Borderlands 2′s weapon set has been acting strangely for some players over on the Gearbox forums. Randy Pitchford has stepped in to assure fans that the team is aware of several glitches and is now looking at fixing them at present. There’s also a new PC update available, along with a set of patch notes.
MP1st reports that the Gearbox forums have seen several raised issues surrounding the Borderlands 2 arsenal, such as guns firing at odd angles, or shooting more bullets at once than they’re supposed to.
Randy Pitchford posted on the Gearbox Forums in response to the concerns and assured users that they aren’t going unheard.
“You guys are awesome. Constructive people are good. Science is good. As we have already proven, we’ll make adjustments when we’re sure things are wrong. We are likely to make more adjustments. We have top men working on this stuff. Top men.”
He added, “Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that we’ve been keeping a close eye on both this and related threads. While I’m not a designer (and thus can’t really speak to what’s intentional or not) I can tell you that all the specific details you’ve provided are extremely useful for the team that’s digging into this.”
We’ll update on the fixes as they begin to roll out. In the meantime, the PC build of Borderlands 2 has received a new patch. Here are the notes:
Update v1.3.1 (Released 1/9/2013)
- Added support for text input using the gamepad for Steam’s Big Picture mode.
- Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the “Whoops” mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC.
- Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy’s shields, even though it was hilarious.
- Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
- Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.
Have you witnessed any odd stuff in the game so far? Let us know below.