GTA 5 screens show cycling, fighter jets and sports cars

Monday, 20th August 2012 14:24 GMT By Dave Cook

GTA 5 gets new screens and they’re good. Fighter jets, sports cars and a man’s cycling bum are the order of the day.

Rockstar has revealed three new screens from GTA 5 over at the publisher’s site. The cycling shot shows someone riding a bike towards a pier, which is a take on the real-life Santa Monica pier – Ferris wheel and all.

The fighter jet on the other hand looks insane, with a heavy payload of missiles. Can you fire them on the streets below? We’re not sure, but that’d be fun right?

The new shots show a man cycling, a fighter jet soaring over San Andreas and a sporty Cheeta car.

Here they are:

1. Fin

Can’t wait!

2. silkvg247

Jaggies and low res textures. Yeuch. Yes I am becoming a real PC snob, but it makes me wonder why they use such outdated hardware to “show off” their upcoming game.

3. dex3108

Until they show PC 1080p screenshots i am not happy :D

4. B.E.S.O

Thats definitely consoles.

btw, they’re showing more this week according to rockstar article. let’s hope we see something more attractive.

5. supersir

Missing a ‘h’ from Cheetah. It’s bright, so the sun is covering up the ‘h’ but it is a pretty big name in the GTA series, right?

Also: the website says that there will be more images to come this week, that’s probably worth mentioning to people.

I noticed the jaggies in that last batch of screens they did. Most definitely one for PC this, I expect.

6. Razor

I know they’ve confirmed it for a while now, but man is it good to see a fighter jet.

7. 00jack00IMP

#2 Yes. You’re a snob. But don’t worry, I’m sure the PC version will look mind blowing on your setup. ;) As for me, I’m already blown away by these screens. Anything better would be a total trip!

8. Talkar

You mean like Skyrim did? Oh wait… x)

9. KAP

Rockstar show know how to take the wind out of the sils of other openworld world titles don’t they… first last year with releasing a GTA trailer on the mist of Saintsrow the 3rd release now releasing these a week after Sleeping Dogs release.

Damn those Rockstars lol

With that said, I just completed Sleeping Dogs thru this morning and I must say Its such an awesome game. astonishing detail within the city.

…… But who am I kidding, what gets me more excited is what Rockstar isn’t showing, they clearly have a metaton about to hit us all with this.

You wait and see.

10. DrDamn

All stuff released so far looks like PS3 stuff.

Tempted by Sleeping Dogs purely from a HK perspective as I’ve been there a couple of time. A few comments on completion of the game already by a couple of people. Is there a lot of extra stuff you can do beyond the main story?

11. Edo

@9 Yes…those low res screenshots will kill sales for Sleeping Dogs,my god ,what will they do now!?!?www.vg247.com/2012/08/20/sleeping-dogs-tops-uk-chart-london-2012-relegated/ .

12. SlayerGT

Favorite all time GTA vehicle?

Mine would be the Cuban Hermes from Vice. Like a 49 Merc with off road pipes spitting flames..sick.
    With the FBI Rancher from San Andreas a close second. Looked cool but mainly because of how difficult it was to steal.

13. roadkill

@2 It’s OK. We’ll have ICE for GTA5 just as we have it for GTA4. There’s no point in expecting too much from Rocks**t anyway. They won’t deliver. They suck at making PC games. Tech-wise I mean.

14. Hcw87

There’s lots of stuff to do outside of the main story, be it races/”sidequests”/dates/debt collection/buying stuff for your apartments/car deliveries/martial arts clubs/random open world events. Lots of collectibles spread around the world aswell. Some would say it’s better than GTA IV, it certainly comes close in my opinion. One of the best open world games to release this generation.

Only downside is no multiplayer, but i’m not bothered about that.

15. DrDamn

Thanks for the response. Will pick it up cheap sometime I think.

16. HeavyD-Love

Looks good, but man what a tease. Maybe stills from upcoming trailer.

17. Moonwalker1982

Looks awesome. I am SO glad that the bicycles are back, cause i loved them in GTA SA. Gonna be riding that mofo around in the countryside!!!

18. M. K.

Pretty lame. I’d love to see RDR2, but this time with a story.

19. TheOutcastWolf

@18 Humans like you just want to watch the world burn…

20. TD_Monstrous69

Screens look awesome, can’t wait to see and hear more from the next entry in my favorite game franchise. Though I hope one of the next things I see is a new trailer.

21. Moonwalker1982

Rockstar did say in their Q&A last July when they released the first two screenshots, that more screenshots would be coming soon and a trailer when they were ready.

22. monkeygourmet

Confirmed:

Tour de France style races with guns down mountainside roads in online multiplayer!

Well, that’s what I’ll be doing! :)

23. Moonwalker1982

I’ll join you ;)

I can’t wait to take that bike up Mount Chilliad and just stunt around and have fun. I’m actually gonna try several missions with that bike too. I hope we can still ‘jump/hop’ around with it, like it was in GTA SA.

Its really cool how Rockstar simply confirms something in the way of screenshots. Bicycles weren’t confirmed yet, sure it was in the trailer but it could have been nothing but background detail. Bicycles are a big deal for me.

24. bishgame

2 new screenshots on Rockstar’s GTA V page tonight. Check out the one of the Police chopper… just to the left of it and in the distance… looks like a bridge… ooooh