NiGHTS HD, Sonic Adventure 2 HD dated, DLC incoming

Monday, 17th September 2012 17:12 GMT By Dave Cook

NiGHTS Into Dreams HD and Sonic Adventure 2 HD are heading to Xbox Live Arcade and PSN next month, Sega has confirmed. Both games will also receive DLC.

Both titles will cost £6.49/800 MS Points each and will launch on PSN in America October 2nd and on October 3rd across Europe, while Xbox 360 gamers worldwide will receive them on October 5th.

NiGHTS will receive the Christmas NiGHTS expansion DLC for free, while Sonic Adventure 2 will receive Battle Mode DLC for £1.84/240 MS Points.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. dreamcastnews

So again, the Sonic game isn’t actually the Dreamcast version if it’s got the battle mode -_-

2. aseddon130

I’m pretty sure they have never said ‘dreamcast versions’ have they? SA2 is basically a remake of a game that debuted on the DC. Plus it’s an optional extra, you don’t have to buy it do ya?

They are both bad games, Sonic should stick to 2D forever, he never worked in 3D.

3. bitsnark

I wonder also if SEGA have worked out how to upscale a Sonic Adventure title from 4:3 too…

4. dreamcastnews

Yeah mate the first batch (Sonic Adventure, Crazy Taxi, Sega Bass) were ‘Dreamcast’ Classics, safe assumption they’d try and package this as the DC version rather than the GC one. SA1 & 2 were actually regarded as the best 3D Sonic games.

I don’t have to buy it? Phew! I’ll just put my wallet away, then.

5. OlderGamer

I think Ima grab Nights, gonna wait for a demo tho.

6. OlderGamer

Would enjoy playing a Panzer Dragoon HD collection. And of course PSOv2 HD collection as well(something like the PSOBlue Burst I am currently enjoying on PC)(would be great if it was offline w/4player splitscreen).