Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD and Munch’s Oddysee HD releasing next week

Thursday, 13th December 2012 18:27 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Oddworld Inhabitants has confirmed release dates, platforms, and pricing for HD versions of Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and Munch’s Oddysee.

Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD for Vita will be released in North America on December 18 and Europe December 19 for $14.99/€11.99/£9.99.

Oddworld: Munch’s Oddysee HD for PS3 will be available on December 19 in Europe with North American release to be announced for $9.99/€8.99/£7.99.

Screenshots for both are below. Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD is currently available on PSN for PS3.

1. ps3fanboy

is it any news about this being released on a disc to buy??…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I think it’s just digitally. The PR never mentioned retail and the notice on the official site for the games said “STUFF YOUR DIGITAL STOCKING FULL TO THE BRIM!” – so I am assuming not for the time being.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dragon246

Are the games good?

#3 1 year ago
  4. Stephany Nunneley

I thought Stranger’s Wrath was a lot of fun. I played the original release. I have never played the others in the series, honestly, but everyone I know who has enjoyed them quite a bit.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Gekidami

They’re both bad quite frankly, especially Munch. I only played Stranger when the HD remake came out and i was shocked to see how sloppy and lazy the game is considering all the praise it gets. JustAddWater did an awesome job but the game itself is repetitive, boring, shallow rubbish.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Stephany Nunneley

@5 To each his own. I had fun with it.

#6 1 year ago
  7. ps3fanboy

NO DISC VERSION WHAT A BUNCH OF ASS CLOWNS. I DONT RENT GAMES, I BUY GAMES TO OWN!.

#7 1 year ago
  8. vormison

Man, Munch’s Oddysee is probably my favorite platform game ever.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Zarckan

@7 well you’re fucked with the next gen which is pretty much going to be digital only!!!

Fuckwad

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

I really liked the Stranger’s Wrath HD, but I have no idea what Munch is like. It’s a platformer, you guys say?

I was a fan of the two Oddworld PS1 games, so I am excited to play more of the series, but I do have to admit that, as much as I liked Stranger’s Wrath, it was very different from the first two (which reminded me of Out of This World and Flashback, more than anything). Is Munch that different, as well?

#10 1 year ago
  11. alisarv

I can not think of a good game.
    I can not make the audience happy.
    You can not look at it as a good game.
    As long as there are games like unchartd 3 Halo4…..
    I looked at these games should not even cover.

#11 1 year ago
  12. theevilaires

This is one of the games that made me love my original XBOX so much and kept me off my PS2. I know Stranger is PSN for PS3 but I’m hoping they will have a Xross buy price for Vita version too. Double the fun the double the trophies :D

Oh by the way where the hell is Capcom with the Veiwtiful Joe HD collection! Damn I want that so bad.

Clupula Munch is a platformer and its very good too I recommend it.

#12 1 year ago