Wii U: Nintendo gives release details for Japan, US and EU

Thursday, 13th September 2012 07:28 GMT By Staff

Just months ahead of the console’s international launch, Nintendo has announced the Wii U’s release date, price and launch software line-up.

Wii U’s Launch

Console launches on December 8 in Japan; on November 18 in the US; and November 30 in the EU and Australia.

Will come in two bundles, Basic and Premium.

Basic includes a white console with 8GB of memory, white Game Pad, AC adapter and HDMI cable for ¥26,250. It’ll cost $299 in the US and AU$349.95 in Australia.

Premium includes a black console with 32 GB of memory, black Game Pad, AC adapter, HDMI cable, a console stand, a Game Pad dock, and a Nintendo Network Premium subscription through December 2014 for ¥31,500. It’s $349 in the US and AU$429.95 in Australia.

European pricing wasn’t confirmed: Nintendo said to check with local retailers.

Launch and “launch window” software has been fully detailed.

The biggest software hit is Bayonetta 2. Although undated, it’s a Wii U exclusive.

Nintendo today confirmed Wii U’s launch dates, software line-up and global pricing in a string of Nintendo Direct webcasts.

The console hits Japan on December 8. It will launch on November 18 in the US and November 30 in Europe.

The console will come in a couple of bundles – a Basic and Premium set. Basic has a white console and Game Pad, along with 8 GB harddrive. The black Premium set comes with a 32 GB hard drive, stands and docks, and Nintendo Network Premium.

Nintendo Network Premium offers 10% off software purchases and rewards players with points for buying games. The bundled subscription lasts through December 2014.

The Premium bundle will cost ¥31,500 in Japan and $349 in the US. It’ll cost AU$429.95 in Australia

The Basic set will cost ¥26,250 in Japan, $299 in the US and AU$349.95 in Australia. Both bundles include an HDMI adapter and basic AC adapter.

Nintendo didn’t confirm EU launch pricing, saying instead that consumers should check with local retailers. UK retailers are going with prices ranging from £210-£280.

On the accessory side, Nintendo will offer the Pro Controller in black and white, five colours of Wii Mote, three colours of Nunchuk, a console stand, a Game Pad dock, and a Game Pad stand. Game Pads will come in white and black, and cost ¥13,440 in an AC adapter dock set.

Launch and “launch window” software was fully confirmed. New Super Mario Bros. Wii U, Rayman Legends, ZombiU (and Premium ZombiU bundle), FIFA 13, Mass Effect 3 and Nintendo Land will lead the console’s launch line-up.

Nintendo dropped a major surprise by confirming Bayonetta 2 as a Wii U exclusive. A short trailer was shown, but there was no date on the game.

It was confirmed that Pikmin 3 will launch in 2013. Black Ops 2 was also confirmed as coming to the machine. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will launch in the US and EU for Wii U next March.

Specs revealed: almost

Nintendo also went further into Wii U’s hardware specs today, but fell short of confirming CPU and GPU details.

The system is capable of outputting at up to 1080p resolution; it’s Nintendo’s first HD effort.

Wii U will have 1 GB of system memory and 1GB of game memory for 2GB total, allowing for smooth transitions between games and menus.

The console uses 75 watts of power, he revealed, but just 45 watts in power save mode. It measures 46 mm x 172 mm x 268.5 mm in the horizontal position.

As previously announced, it will support the Wii Mote, steering wheel and Balance Board as well as Wii software, Virtual Console and WiiWare.

The Game Pad features a touchscreen, speakers, gyroscope and cameras.

Nintendo Japan talked up MiiVerse, Nintendo’s extended social network, which company president Satoru Iwata hopes will bring people together and will interface with games.

Wii U was first announced under the codename Project Cafe just prior to E3 2011, where it was given a proper debut, named, and shown off with a The Legend of Zelda tech demo, and third party support. The Big N then went almost silent on it until the Las Vegas Consumer Show and more overtly at E3 2012, confirming extensive third-party support, and introducing overhauled and renamed GamePad and Pro Controller.

1. Fin

Cheaper than I expected (30,000 for a premium version of something? that’s like £240), though its late launch (was it Dec 9?) makes me think it’s unlikely we’ll see it in Europe before next year. Given previous form, Nintendo loves fucking us over.

2. xino

this is completely retarded!

the WIi U is DEAD on arrival.

Nintendo seems to be missing the fact that 7th gen is old now.
    And they are starting with £200. It should be £170 for basic and £200 for premium.

PS3 and Xbox price will be reduced probably this holiday coming up.

8gb and 32gb!? wtf? are they taking a piss? trying to pull a Microsoft garbage hdd advantage? will there be any game installations?

bring it to Euro Gamer Expo and let us decide if this is a failure or not

3. Patrick Garratt

Still sinking in, but yeah. It does appear to be a little on the steep side.

4. Patrick Garratt

Actually, is it? I bet the next gen MS and Sony boxes are a damn sight more expensive than that.

5. Beta

Not as expensive as I was expecting to be honest. If I have a good year I might pick one up :)

Never bought a wii so if it’s backwards compatible all the better.

6. Patrick Garratt

It’s pretty cheap! As a launch box goes it’s really not that bad. It’s the cost of the controller that’s causing a few eyebrows, I think.

7. freedoms_stain

The Premium price is about what I thought it would sell for before I knew there would be 2 models.

Although they’ve massively ramped up on onboard storage compared to the Wii… 32GB is nothing in today’s market. Patches, dlc, installing to hard drive (if applicable) downloadable titles, downloadable media – they all take up space, and anyone who had a 20GB xbox knows that it goes fast.

A second gamepad comes in at ~£100? That is pretty steep, but then I think we expected that. Whether or not a second or multiple Gamepads are worth having over Wii controllers and/or pro controllers depends on how the screens are implemented in the games I suppose.

8. viralshag

Well I bet by the time the next gen consoles ( no offense to the WiiU but I don’t think it’s a next gen console) hit the market this will be the best priced. Maybe they hope to be the cheaper option in comparison to the next Xbox and PS, how many Wii owners were bothered about the graphics then? How many will be bothered now?

9. Patrick Garratt

The memory thing’s interesting, because I think it shows they’re not trying to be a media system in the same way as Xbox/PlayStation. It’s purely for games. I have a 20Gb PS3 and I can’t use it for media at all, but it’s fine for games (provided you’re not forced to install them). I reckon 32Gb for non-media use is probably OK.

10. Erthazus

@Pat, 32 gb is just the start after few years there will be 100+ GB
    Original PS3 and Xbox 360 had not a lot of space too.

