LEGO Marvel Super Heroes announced for fall multiplatform release

Tuesday, 8th January 2013 15:39 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes has been announced by Warner Bros. and TT Games for a fall release on 3DS, DS, PC, PS3, Vita, Wii U and Xbox 360.

Furthermore, the game is featured on the February 2013 cover of the next Game Informer. Have a look here.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes to save Earth from Loki and Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds.

“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,” said Tom Stone, managing director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”

In LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, players will unlock more than 100 characters such as Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus.

Looks as though Warner had got the superhero market covered what with owning the license to DC Comics, and now a Marvel game in the works.

The game contains various character abilities, combat-like action sequences, battle scenes, puzzle-solving and more.

The game will be released alongside a new LEGO Marvel Super Heroes toy collection.

1. viralshag

All over this.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Lloytron

WANT! *throws money at screen*

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

I’m throwing pound coins at my screen but nothing is happening. Am I doing it wrong?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Ireland Michael

Oh my.

#4 1 year ago
  5. xino

i’m playing as Iron Man
    i called it!

i’ve never played any Lego games, hopefully this would be good:/

#5 1 year ago
  6. Mr Sparkle

Well this was inevitable. About time!

#6 1 year ago
  7. TheWulf

Welp, this just made my day! All the while I was playing LEGO Batman 2, and flying around as Superman, I was having a blast but wishing that I was LEGO Spider-Man instead. DC never was my thing. But I do love the LEGO games, I’ve loved all of them (except for that below average LotR one, but LotR seems to be able to drag everything down with it); and I’m already a huge fan of Marvel and Spidey.

Soooo… this is great news. Great, great news indeed.

Though if they really want to outdo all efforts prior…

- Make sure it’s sold on Steam.
    - Have online co-op be a thing (and sell 4-packs on Steam).
    - Get rid of the bloody explore-mode levels, have stuff unlockable on one play-through and let people play as whomever they want. By the time I could play as the characters I wanted to in LEGO Batman 2, there was no content left to play. Bloody stupid design choice.

#7 1 year ago
  8. NeoSquall

Actually I think that LEGO LotR is superior to LEGO Batman 2, even as they share almost the same gameplay structure.

#8 1 year ago
  9. TheWulf

I think that’s determined by how much of a fan you are of LotR. Some people absolutely love it; but it puts me off with its boring wars and European folklore copypasta. If you’re a fan of the whole high-fantasy thing then it’s going to do a lot for you. It puts me to sleep.

Like you said, the game is identical, the change is the setting. I find superheroes more exciting than eccentric old men. And really, that Gandalf is popular at all when wizards like Rincewind and Fizban exist is a crime unto itself.

LEGO Discworld needs to be a thing that exists.

#9 1 year ago