Project Fiona – Razer’s Edge now available

Tuesday, 8th January 2013 18:15 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Razer has launched its Edge gaming tablet, formerly known as Project Fiona.

Two versions are available: one with an Intel i5 chip, 4GB of RAM, and a 64GB SSD for $999, and the Pro model packed with a Core i7, 8GB of RAM, and your choice of either a 128GB or 256GB SSD for $1299.

The controllers are optional and exchangeable for a keyboard dock and/or a dock with HDMI out and USB ports.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. Christopher Jack

GPU?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Christopher Jack

Never mind, found it, GT640m. Capable but not great, not that I really expected a GTX GPU at this price range for a tablet.

#2 1 year ago
  3. roadkill

Meh.. Idk about you but I can’t play on anything else smaller than a 20″ now. :)

edit: plus, it’s a console! Lol!

#3 1 year ago
  4. freedoms_stain

I like the idea of this thing. I think tablet gaming grade hardware still has a while to go before I’d seriously consider a purchase.

#4 1 year ago
  5. OlderGamer

Also the price. I would never spend that much for something like that, I don’t care what games it can play. My desktop didn’t cost that much.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Erthazus

You can connect it to the TV, Monitor and stuff.

#6 1 year ago
  7. stevenhiggster

Gonna sell like bottled farts. Ridiculous price for what it is, for that money you could buy a decent gaming laptop or a pretty damn good desktop! Or a PS3, a 360, a Wii U and a Vita and still have change for games!

#7 1 year ago
  8. PenTaFH

Not a want for me. I’m still quite disappointed that the Razer Switchblade never made it past the concept stage.

This thing is just a tablet in my perception, only bulkier. And pricy. Hell, you could buy a 64 gig iPad and have money to spare.

Don’t get me wrong, I looove Razer’s hardware, but this is a bit too insane.

#8 1 year ago