—–

WiiU Gamepad with no multitouch and bad resolution screen costs $172 in Japan.

Nintendo is fucking nuts. That thing does not even have it’s own processor. It’s just a kitchen sink with adapters, sticks and the worst touch screen in 2012 year. That thing cost 40+ USD to manufacture at best.

To buy this console for me there must be 7+ MUST HAVE hardcore titles. Not some… Nintendoland, NSMBU with 3rd party Ports.

P.S. You can have for that price Google NEXUS 7. A real tablet with it’s own proprietary memory, processors, adapters, OS, 1280×800 WXGA resolution and 16m colors and 416 MHz twelve-core Nvidia GeForce.

I hope it’s dead on arrival. I have faith in humanity.

11. DrDamn

8Gb/32Gb Harddrive? Do people even make them anymore? Got to be SSD surely. Both massively too small too. Unless rumours of being able to use USB drives is true then this shows Nintendo don’t understand the digital market at all.

12. DrDamn

Price wise not so bad but Japanese prices converted are normally less than actual US/Euro prices aren’t they? Gamepad at £100-ish is entirely what I predicted. Was never really going to be much less even if it is effectively just a dumb terminal. December release is a bit later than I expected for Japan. Euro release this year better still be on.

13. Christopher Jack

@9, No way would it cost any where near $40 to manufacture.

$70 7″ Android tablet. Similar size, similar resolution, both with cameras but there’s no denying that other than the lack of gaming buttons, the cheap Chinese piece of shit that calls itself a tablet has more features

14. DrDamn

Edit: Having trouble posting – sorry if duplicate.

15. Fin

Cheaper than I was expecting, but Nintendo’ll probably raise it to £300/€330+ for Europe, cos they love fucking us over.
    With the launch so late in the year, I’d be surprised to see it launch in Europe before 2013.

16. DrDamn

Can’t seem to post?

Edit: Well that worked. Not sure what was wrong will try editing bit by bit.

And I’m done /

17. Erthazus

@10, yeah, i’m wrong. It costs much less than 40$ in production for each unit.

18. dreamcastnews

Actually that’s a real decent price, the ram is massive for this kind of console, the CPU I would imagine is more power friendly than the 6 year old consoles that all you guys are so keen to compare it to, I want to play Nintendo games in HD….. Is this a HD console? Yes. Does it come with an HDMI cable? Yes. Does it have everything I need to play from day one? Yes.

I don’t understand why people see the need to compare the tablet to other ‘actual’ tablets on the market? If you’re buying a Wii U for a tablet that you can treat like an iPad or Galaxy Tab you’re shit out of luck, this is a game console…. When did we lose sight of that?

Nintendo games I’d hope won’t need the almost weekly patches that PS3 and 360 games need even if they do patches don’t take up that much memory.

Everyone knew when Nintendo turned up with a new console that it wasn’t going to be as powerful as the next MS/Sony machines but this generation of hardware still has some mighty fine games…. What’s the big uproar about?

19. Erthazus

Wii U SPECS. This thing have Direct X10, 1 GB of Ram. Shows just how powerfull 360 and PS3 are with Direct X9 and 512 ram (PS3 with 256). Ahahaha. 10 year life cycle FTW.

CPU:

“Espresso” CPU on the Wii U has three enhanced Broadway cores

GPU:

“GPU7″ AMD Radeon™-based High Definition GPU. Unique API = GX2, which supports Shader Model 4.0 (DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3 equivalent functionality)

Memory:

Mem1 = 32MB Mem2 = 1GB (that applications can use)

20. Patrick Garratt

I’m totally buying one. It’s half the price of an iPhone 5.

21. Christopher Jack

@13, Price for capability. I always think from that logical point of view towards Nintendo as I have very little nostalgic connections to them other than Pokemon- which hasn’t seen a respectful home console game since the N64.

@Pat, seriously dude, I’d assume that only the super rich would be willing to pay that price for just a phone. Us normal people would have to either blow a weeks wage & play catch up or simply get it on a plan.

22. dreamcastnews

@14 isn’t it the games that matter….?

23. DrDamn

Erths point about the tablet comparison was about price. Nintendo will justify the Gamepad price at £100-ish by saying it’s got a screen, but you can get better tech with dedicated CPU, memory, GPU for similar price. The WiiU pad is just a screen – it displays what is passed to it by the WiiU – it doesn’t even do the processing to create the image itself.

24. dreamcastnews

@16 I intend to play all of Nintendo’s key franchises in HD for the price of the hardware I think it’s quite fair for something I haven’t seen before.

I totally understand it isn’t for everyone and most that feel the need to comment here weren’t going to buy one anyway.

25. Erthazus

@14, ofc. Games always matter but price for that hardware that plays games matter at the same time.

26. Christopher Jack

@17, Of course, but you’re going to pay a premium for a weaker machine just to access Nintendo exclusives- not necessarily a bad thing unless you don’t like Mario & Zelda.

27. dreamcastnews

@18 it’s like saying my Dual Shock 3 is £40, but my Megadrive pad is £3 ….. They are the same input method but totally different things? A tablet isn’t a Wii U controller, a Wii U controller isn’t a tablet. Although they may ‘do’ similar things and cost wildly different prices it’s quite a harsh comparison.

28. dreamcastnews

@20 but it isn’t really that much, £200/£250 was exactly where I expected it to be, the Wii launched at £179.99 so I thought worst case it’d be £279.99 by that logic, it comes down to how much you can see you want to play in the future on Wii U I figure.

Mario
    Zelda
    Metroid
    Animal Crossing
    Monolith’s titles
    Donkey Kong
    Kirby
    Monster Hunter

I’m in for all these….

29. DrDamn

Interesting point of reference. Wii Launch price in Japan Y25,000, in US $250, in UK £180, Euro E260. However at that time Y25,000 was equivalent to ~$210.

So how much quite big changes in currency rate affect international prices will be quite interesting.

30. Patrick Garratt

Seriously, it’s cheap. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the basic MS/Sony next-gen packs are £500 for the box, a single controller and two games.

31. Jeff Dunn

Price is fine. No, the Wii U isn’t a powerhouse, but it’s not like it’s garbage either. As the starting point for a next-gen system, it’s actually pretty remarkable.

Still, unless you’re *really* looking forward to Pikmin or ZombiU, I don’t see any reason to pick it up on day one just yet.

