Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package release date confirmed

Monday, 24th September 2012 17:35 GMT By Dave Cook

Saints Row: The Third – The Full Package delivers Volition’s full sandbox game plus every scrap of DLC every released and smears it lovingly onto one disc for you to enjoy. Better yet, publisher THQ has just dated the package.

The disc includes the vanilla-flavoured Saint’s Row: The Third game, plus three expansions; Genkibowl VII, Gangstas In Space, and The Trouble With Clones, as well as 30 additional DLC packs. It’s rather massive, and it hits Europe on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on November 9th.

THQ’s Kevin Kraff said in a statement, “The fans have asked for it, and with the Full Package, we are happy to deliver. With all the amazing and over-the-top DLC Volition created, the Full Package now stands as the definitive edition of Saints Row: The Third. For anyone that has yet to play this one-of-a-kind game, it’s time to strap it on.”

Who’s buying? Let us know below.

1. NeoSquall

A note for Dave.

Open World game != Sandbox game.

Examples:
    Sandbox: Terraria, Minecraft
    Open World: GTA, Saints Row.

2. The_Red

It get’s really technical because most open world games are sandboxes while a lot of sandbox games feature an open world. Terraria for example feels really open. Same goes for MineCraft. They may not feature a huge, open city but are still open world games in my opinion.

Of course there may be narrow exceptions. LA Noire for example did feature an open world but it had a narrow gameplay made of guided adventure, driving and shooting elements.

3. OlderGamer

Its really too bad that games didn’t launch with that level of content. I think if they did, rather then try and drag the content out and nickle/dime it games might be fairing better. I also think from now I may well just wait till said games gets bundled in with its dlc and released. My sons friend just came over with his xb360 and BF3 game. He bought premium, and I reminded him that he spent 110usd on BF3. He said he didn’t then we added it up, then said he didn’t care cause his mom paid for it. My son asked for premium then, I laughed and told him to get a job ;)

My point is that some folks will buy it and some folks will be turned away. In the long run, I think it turns more people off then on to gaming. Esp people that can’t just have their Mom buy Games+DLC for them.

So a game bundled with all DLC is a good thing.

4. ManuOtaku

#3 yep OG, and you save console memory space too. ;)

5. NeoSquall

@2 Actually Open World and Sandbox are part of the same genre, the difference is that Sandbox games feature an Open World scenario, but also give the player the tools to create content and little to no story mode.

It’s as simple as the names suggest.

@3 Good luck with the waiting game.
    I’m still pining for a Mass Effect 2 Ultimate Collection.

6. ManuOtaku

I dont agree with neither notion given at this topic, for me sandboxes are for cats to do their business ;)

7. ps3fanboy

have they ditched the game save protection?…. so i can backup my save files. if not i am not buying this game, i am not gonna spend hours gaming. then i get a corrupt hd or ps3 break down and i have to start all over.