Cliff Bleszinski being courted by Ubisoft – rumour

Wednesday, 14th November 2012 10:22 GMT By Dave Cook

This is an odd one. ex-Epic Games mouthpiece Cliff Bleszinski has been sent an odd package by Ubisoft, sparking speculation that he could be in talks with the publisher over whatever he decides to do next. Check out the package’s contents below.

Over on his Twitter, Bleszinski tweeted that he received a package at a hotel he was staying in. The contents were a shiny new phone with one number in the address book and a Ubisoft logo as its wallpaper.

Here’s the pic:

Bleszinski has made no secret that he has been touring many game publishers and studios following his departure from Epic.

Thanks El33tOnline.

Would you like to see Bleszinski at Ubisoft, or is he a poor fit?

1. Edo

It’s obvious that they are going to call him,so they can fix Assassin’s Creed 3 together.

2. Erthazus

Ubisoft is so cheap by sending a cheap phone :D

3. Iliad

If they really wanted to impress him they should have sent an iPhone 5 or Samsung SIII. Who the fuck is going to be impressed by a Blackberry?

4. NocturnalB

Who gives a flying monkey turd about what phone they sent. If they sent him some top end smartphone encrusted with jewels spelling out “Cliffy B” you’d be on a different bandwagon. I wouldn’t be impressed by what phone, but by the manner it was given. If any game company mailed you a phone like that to court you to come work for them you’d shit your pants.

I don’t know about Ubisoft, they seem to be trying to make big plays lately, hinting at wanting to buy THQ, courting Cliff. If Cliff does choose them they better let him make his own all new IP. Although i hope he does that no matter where he goes.

5. _LarZen_

Ubisoft is one of the world’s best gaming companies atm, with Bleszinski in their stable I can only imagine what magic they will make.

6. ManuOtaku

For a business man like him, blackberry is the perfect fit, thats the main target for those phones, samsumg and Iphone are more for the social applications, blakberry is good for business applications, therefore it makes sense, and i very good gift IMHO.

7. SameeR_Fisher

If they take him in, I hope he starts a whole new IP, I didn’t get to play Gears, so I hope that with Ubisoft the title will be on PS3 as well.

8. GwynbleiddiuM

Attempting to give a damn…
    failed!
    Damn not given.

9. Ali

Cliffy is overrated .

10. CPC_RedDawn

Man this guy literally has it made, he can just take his pick of who he wants to work for. I mean, the guy basically helped build the Unreal Engine (UE3 being one of the most over used engines ever!).

Although it will never happen, imagine if he joined up with Retro Studios and helped make the next Metroid game for Nintendo! LMAO never in a million years but it would be funny as hell.

11. TD_Monstrous69

I could believe that Cliff would join Ubisoft, seeing as how there are openings for senior staffers to work on WatchDogs. But again, Cliff is one of the games industry’s rock star’s, so in truth, he could go almost anywhere. Though what I can’t believe, that corporations still give their employees Blackberries as work phones. You’d think they’d be able to spring for an I-Phone or an Android smartphone, but nah. The rest of the world will be up to date, meanwhile, you’re still using a scroll bar to look through your e-mail on your Blackberry.

12. OlderGamer

Going to have to keep an eye on Cliffy, I really like this guy.

UBI grabing him would be two thumbs up from me.

But like everyone else, I think new IP is a must. Unlike everyone else, I think continuing to do new IP is a must. He will get bored if he has to keep making the same games(Gears of War, comes to mind), and he could end up leaving again.

I would hire him, pay him what he is worth, and sit back and let him do his thing. I think he is money in the bank.