32. DrDamn

Well kind of – except here the more expensive one has worse tech. As I mentioned above I fully expected extra pads to retail at about that. Standard pads got for £30-£40 so a pad with a screen is going to go for £100. In general accessories are massively over priced for what you get, but it’s part of the overall cost. I’m never likely to buy an extra gamepad anyway. The comparison with tablets is interesting nonetheless.

33. manamana

@15 oh, the irony :-D

249€ and 299€ is a reasonable pricepoint, imo. And no consumer will ever hear the moaning of the core/forum-users. They will see a nintendo Hd console under their christmas trees. Or an iPhone5.

34. dreamcastnews

@26 that’s a fair and balanced comment I think

I think everyone should at least keep an eye on it, it seems a trend for consoles to have a weak launch lineup these days, for me Pikmin 3 and Mario are my two for launch but I’d like to see more of whats coming later down the line too.

35. DrDamn

Oh another interesting point – if you want black you have to go premium.

36. viralshag

That’s it. I don’t think this will be a day one for a lot of people, I can see it being bit of a slow burner, 3DS style.

The fact it will be releasing with games you can already get if you own a 360 or PS3 might make people think “why bother?”

It will start shifting when there’s enough Ninty brands in HD available.

37. dreamcastnews

@27 I certainly won’t be buying an extra tab for mine either, I’ll rely on friends owning the console and bringing theirs over….

Not that I do a lot of in house multiplayer these days anyway :/

38. dreamcastnews

@31 they have the price just right, now they need to do what they did with 3DS and pull some software out of the bag, I’d maybe like to see a couple of Wii games recoded into proper HD …..

39. viralshag

@33, Do you really think that’s the right strategy though? Re-releasing Wii games in HD? I can’t see the immediate draw of this but that might be because I’m not a Nintendo fan.

I have a feeling the sales of the WiiU will be more in line with other consoles this time around. I will be amazed if Ninty can pull off another Wii in terms of runaway sales. Fair play if they can.

40. dreamcastnews

I have no doubts it won’t as successful, but as long as we don’t have another Gamecube on our hands I’m sure it’ll be fine.

I would like to see some games remastered for those who missed them the first time around, there are some good games on Wii that were overlooked because of the lack of graphical prowess.

41. Gadzooks!

The headline news here is having a full 1GB for games plus 1GB for system memory. That’s a massive improvement over PS3/360 and is going have a huge impact on how smooth and loading screen-free games will be.

What is crippling current gen games is not horsepower, it’s all down to memory management.

If we can pick up a premium+game bundle for £250 then it’s going to utterly dominate at Christmas.

I’m definitely in.

42. DrDamn

Would be nice to see some reworked for a more standard controller too.

43. monkeygourmet

Man, i guess you all broke!

This seems like a fine price to me, actually was thinking £299.99 for launch…

Looks like i’ll be able to pick up a few more games aswell now, especially as most retailers will start to do package deals.

£200 was never going to happen, for new tech.

44. Moonwalker1982

So this will be the price in Europe too?

45. DrDamn

No. European details announced later. See @24 for a reference point when exchange rates were a lot more favourable.

I think we are probably looking at $300/$350 for US, £250/£300 for UK maybe. If they can go closer to $250/$300 and £200/£250 then that would be very good.

46. Fin

Surprised how low the price is, though presumably ~£250 in yen will equate to ~£300 over here.
    Launching so late in the year in Japan, we’ll probably see a US version around Black Friday, might not see it in Europe till Q1 2013.

47. dreamcastnews

I get the feeling we are going to be stung by the price come 3PM :/

48. viralshag

I don’t think the price is that low tbh. I believe someone else mentioned it but if you look at what else is available this is now the most expensive console on the market and the game shelf will, for the most part, contain the same games as the other two consoles. Not including Ninty brand HD games, obviously.

Edit: Come Christmas if you are looking for a console, why would you go with the now-expensive WiiU over a cheaper PS3 or 360 with a huge library. As always, it’s going to be dependant on the games. They need to get some popular headline games available for bundles.

49. Ali

Nintendo should either try hard to win over all the not so high profile European developers on their sides or this will officially be their last console.

50. Fin

Hang on, is there no expandable storage?

51. TFPtMaster

You can’t make a direct conversion of the price. As always the price will be higher in EU and US.

52. DrDamn

Yeah. Though it’s not simply convert and add X%. They will be trying to hit key price points like $249 somehow.

53. dreamcastnews

I wouldn’t buy into PS3 or 360 for my kids this late into their cycle, I’d sooner buyer a machine with 5+ years of proper releases.

54. CyberMarco

So, this console will release with a minimum price tag of 250€ (hopefully), pitiful internal storage (not expandable?) and a weak line-up, whereas you can buy NOW a PS3 (320gb) for less than 230€ and an Xbox 360 (250gb) for 200€, plus all the massive available library where you can find great games starting from 20€ and an already established online community. It sports a 5-7 years old hardware, an overpriced tablet-controller (as previously noted in the comments) and most of the announced games are already released on the PS360. Not to mention that by the time WiiU is released the price of the competitors will be reduced. Yeah, nice deal… not!

55. dreamcastnews

@49 again, it’s relative to the games you want to play…

I own a 360 for Halo, Forza, XBLA….

I own a PS3 for Heavy Rain, Uncharted, MGS etc….

I want a Wii U because of HD Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK etc….

You can’t buy those games on other systems….

56. viralshag

@48, That’s your choice of course but as #49 stated most of the already announced games, and I imagine while this gen is still kicking, the majority of future games will be the same as the 360 and PS3.

I don’t see £250 as a good deal to get a handful of decent games based on the Ninty franchises.

Edit: Just saw the #50 post. That’s fair enough then.

57. DrDamn

PS3 and 360 prices have incoming price drops I think. Sale prices for PS3/320Gb and 360/250Gb are currently around the £175/£180 mark in the UK. However @50 it’s also about Wii-U offering something different. There is a market of people ready and wanting something new – even if technically it’s not much better in some respects than what they have, it does offer something different.

58. Moonwalker1982

I doubt 8GB is enough. But for starters it would be alright, but surely a new HDD with more GB’s can be bought and inserted?

Maybe i will eventually buy one, when there’s a brand new 3D Mario and Zelda. And hopefully some new IP’s in due time. But for New Mario Bros U and Pikmin alone? Nah.

I’m not too good when it comes to specs…but how much better than current consoles is it?

59. Christopher Jack

I’ll probably skip next gen altogether & stick to PC,cheaper with better quality & far more features. Sure I’ll miss out on a few quality AAA games but I’m not shelving out over $300 to access them.

