Steam Autumn Sale starts tomorrow – report

Tuesday, 20th November 2012 16:23 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Steam’s fall sales is set to start tomorrow, if blog post from the developers of Secret of the Magic Crystals is any indication (via Reddit). Of course, Steam will have its sale, Valve has just been quite on when it will start as it likes to spring things on everyone. Runic outed the fact it was coming soon last week, so like death and taxes, it’s inevitable. According to the blog post, the sale runs November 21-27 and the service’s December sale will run from the 20th through January 4. Thanks, >PCGamesN.

1. jevonski

NOOOOOO my savings!!!

2. DSB

I’ve been going all “DON’T BUY ANYTHING ON STEAM, DON’T BUY ANYTHING ON STEAM” for the last few weeks.

It’s the Thanksgiving Sale no? Autumn, pfffff.

3. Len

Just take my money…again.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@2 Same here. I’m really strapped at the moment honestly, and usually the games I buy through the sales languish in my library for ages before I fire them up – but hey – if I can get a decent deal for $5? Why the hell not! It will be there when I get time to play it and there’s always Ramen as a food option. :P

5. DSB

@4 Oh yeah, it just makes all the difference. Early on I had a few bad experiences where I bought something right before the Steam sale, and then it just got knocked way back.

I’m mostly thinking about the xmas one. That’s always such a blowout.

The only thing I might buy before then (or this one) is Far Cry 3 because it looks awesome.

6. GwynbleiddiuM

@DSB and Steph, I have this problem too, I bought the amazing Total War collection for 13 USD and I only downloaded Medieval: TW. Steam sales are good, but, let’s face it there are a lot of games I bought that I didn’t play properly this year, let alone those. I think I’d be content with only buying Hitman and Far Cry 3 and call it, for the year of course. :D

7. DarkElfa

I’m finally gonna buy Arkham City if it’s on sale.