Curiosity: Molyneux reveals release date, Apple submission successful

Wednesday, 31st October 2012 14:12 GMT By Dave Cook

Curiosity, the debut iOS game from Peter Molyneux’s studio 22 Cans has been given a final release date.

In a statement issued to VG247, Molyneux revealed the game’s official release:

“We have set the release date of 00:22 PST November 7th 2012 as the start of the greatest experiment in Curiosity the world has ever known. It was a real struggle getting it though Apple, mainly due to its uniqueness, but we are there. Thanks for remaining curious.”

VG247 recently interviewed Molyneux on the game and his career. Check it our here:

Peter Molyneux interview: how to make a great game.

1. Deacon

I completely fail to see the point of this ‘game’.

#1 1 year ago
  2. heyvc

The same here. I’m only curious to find out what the hell is happening inside Peter Monlyneux head.

‘Cause There is NO point in this ‘game’. He could be doing great games. :/

But maybe I’m wrong.. and this is the ‘BEST game evah’ o.O

#2 1 year ago
  3. Deacon

From what I understand this is more an experiment to see how much someone is willing to pay for… well… something. Testing curiosity, sure. But what is the overall point of it all? I would’ve thought analytics and statistics could answer the exact same question. Maybe I’m missing something.

#3 1 year ago
  4. MFBB

I read there is a DLC that can be purchased once for like 50.000 US$ or something like that.

Lets you get to the core very fast.

Gonne laugh so hard if that guy who buys that DLC gets some shitty message or a Fable Collection or whatever :)

I hope there is some crap like that in it, would be so funny.

#4 1 year ago
  5. viralshag

If this ‘game’ flops, which I think it will, I’m going to feel embarrassed for Peter more than anything else.

It seems like a complete waste of time and money – I have no idea if this is a free app or not. From the sounds of it, it should be.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Dave Cook

Saw the game running live at Eurogamer Expo. It’s very interesting. I know it all sounds like typical Molyneux shit-talking, but it’s intriguing. Hard to understand until you see it running though, granted.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Deacon

The app is free I believe, but people can pay to buy themselves higher quality ‘picks’, which break down multiple blocks at once. And yes, the ‘platinum pick’ or something will cost £32,000 or something stupid, clearing 1,000 blocks in one go (don’t quote me on those numbers).

Molyneux has said that whatever is in the middle is ‘life-changing’, and ‘absolutely amazing’.

Talking the talk just went to a whole new level.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Ireland Michael

Ads slap dab in the middle of articles?

Seriously?

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dave Cook

@8 It’s a temporary thing, we’re having them removed. Please bear with us :)

#9 1 year ago