60. CyberMarco

Well, at least for me, I’m not so keen in buying a new console for only 5-6 Nintendo’s exclusive franchises, and who knows if they will be launch titles. I’m not saying that Mario and Zelda are bad, I like them a lot, I own a NES, GBC, GBAsp, Wii (and probably buying a DS or 3DS later) but what I expect from a console is a whole experience from gaming to multimedia etc. As of now it’s not the best time to jump on the WiiU wagon, same thing applies (for me) for ps4/xbox720. Tell you the truth, I’m just buying a PS3 myself now, as I think that this is the most convenient time, money wise, to buy it.

61. DrDamn

On the storage thing. 8Gb is great for an entry system where it’ll just be used for saves. 32Gb is not good for everyone else. That will get eaten up in a couple of games and some demos.

I want to go digital as far as I possibly can with any future systems I buy. I’ll offset the extra cost by simply buying less games, just love having a games catalog there and available at all times. 32Gb is not gonna cut it.

62. dreamcastnews

Personally, I just want a games console that plays games; decent exclusive games. I don’t want Facebook & Twitter integration, I don’t want Blu Ray or HD DVD. Hell, I don’t even care for music playback – I have a PC that does this, I have a Blu Ray player for this, I have a phone for this.

Why do we need 10 television boxes that do the same thing? The Wii only played games and never once did I think ‘I’d love to put a Blu Ray in this, or maybe I’ll rent a movie on my Wii tonight – people just don’t buy Nintendo machines for this purpose the shoe just doesn’t fit.

If the general thinking here is waiting for ‘exciting new games’ I have some news for you – it isn’t going to be the paradise of new IP we all want from the industry, it will just be beefed up versions of the same games we all play and buy in the bucket load. Nintendo are no different but at least this will be their first machine in HD – it’s new, it hasn’t been done… I for one, am interested in what HD, detailed worlds Nintendo can produce for the first time – for this Nintendo doesn’t need mass power, just colourful palettes and escapist story telling.

Give it a chance folks, it’s a ‘.5′ generation machine, almost like the Dreamcast and as we all know, that machine produced some of the most exciting exclusive content and richly vibrant worlds that were rarely replicated on rival systems.

63. monkeygourmet

Couldn’t agree more.

Bit worried about the lack of news regarding Nintendoland…

Mind you Wii Sports wasn’t included with the Wii in Japan so hopefully thats why.

I would hope it’s included in europe / US though. I wouldn’t really want to fork out £39.99 for that as well…

64. CyberMarco

As it seems, we share different (and equals) opinions on this topic. It’s not necessary bad, but in the end everyone is hoping that this (and every) console is able to satisfy our wishes. Me too, hope that this console will bring new and innovative ways to the gaming entertainment as a whole. :)

65. DrDamn

Something else I’ve just spotted. No Wii sensor bar? So if you don’t have a Wii and want to play Wii games then you need more than a Wii-mote.

66. CyberMarco

@60 Nintendo will be offering a Wii bundle pack which consists of a Wiimote, Nunchuk, and sensor bar for ¥5,250 ($67)

67. DrDamn

Ok thanks – presumably Wii sensor bars are still compatible, so third party one of those + maybe second hand Wii-mote would be a cheap option.

68. lexph3re

@57 Your really over justifying the specs of the Wii U. Its almost like your trying to convince yourself this is a good deal. The Wii U is a late entry on what technology has advanced to. Technology is about connectivity and functionality saying the tech doesn’t need that but require equivalent entry price as existing tech is pretty bland.

Nintendo has already promised that the system will support hardcore and casual alike meaning it has to offer to both flat out. An 8gb hdd doesn’t leave much convincing that they are going to adopt the conviency of digital distribution. And if they leave the HDD to proprietary means it leaves the question how much more will higher formats of memory cost. You have to remember this is a home console not a tablet/handheld device it is expected to be able to house large amounts of data. Especially if it will be compatible with 3ds.

New tech should always offer new things.

69. monkeygourmet

Yes, it’s old technology, and the price is similar to an Xbox 360 and Kinect bundle…

What’s the problem?

It’s not like there charging 399 or anything…

70. OlderGamer

Well, a tad more then I would have liked, assuming it is 300usd/350usd. But I think I will preorder the premium one.

I do have a couple of questions:

Does the Nintendo premium service have a fee?

Can we buy more HDD space?

Will we be able to migrate our VC/WiiWare purchases? A Nintendo rep told me yes on the phone earlier this summer(long story).

If so, how?

71. DrDamn

@OG
    Nintendo premium service is included in the Premium model and runs until Dec 2014. Currently there seems to be no other way to get it.

72. ManuOtaku

I like the price point and it is in the line with what i was expecting, pretty fair for the technology under the hood, now the only quirk i have is the no nintendoland announcement bundle, i think that will make a great plus value on the price, and it will give a good example and or it will demostrate the new assymetric gameplay style this console will try to achive, i think they should consider this, also i hope we can save the games we purchase on external memory SD or something on those lines, if thats the case 32GB is enough for me, i only use consoles for gaming purposses, but i will grant there will be people that will use it for the other multimedia purposses.

OG i have the same questions, i have a few games over two wiis i wonder how i can put those virtual games on the WiiU?, and how the premium service will work?

73. silkvg247

@64 The 360 has 5-6 years worth of releases behind it. If it were to be released today with 4 or 5 titles and current specs, it’d fail.

Here’s my fairly unbiased opinion (since I own a ps3,360,wii,ds,psp,pc)

I honestly can’t see who their target market is.

If we look at some demographics..

* Hardcore gamer
    No. waiting for next gen, or moved to PC

* Casual gamer
    No. Still happy with wii, plenty to keep them entertained, and not a big enough gamer to pay > £200

* Nintendo fan
    Yes. Loves mario, zelda, pikmin, wants the console that has these games.

* Fitness person
    No. Bought into the wii fit thing. has no reason whatsoever to upgrade their machine.

* Busy parent
    Unlikely. Wants to use the TV and kid wants to play – apparently a selling point of Wii U. But the kid would already have a handheld or upstairs bedroom console/tv I am sure.

So are they perhaps hoping that there are enough fans out there to make this succeed? The only reason the wii did so great was pricepoint and simplicity – turning people into gamers who would normally not touch it.

I can’t see that market wanting to upgrade to something that looks a bit clunky and costs over 200 quid for the sake of sharper visuals. They’re not gamers, they likely don’t care or haven’t noticed graphics quality.

I think the only way the console will succeed if they sell it at a loss, and spend a tonne of money getting real promoters out there showing what it is because I can tell for sure most non gamer people will be baffled by the new controller.

