in your containment unit to discover the secrets to beating them and to unlock new upgrades
- Explore even more of the city by purchasing permits, completing ghost busting missions, or by spending Power Cores
- It’s time to send these spooks back where they came from…or to their nearest convenient parallel dimension!
We’ve got screens here: