Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable gets PS Vita launch trailer

Wednesday, 9th January 2013 09:03 GMT By Dave Cook

Earth Defence Force 2017 Portable is a handheld version of EDF 2017, first released on Xbox 360 in 2007, and it’s just hit PS Vita Stateside courtesy of D3 Publisher – You can check out Steph’s launch piece here. There’s even a launch trailer showing off tons of bug-blasting mayhem. Check it out below the fold.

Are you a fan of the series? Will you be picking this up? Let us know below.

Thanks Siliconera.

1. Dragon246

“Are you a fan of the series?”
    “Will you be picking this up?”

2. mreko3230

No, don’t own a PSVita- never will.

3. Dave Cook

@1 & 2 same here, but it’s odd that the series has a strong cult audience. I don’t quite understand it. More power to them though.

4. DrDamn

It’s silly OTT balls out fun. Played one of the earlier games on 360 split screen co-op. Intended to just see what it was like briefly with a friend and we played most of the day. It was just fun. A factor a lot of games manage to miss :)

That said it’s not the sort of title I’d look to play on my Vita.

5. SlayerGT

Not a fan..but I might become one. Ill be downloading it this afternoon. This looks to be the closest thing to a Star Ship Troopers out there. A game adaptation of a movie I’ve always wanted.

6. Eddie Rodrigues

I never saw the series and the way it looks… ugh… horrible in everything.

@2 Yes you will :D

7. ps3fanboy

i am sure the vita version will be fun but there is a new Earth Defence Force coming for the ps3 later on. i am gonna pick that one up for sure… this game need to be played on a big screen :D

8. lexph3re

I give everything a shot and I will give this one a shot too. Just when its on sale 40 is to much seeing how i have to get DMC and Dead Space 3 soon