74. monkeygourmet

It’s sad your trying to develop games yet don’t see the potential the pad has.

Oh well…

Are you expecting this to tank at that price considering its about the perfect price point for a ‘main’ present at Xmas?

75. ManuOtaku

#68 silk pretty fair questions and points, i think avid gamers will get it, and casuals too, because they are turning into more avid gamers with this gen, therefore they will get it, especially when they see they cannot get new games on the wii only on the WiiU, therefore i think they will make the transition, because they will use almost all previous periferals with this console, so i think it will do good on both fronts, and the price is pretty attractive, but i could be wrong, i think they should bundle nintendoland with all SKU, just to give an extra added value.

76. DrDamn

Silkvg247 didn’t say they couldn’t see the potential – and in fact your points sums up what they were actually saying quite succinctly. At the moment the pad is all about the potential, not the actual. Their point was that the pad will baffle people. There needs to be a Wii Sports – something which sells the machine and potential by clearly demonstrating it in a way people will understand.

77. YoungZer0

And i thought the price of the iPhone 5 was a joke.

78. manamana

^ because it’s the same as every year?

79. YoungZer0

@73: Uh, good one.

80. lexph3re

Its not that she can’t “see” the potential. She has very legitimate claims towards the device.

A lot of people act like the ps360 can’t play games and preform multimedia functionalities. The Wii U should be more than capable of appealing to these needs without compromising overall gameplay values.

Right now without word on the HDD format it leaves a lot to be desires. We aren’t living in super simple tmes like snes/64/cube we are capable of more and that is something to always be on our minds. Usually the OS consumes around 1-1.5Gb of system data so if Wii Us system saves are that much your left with 6.5-7gb left.

I know mario games don’t usually go bigger then a gb but what about indie games that are 2-5gbs big 1 game can consume the HDD.

81. viralshag

@69, How is this a perfect price for a gift when it offers very little to a new console purchaser?

It’s only a good price to an avid Nintendo fan, like Silk said. If you’re out looking to buy a console as a gift I think either of the other consoles would be considered a much better purchase as for the same price you could get one hell of a deal on a bundle.

82. OlderGamer

One thing that I think is being over looked:

And that is the amount of current gamers that are tired of this gen. There are million of people just aching for something new. And those people aren’t worried about tech specs. I don’t even think those people are worried about “Core” games. They have those already. Those are what they have grown tired of.

I am not picking on anyone. And am not trying to put words into anyones mouth. But lets take Mike(Mr Ireland), he used to be a big console gamer, he owns all of the systems. I used to play XBLA games with him and BF games with him. You know what he spends most of his game time on now? Mobile games.

You know how much I see DSB, Viral, Silk, and many many others from this site on my PC? Lots.

Pat runs a dedicated video game website, is not a big Nintendo fan, but he is excited about playing on a WiiU.

Why?

Because these people(and millions more just like them) are just tired of playing the same current line up of consoles games.

I am not saying WiiU will save gaming or anything. Not even saying gaming needs saving. Just saying that a lot of gamers need a change. If Nintendo keeps the price inline(they have), if Nintendo allows you to get online(they do), if Nintendo offers HD(they do, even include a HDMI cable), if Nintendo offers a unique, yet fun way of interacting/playing games(they do, with the WiiU controler, and Nintendo backs all of that up with quality 1st party games(they will) I don’t see any reason to think it will fail.

I think gaming has changed a lot scince the start of this gen. I think the market has diversified. Consoles are great, but I think there are huge numbers of gamers that are more open to playing less “traditional core” titles. I know I just want to have a fresh and fun game experience.

I really don’t care about tech specs at all. I don’t care if Acti or EA fully back WiiU(I am worn out on the same steady stream and yearly rehashes they offer anyways). I just want to sit down, turn the thing on … and smile. And I bet a lot of other folks want to smile too.

83. silkvg247

@69 I am a gamer and a dev, so I personally do see potential – I mean I’ve already thought of a xray game where you see naked chicks but somehow doubt it’d be allowed on their store. Anyhow, I was just trying too picture how it looks from other people’s point of view. I wish them the best!

As for Xmas prezzies, I was brought up differently so I missed that viewpoint. My parents brought us up with like £30-£40 presents each birthday / Christmas, we never had consoles until we were out working and bought them ourselves! I’m not moaning, quite happy I was brought up knowing the value of money.

Sure, it could do well due to being released pre Xmas, and no real competitors. But you still have to consider the demographics.. my list remains as it was before really. I’m not sure how well the console is going to be advertised, but if it comes across in prime time TV slots in a way that entices kids to nag their parents then yeah, the “kid getting a big xmas prezzie” is probably a “yes”.

84. YoungZer0

@77: Sure people are tired of the current gen. But if the Wii has proven anything, it’s that a gimmick is not going to change that.

85. monkeygourmet

Man… So called ‘gamers’ on this site can be completly up their own arses…

The first wave (at christmas i might add), will be for Nintendo fans and families at Christmas.

Everyone complaining here wasn’t going to get one on launch, your still all spouting the same shit since we’ve heard about the console… underpowered etc… etc…

Once the games start coming, then people may change their minds.

Once Nintendo’s crazy effective marketing kicks off at crimbo, this thing will shift a bunch, believe me.

It may not be the kind of people you ‘want’ playing games, but if your having fun, who the fuck cares?!

I for one can’t wait for some 5 player couch co-op and multiplayer over christmas with my family.

I’ll also be enjoying Borderlands 2 and Halo 4…

If it was about specs and pure gamer cred, the Vita would be selling a shit ton. Guess what, it’s struggling badly even though it is the best handhold console yet created.

You all sound like dinosaurs with your complaining.

Old peripherals work, so do Wii games (parents love this), you couldn’t say the about PS2 to PS3 etc…

New Mario (always sells)

Tablet control for a main gaming machine is new and offers loads of potential, as much as people argue it’s not.

This is enough to start them off and there’s lots more i haven’t listed.

Wait for Monster Hunter next year (you know its coming), and Dragons Quest.

Nintendo will own Japan once again.

You may not like it, and it may not be to your tastes, but that doesn’t mean it won’t sell a shit load at this price…

86. monkeygourmet

Have you not heard of bright house or HP?

Not great but the Kyle lovers will find away to get there kids a Wii U believe me.

87. OlderGamer

YoungZ, I don’t follow you.

If your trying to say the Wii didn’t sell or it failed, thats wrong. The Wii, and its 1st party exlcusives outsold the other platforms and their 1st party exclusives.

Also, easy on the gimmick talk. I remember playing Nights(Sega Saturn) and being told that the anolog thumb stick was just a gimmick. Sure the WiiU has a tablet type controler. But don’t be shocked if the next systems from MS and Sony have a second screen as well. Infact PSP already, sorta did that. And so did Dreamcast VMUs(altho not touch screens). Sometimes gimick = inovation.

88. DrDamn

Like what I said in @52 only without swathes of text ;)

89. lexph3re

Monkey nothing you said is coherent with the complaints/criticism the device is getting. Its about what can this device truely offer.

OG saying we need a new system thag is only cosmetically new isn’t a new system. Its old with new skin how wilk that change their drought? To be honest they may just be goin through gamer fatigue i know i am. And a new/old system isn’t going to change that. It will still be fatigue

90. CyberMarco

I, unlike other tired gamers who have had enough with this gen, can wait for a couple of years till next gen is released. I haven’t been living in a cavern, nor I’m not a dedicated gamer. I spent last 4-5 years gaming on my PSP and PC (which upgraded in Dec 2010) and my bro’s Xbox360 and just now I’m getting a PS3. The only reason I could want next gen isn’t mainly about graphics but of animations and gameplay.

91. silkvg247

@80 I do like it, and I want everyone to be gamers, surely everyone does?! :)

I genuinely think the new controller is well.. how to put it? It’s just not an obvious selling point like the original wiimote was. Wii sold to so many people because it was a case of look, you can point it at your screen and press buttons, or wiggle it or swing it. It’s that simple.

The new pad.. can do much more. Which is a good thing and a bad thing. Good because of the possibilities, bad because it’s harder to market to the same audience that the wii won over, which is the bigger cut of the market. It also feels like a bit of a step backwards, in terms of getting away from cumbersome control pad limitations, they’ve gone back to it!? The wiimote was a step forward, if they could improve that tech and make it true real time with simpler setup and better accuracy, it’d be a winner.

I know wiimote will still be used in Wii U, but other than better graphics where is the selling point? And like I said, do casual/family gamers care about sharper graphics? I can tell you now my parents can’t even tell the different between blu ray and DvD.

92. DrDamn

Taken as a whole I’d say the Wii-mote was a side step. Not a natural evolution of the control mechanic, more something which can be used as well.

Agree with the rest of your post.

93. viralshag

@OG, to be fair I’m very rarely logged out of Steam when I’m at home… even when I’m on my consoles. :P

94. OlderGamer

“@77
    Like what I said in @52 only without swathes of text ”

But, but swathes of text is nice. Text is our friend. lol

95. stretch215

I might pick this up for my kids once it receives a hefty price drop, I’m thinking right around the time ms/Sony drop their new machines. My little ones put some serious miles on their wii, I know that they would love the whole asymmetric aspect of the wiiu (and Mario, of course). Plus, that’ll keep ‘em away from my next box/ps4 for awhile.

96. monkeygourmet

Do i have to start coming up with game idea’s for you now?! ;)

Very rarely is a console worth buying on launch if you over analyse it.

Highest price, smallest number of titles etc…

Wii sports did a good job and maybe Nintendoland can sway some people.

You are not looking forward to these features, so don’t buy! Simple as! Debating the ‘value’ of something is a waste of time when we all saw what happened with the Wii launch.

Im not saying it’ll be exactly like that, but history tells us these things can happen.

97. YoungZer0

@82: Sorry if i wasn’t clear enough, what i was trying to say is that the wii’s controls never changed the games we play. You can pretty much play all those we games with a controller, just more efficient. It wasn’t the next step in gaming, it didn’t change games themselves. So the Wii-U is just going to be another console, with Nintendo Shovelware and controls that would ultimately work better on a normal controller.

98. lexph3re

To be honest i can barely get 2 player local co-op in my home let alone 5. And im pretty sure a lot of people can barely get 5 as well. That isn’t one of the things that people are generally capable of. So you have to think what does this system offer for me before i talk about what it offers others on special holiday events

99. DrDamn

“Im just looking forward to more couch based multiplayer, especially 5 player asymetric titles. That has been something severly missing for me in the current gen.”

+loads

100. OlderGamer

“The shift to online has left couch multiplayer gaming in it’s wake unfortunately.”

I agree. The online stuff has segmented and isolated people. I used to get together with friends, family for bear, pizzia, junk food and games. Now we all just log on.

101. ManuOtaku

How can some commenters say this is an old tech?, when is crearly and step further from the current gen, of course is not 10 times better, but is an improvement that will incide in better graphics and performance in games, really this indicates me, with all due respect to all people, that they are not avid gamers, and neither hardcore ones,just brand lovers, it doesnt matter if the WiiU would come close to PC or surpass PC, as an example, they will say it is not good, is underpower, is for children, or has not games, etc,etc, it will always come to that, i prefer if they only say nintendo is not for me, instead of taking down nintendo consoles or nintendo games.

102. monkeygourmet

Really?

I have about 4 – 5 people over for gaming and drinks most weekends.

Usually it’s stuff like Trials Evo, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party, Smash Bros etc..

Im hoping the Wii U can bring back the multiplayer!

103. DrDamn

Also 4-5 people playing games == a family.

104. monkeygourmet

Your not wrong!

105. lexph3re

106. Gadzooks!

Huzzah for couch gaming with real life friends! This is one area where Nintendo simply cannot be beaten.

Competitive OMP can go jump off a cliff and die frankly. Give me co-op, with real buddies, preferably in the same room, and that’s gaming heaven right there.

This is why Ninty dominate the games industry. They understand that angsty teens eager for gritty realism and violence eventually mature into balanced, accepting, socially adjusted adults able to enjoy more than just shooting noses off of strangers, stabbing spleens and mowing down hookers.

107. ManuOtaku

#100 lex “Actually he is wrong. No one is going to say its not for them while they are analyzing the device. This isn’t a device thats already on the market this is something that people are completely entitled to speculate on before making an dedicated purchase. Your actually more of a fanboy/devotee to just blindly except this device because its nintendo. (No fingers pointed with last remark)”

So you mean that it will stop when the console will be arriving on the market, i mean the negative comments, without looking the values of this console device, well i will be waiting for that to happen, but i will be waiting sitting very comfortable, because i think it will be a long wait.

108. DrDamn

“Your not wrong!”

/grammar nazi
    You are though ;)

“5 people =/= a family. My family is 3 with a 1(soon to be gloriously 2 year old) so yeah 5 player co-op isn’t for every family.”

So you are a family of 4. My point was 4-5 people == a family. Considering the 2.4 children thing then that’s a pretty valid point, especially in the context of the discussion. A new console from Nintendo who like to aim at the family demographic.

109. dreamcastnews

Jesus H! I pop out for a few hours, come back and look at all this crap, look; it’s as simple as this.

Lets not degenerate to lowest common denominator football fans with what we support and who is crap.

If you’re buying a Wii U then cool,

If you’re sticking to the 360 & PS3 then cool,

If you’re waiting for Xbox Next and Sony 4 then cool.

Please, lets just stop arguing about the specs, games, designs and anything else we can fault. Fruitless console religion.

110. lexph3re

No, your interpretation of whats negative and whats positive is going to always be subjective. Because right now its healthy criticism later it will be blind hate(until some legitimate faults are found)

111. monkeygourmet

Testify Testify! ;)

Of course if you just purchase based on a name, then yeah, that applies to anyone and any of the major brands.

Example, I saw the PS3 launch as being overpriced considering i didn’t want a Bluray player yet, and the games were not on par with the 360′s at that point.

Some people defended this fact. But it was completly un founded…l The games WERE inferior on launch, and it was expensive because of the added Bluray player.

I like many other people, waited till the price came down as the Bluray player added nothing to games this generation. So without that, it was basically another 360… (until obvs move & Kinect came along).

In this instance, we have a new way to play games, especially multiplayer games with the tablet pad. Im also looking forward to Nintendo online, as the 3DS had some really fun idea’s i think they will expand on with the Wii U. I also bought Kinect for this reason, i love new idea’s, it’s a shame shovelware tends to follow after, but hey, i like trying new things and have a fairly decent job where i can afford to take a gamble every now and then.

If you don’t think it offers sufficiant value for money, your entitled to your opinion obviously.

For me, this isn’t the same as what Sony tried with the PS3 pricing. They are forcing me to buy the tablet, but i like the look of the potential of this technology, especially in Nintendo’s hands.

112. lexph3re

No 3 i was saying i have a 1year old(soon to be glourious 2)

113. DrDamn

Why is your view on the PS3 launch fact and other people’s view on the WiiU launch opinion?

114. lexph3re

So you are the ps3 fan who bought for potential as opposed to the 360 owner who bought for the now? If thats the case ylu should be more understanding on all outlooks of the situation.

115. dreamcastnews

@105 can you put ‘@’ with your comments? It’s unclear who you’re referencing.

116. DrDamn

Ok – but average family is still 4-5 people. Obviously there are going to be smaller and larger families. These games don’t tend to specify must be 5! players either – they are usually a bit flexible in that regard.

117. Patrick Garratt

Five mins. I’ll be updating the US and EU info into this piece.

118. HeavyD-Love

Where’s the link for the US/9amEST press conference stream?

*nevermind* (just read 112)

119. lexph3re

Nope to much work on a touch device to do that.Lol

Well if i average out the close proximity of family and friends( this will be a small figure) on average in my community the families we have average out to 3-4. But if i were to go based off of my friends well they are living by themselves or with a girlfriend with no kids.

I’m just saying that 5 player local play although a good feature isn’t a primary seller of a system. Especially since only about 2 games actually support larger numbers

120. DrDamn

3 games I can think of at launch off the top of my head. Nintendo Land, Mario, Rayman.

121. lexph3re

Mario doesn’t exist to me anymore

122. Stephany Nunneley

@113 it’s here http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

123. Dragon246

Looks like atleast one sku wil release for 200, which is definitely great pricing.
    Edit- They aren’t as intelligent, lowest one for 300 with NO NINTENDOLAND.

124. ManuOtaku

#105 i agree thats all subjective, even the legitimate faults,that will depend on the eye of the beholde, but the opinions, although subjective in nature are posted like they are/were true, which is not the case, and neither the criticism this console is getting prior launch.

125. DrDamn

November 30th EU? That’s better than expected.

126. Ireland Michael

No go until its down to €250 for the premium unit. That’s my entry point price for all hardware.

127. Dragon246

You are not in luck, although what you said was completely true.

128. DrDamn

Check with retailers? Pfft.

129. Ireland Michael

@122 I’m more than happy to wait. Plenty of games reduced in price, and more games to pick up. Saves a tonne of money.

130. Clupula

The only thing about the system that seems positive is the amount of RAM, but then you have to remember that most of that is just going towards that stupid tablet controller. Nothing here has changed my mind and after a strong launch, because the rabid Nintendo fans will have to buy it, I can’t see it appealing to anyone else.

131. Gadzooks!

Anectodal evidence. Apart from ‘industry analysts’ I can’t think of a less reliable source of information.

Thing is we already know, through cold hard factual sales data, that games with local multiplayer sell really well on Nintendo consoles.

2 to 5 players, family or friends. Broad appeal and social gaming. Surely that constitutes a selling point?

132. Ireland Michael

@125 Funny, I recall people calling me one of those rabid Nintendo fans…

133. manamana

@125 1GB of system RAM and 1 for the graphics. Where is the most part of it going for the controller? Let me guess: you don’t like the console and wont buy one (which is completely fine) but above else you have no clue to pull?!

134. Patrick Garratt

OK. That’s fully edited.

135. G1GAHURTZ

Oh Nintendo!

What have you done!?

136. fearmonkey

I think I agree with Silk on the console, that the audience that Nintendo is counting on being there might not be there.

The console will do well this Christmas thanks to the die hard Nintendo fans clamoring for it, but will it have the huge success the Wii did?, I thinking not…. I think it will do well, but not sell like gangbusters the first one did. The Wii owners and fans I know havent really been that excited and I shared the information on this site with some of them and got essentially a “Meh”. That doesnt bode well, as a few were day 1 purchasers of the Wii. Most were Ill wait till its on sale if I get it, and im waiting to see what the next year has.

I think Oldergamer is right though, many people, including myself, are bored with this generation and are clamoring for something new, and we shall see how that pans out in the first year of release.

137. Dragon246

*Looks towards sony and MS for inevitable price cut (or not) and undercutting strategies*

138. polygem

great pricing, black, nintyland, 32 gb wiiu, zombiu, nsmbu day 1!

139. reask

Well heres my tuppence worth for anyone who cares.
    I didnt like the wii full stop.
    I played it for about an hour in total in the time I had it and went back to ps360.

wiiu has me interested for a few reasons.

I would like to play some of the ninty games that I keep hearing about.
    Price is OK imo for a new system.
    It gives me more choice alongside my ps360 so all good.
    It allows me to wait for the ps4/ 720 to get established before I decide to jump in and maybe drop in price.

