PS3 Super Slim advert points to TGS reveal – report

Monday, 17th September 2012 14:41 GMT By Dave Cook

Sony’s long-rumoured PS3 Super Slim model could be getting officially revealed at TGS, according to an advert unearthed in a Polish trade newsletter.

Eurogamer reports – via TheSixthAxis – that a recent newsletter for Polish electronics store chain Media Expert featured a mysterious advert hinting at the reveal.

Polish site Polygamia made the discovery, and posted a photo of the advert:

Eurogamer added that the September 28th date listed on the advert follows Sony’s TGS conference that kicks off on Wednesday September 26th at 5am GMT. This suggests that Sony could follow in Apple’s footsteps by announcing the PS3 Super Slim at TGS and then selling it just days later.

The going rumour is that PS3 Super Slim consoles will come in two flavours – one at 12GB for ā‚¬199 and a 500GB model at ā‚¬299.

Thanks again Eurogamer.

1. Dragon246

A good time to release it, definitely.

2. SlayerGT

Bring on the price drop!

3. MadFlavour

How soon after announcing it are they likely to release it?

Also, does anyone know if the 15GB model will be upgradeable?

4. SlayerGT

@3 if I had to guess id say it will be HDD swappable. But since it is a redesign of the hardware its possible they’ll abandon it. I’d like to doubt it. I think all of the hardware makers should allow for it. Look at WiiU. Giving just enough storage so developers can plan for a minimum and allow for upgrading.

5. OlderGamer

What does that price equal in USD?

I was hoping for a 100usd ssps3, would make for a great BR/Netflix player at that price. I mean a controler runs 50/60usd, get the whole system for 40/50more. But if the system is retailing for 200usd or more…I just don’t see the point.

6. mrmike2012

299 euros is like 314 dollars (I think) and 199 euros is like 260 dollars (I think), not saving that much if my math is correct.

7. NightCrawler1970

@6, 299 euro’s = 391.79 US dollars..
    last one is correct…

Source: http://www.xe.com/u

And don’t forget the local sale taxes… each US state is difference…

8. NightCrawler1970

@4, so, there is no way to hookup a External HDD formatted in FAT32 in partitions(games), (movies), (music), and istalling games from Blue-ray example GTA 5 to External HDD???

I hope it gonna work, but i have to wait it out first, if it’s possible to install any game even Downloadable games can installed on a Externe HDD..
    than i go for the cheaper one.

and than add this bitch on it, you gain 500GB more and it cost 99,- smackaroos…

9. mrmike2012

These prices can’t be right, why the hell would anyone pay 260 for a 12gb PS3 when they can get 320gb 250? I think we should wait until TGS. I think you guys may have jump the gun by trying to post this info first.