Persona 4 Golden release date set for Europe – report

Sunday, 28th October 2012 22:41 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Persona 4 Golden and Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory have both been unofficially dated for European release, with The Witch and the Hundred Knights also flagged for a local launch.

Although official word is still just northern spring, Joystiq reports NIS America has quietly confirmed launch dates for both titles, which it is bringing across from the US.

Vita exclusive Persona 4 Golden arrives in the US on November 20 thanks to Atlus; the NIS representative said it should hit Europe on February 22.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, on the other hand, hasn’t received a US release date, but as NIS is handling both regions’ launch, we can probably expect it to land on both sides of the pond on the European release date of March 15. The parody RPG is a PlayStation 3 exclusive.

Apparently feeling chatty, NIS also told Joystiq that PS3 RPG The Witch and the Hundred Knights will probably come to Europe; a US release has been confirmed but not dated, and European confirmation is expected when the US releas eis locked down.

1. Hunam

So at one point Atlus were publishing NIS games… now NIS are publishing Atlus games in Europe? Funny how things end up.

2. Brenna Hillier

Well, Nippon Ichi Japan and NIS America are different entities. But it is nice and neat, isn’t it? Much love for NIS America, Atlus America, Rising Star, Ghostlight and XSEED for their efforts to bring JP games west.

3. Coheno

So Feb 22nd is the day I buy a Vita. Good to know in advance.

4. ManuOtaku

I have recently bought my vita and i will pick this one up, this and paper mario stickers are my most anticipated games this year on the handheld format.

Also this is not related to the topic, but is related to the vita, and because dragon ask my impressions on dokuro, i love the game it is a puzzler platformer game, like a mixture between ico (escrot a princess but doing it right not a core), and machinarium to some extent, it consist in chapters, if i may call it that way, each of this chapters consist on short stages like 10 per chapter, that you need to take the princess from point A to point B which is a flower at the end of the stage, which gives you the time you clear the stage, but going from point A to Point B is difficul because of the traps and that you need to keep your live check as well as the princess, but is not fustraiting, like the old escort missions games, it is very good, though you need to do hence and repeat it a couple of times, but if you look close enough and take your time, you can clear some stages in one play trough, it uses the touch panels, in front, and back in good ways, the art style i dig it, really like it overall, oh and i fogot to mention it has boss fights too, pretty good overall, for the 3 games i got for the vita it is the best, the other two being escape plan and uncharted.

Which it will bring me to other topic, uncharted, dont get me wrong is a great game, with great visuals, pretty great for a handheld, the best i seen so far, but i got the feeling i prefer to play this type of games on my console, rather than on my handheld, which was one of my main concerns prior getting one, great thing that there seems to be a good balance of games, i will mostly get this type of games, the ones like dokuro, escap plan, rather than uncharted or the console experience games on a handheld ones.

5. DrDamn

That’s what I thought about Uncharted on Vita – though clearly it’s been popular with owners. There’s the thing though. You ask people what they want from Vita and you lots of different answers, more original titles, more cinematic experiences, more small titles, less ports, more ports etc. It’s got to be tough balancing all those wants in the first year of release. The titles I’ve played most is Everybody’s Golf. Great little game and well suited to handheld play for me.

Hadn’t heard of Doruku – looks good, have to find out when it’s coming to EU.