Graphics atm on consoles are good enough for me and what I would prefer to see is a next gen jump in ai so as to make games more of a challenge again whilst been enjoyable.

I mean to use 2 examples of my once held sp fav games.
    Gears of war 3. I played it on highest difficulty setting first time out and felt like I was been held by the hand.
    Finished it and went to the highest setting and it was insane.
    Badly balanced imo and just not as good as2.

UC3.
    It seemed uncharted wanted to go the whole hog and make a movie rather than a game and again just nowhere near as good as 2 imo.

We need to innovate on the gameplay rather than the looks if gaming is to evolve.

Multiplayer is all I seem to bother playing now, mostly mw3 but I am getting pretty bored at this stage of been cannon fodder for the most part when you go in to a lobby and there are 2 or 3 sharks dominating each time.

Fair enough they are better players and I fully accept that but it can and does get very frustrating to be pitched against that constantly.

I game for a bit of fun and a bit of a challenge not to be frustrated at my lack of skills and I think with today’s technology it would be very simple to match players with similar skills rather than the amount of time they have played.
    Some will argue that you need to go against better players to improve but my counter argument is that as you improve you will automatically be matched against better players as your skills have gone up.

thats why I like the bot idea on the wii as it gives you a chance to practice at the very least.

Anyway sorry for the mini rant but to conclude I will say this.
    I personally reckon the u will hold its own for some of the reasons I have stated.
    Good luck ninty and please leave trophies/achievements out of the equasion and concentrate on making good fun challenging games.

140. Dragon246

Your opinion, but why do you hate trophies? I know many people who won’t buy a system unless it doesn’t have that functionality. Reward system works.

141. OlderGamer

Good post reask.

142. reask

I dont hate them tbh in fact I used to be a cheevy/trophy whore.
    I just think sometimes they take away from the game but just my opinion and nothing else.

I platted uc 1 and 2 and kz 3and busted my buns on kz2 on highest difficulty as far as radec acadamy but never got past the first wave of enemies once inside so eventually gave up.

I suppose I just got tired of stupid ones like swap a gun with your ai buddy and bling etc etc so personally would like a free zone system but I understand people enjoy them as well so personal really I suppose.

Edit.
    To add to that after thinking about it I felt once I stopped hunting for them I kinda enjoyed it more when a trophy popped up unexpectedly as I was actually using you tube to get specific trophies and the fun just went out of it for me as I was playing the game more for the bling than the game if you get what I mean.

143. OlderGamer

I remember playing a gen ago, when all that mattered was if I enjoyed my game time. Today I get people looking up my profile to see(and often rip on me for) my K/D ratio or fav weapon. Or to see what achievment or trophies I earned(or didn’t earn).

Sometimes I miss gaming without being tied into some searchable data base, cheevy/trophies or otherwise.

144. reask

I think me and you are becoming grumpy old gamers og. :D

145. OlderGamer

I know I am reask. Wear it like a badge, after all we earned it. ;)

146. ManuOtaku

My WiiU, ps4, 720 gaming name will be oldygrumpymanutoku, or oldermanuotaku, i have not decide it yet, it will be something like that because i will be hitting 40 in the midterm of the upcoming gen.

147. polygem

hey reask, i hear you and….yea do it! i personally do not turn on my ps360 that often anymore in this fading gen…so let´s become future wiiu friends.i play a lot on the 3ds atm and i truly truly love it, esp. for the old school vibe this thing has, while still being new and fresh, really loving it. i never liked trophies and achievments either. they are just cheap carrots, nothing else. i do not buy into that stuff. i personally cannot wait for wiiu. nintendo has some great ip´s and with some third party support this time around everything could be pretty fantastic. miiverse looks nice too. i believe the wiiu will become my main video game console. then i will wait and see if i buy into ps4nextbox or i might just buy a good gaming pc and stick with that, wiiu and 3ds. to me that option sounds like the best plan for the next gen tbh. i cannot see anything that could really make me excited about ps4 or nextbox…hope this will change though;)

148. polygem

lol. manu we are the same age…
    i hope i will be able to pick one of my top 3 wiiu gamer names…made a list already ;) but the us will get it earlier so i might not get even ONE of those on my list :(

149. ManuOtaku

#143 same here Poly i will received it later too, here in South America is almost a month later, in the best case scenario, i hope they dont stole mine, someone on twitter has already manuotaku, but chances are he is not a gamer, not that i have a twitter account, just looking if my internet name has been taken ;)

150. Dragon246

Some like it some don’t. But if you have it, you can have best of both worlds. Trophy whores can dote on it and others like you can just ignore it.
    Best of both worlds.

151. OlderGamer

I just got back from Gamestop. Traded in a xb360(my 3rd such trade in) towards WiiU. They are giving 90usd for the system, and I added in a few extras. I have 258usd paid thus far and my system is preordered.

I decided on getting the Deluxe system. No games, will add thos later. It does come with NintendoLand, so I am happy with that for now. I want Aliens, DarkSiders2, NSMB WiiU, ZombieU, Lego, and not too sure what else at this point. But decided I would wait to see what games came out and when they came out. Seems silly to preorder a game that doesn’t make it out till March.

But I am just about all set, need to pay it off and am good to go. Bring on the 18th of Nov!!

152. monkeygourmet

Congrats, will be preordering at the end of the month, looking at the same titles as you!

Will catch you on mii universe, hopefully they’ll have 3ds style mini games! ;)

153. OlderGamer

3DS! Damn I better get this paid off sooner rather then later, I still want to buy one of those too. Thanks for reminding me MonkeyG.

154. monkeygourmet

Get the XL, funds allowing. Should link up nicely! :)

155. OlderGamer

That is the one I am aiming for, I need the biggest screen I can get!

156. polygem

OG, thats great! i am thinkig about getting rid of my 360 too to be honest. there is halo 4 and i love the 360 pad but man i feel like the 360 really hasn´t done anything great for me in the last year and a half.
    that said my wiiu preorder is already set. black one with nsmbu and zombiu…
    3ds is such a great device too. i play a lot on that thing. playing the castlevania ds games on the xl atm. they look truly beautiful. those are well worth every single second you spend with them. such a great game design. paper mario, castlevania mirror fate, luigis m., epic micky, animal crossing and so on will be ace. most anticipated games are on a handheld system for me at the moment. it´s insane really…americans….do not steal the wiiu gamertags i have in mind! or i will mario tbag you (oh god i hope that will never ever happen)…