Dark Souls 2 Wii U petition begins

Tuesday, 11th December 2012 10:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Dark Souls 2 was announced for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 at the VGAs over the weekend. Gamers have launched a petition to get the game on Wii U as well. Check it out below.

Nintendo Life reports that a group of gamers are petitioning Namco Bandai to get the game on Nintendo’s Wii U format. Would you like to see this happen?

Meanwhile, Dark Souls 2 co-director Tomohiro Shibuya revealed to Edge that the game will be more “understandable” without compromising its brutal difficulty. Find out what he means here.

Also, if you missed the Dark Souls 2 VGA trailer, you can watch it in full here.

Finally, we interviewed FROM Software about Dark Souls’ legacy in great detail. You can see what they had to say here.

1. Old MacDonald

Haha, petitions never work.

Oh wait.

2. locus2k1

Well what the hey, I’ve signed it; never know what will happen :)

Still, back to trying to beat Four Kings… just as soon as I get out of the trap that is the painted world.

3. shogoz

I spent over 100 hours in that painting so I could keep going through the level (by being summoned) it’s my favourite place in the entire game!

4. locus2k1

@3 only been in there an hour at the moment so still plenty to explore, once I get my bearings I’m sure it’ll be enjoyed a lot more :D just didn’t expect to get locked in lol

5. monkeygourmet

Would be great with the pad for invatory, writing messages etc…

Def signing the petition! :)

6. DeVitowned

Signed. Sealed. Now deliver!

7. OnionPowder

@3 I’m glad to see other people playing this right now as well :D. I just finished Duke’s Archive and have to take down the 4 kings. Painted World was interesting. I got confused for a while but you’ll find your way out eventually.

8. shogoz

I’ve spent over 350 hours on Dark Souls (over 2 game characters). It’s such an easy game to keep playing without stopping for hours on end lol. Do you all feel like you don’t want to stop playing sometimes or am I just obsessed? I’ve never wasted this many hours on a game before lol. Glad to see you all love Dark Souls. I’m surprised it didn’t get more attention than it did when it came out but I think that comes down to advertising. There were barely any ads for it in my hometown.

9. OnionPowder

@8 Ever since i started playing I spend most of my day thinking of strategies and where I should head next when I play :D

10. locus2k1

@8 aye, it’s odd – I’ll admit I don’t get those who can put hundreds of hours into DayZ (it’s fun, but just doesn’t ‘click’ with me), Street Fighter IV (I suck at beat ‘em ups lol), but the Souls series and the MH series I can play for hours. Currently on the PC version (alternating between the three platforms) most evenings at the moment, and if on call at home on weekends I’ll be on most the day too.

It’s the kind of game that I have so many ‘to-do lists’ that I want to complete, and with it’s “one more try” approach with every death I just can’t seem to put it down and will likely to continue playing past the 1000/1000, only stopping to go back and platinum Demons Souls (on NG++++, final playthrough for spells and weapons).

Oh, but those low-level pyromancing PVPers – grats on being able to get so far in the game at such a low level, but don’t go griefing the new guys please, it makes it difficult to encourage friends to buy if they’re ganked as soon as they leave the prison!