Aliens: Colonial Marines kick ass trailer released, pre-purchase on Steam nets a S.H.A.R.P. Stick

Thursday, 24th January 2013 14:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

A new trailer for Aliens: Colonial Marines has been released, and it’s a “kick ass” one, according to the video description by SEGA. You can watch it below. If you plan on picking the game up on PC, you can now pre-purchase it on Steam and receive the S.H.A.R.P. Stick (sonic-harpoon artillery remote projectile rifle) for your trouble. Game’s out February 12.

1. ran93r

Horrible voice over, horrible looking textures.
    I was half excited about this but that’s just crapped all over my enthusiasm.

2. friendlydave

Should be picking this up, Feb is a pretty dry month for me. This looks ok to fill in a couple of weeks. Won’t be getting NinoKuni till way later in the year, and P4:G at the end of the month.

@1 They don’t look that bad and I don’t think any Gearbox game has had good textures.

3. DeVitowned

Glad I’m not alone in hating the voiceover. Had high hopes for this game, but I have switched over to being cautious. Aliens is the type of franchise that could create a horror that embraces sound and atmosphere, but this just looks like an ordinary twitch shooter.

4. OlderGamer

Yeah that one guys voice sounds like he is better off announcing a Monster Truck Rally instead of being in a Marine outfit. Plus his speach reminded me of Starship Troopers. Kind of cheesey, but not anything to worry about or not get the game over, I don’t think.

5. manamana

Everything ran93r said +1 and the fear that they screw this baby up….

6. polygem

got this on preorder. graphics don’t worry me, it’s ok. looks authentic to me. but i wish i would’ve skipped this trailer. the voiceover was a complete turn off.

7. themadjock

Lets not forget apone was hardly Iain mckellan

8. monkeygourmet

That was fucking cringe worthy and awful…

It really sucks being out of the marketing demographic, especially when they fuck with some of your favourite old franchises.

Bloody kids today, wouldn’t know a good movie if it came up and sprayed acid all over them. Grumble grumble.

Trying to chase 12 year old American boys eh Gearbox? Naughty naughty, you know this is Pegi 18… Another one of my cherished memories shat all over with dirty corporate diarrhoea…

Predator next please, fuck that up royally, then maybe another shit terminator reboot… Yay progress! :(

9. polygem

i actually just cancelled my preorder! the anti teaser trailer for me. i’m out of town for a week or so when this releases anyway. i hope it’ll turn out ok in the end but this trailer really made me from ‘day1′ to ‘getting it after price drop’. job well done.

10. monkeygourmet

I hear ya buddy! :/ wait for the reviews and let someone else take the plunge!

Isn’t Luigis Mansion out that month? I know what I’m getting! ;)

11. polygem

there still isn’t a confirmed release date on amazon germany for luigi but just checked : castlevania 3ds mof is finally available for preorder…march 8th :)
    i just clicked that button instead.

12. Len

Have to agree with everyone else, that has put me right off. Certainly not day 1 anymore, wait for a Steam sale most probably.

How depressing… :(

13. DSB

The guy who wrote the game is publicly disavowing the trailer.

14. absolutezero

Man when I think of Aliens I think Dubstep.

15. monkeygourmet

Get away from her you Glitch! ;)

16. Gheritt White

Dunno why you guys are all complaining, looks *exactly* how I expected it to.

17. Deacon

@ Monkeygourmet – man they already ruined Aliens AND Predator with lame AVP movies. They had some good moments, but were hardly born out of passion, and can’t be considered horror unless you’re in the aforementioned 12-yr old demographic.

Predators was pretty poor too I thought, though not diabolical.

Fucking shitty dubstep!!! ugggh! Would’ve been a LOT better with some atmospheric motion tracker noises and a military snare or something, imo. But oh no, dem kids love da dubsteps.

Lol @ 15 (even though I don’t get the reference)

It still has potential, but I agree this trailer doesn’t really resonate with me. Perhaps cos I’m an old-school fan too.