EU PS Plus update, August 16 – Borderlands, Just Cause 2, Retro/Grade

Thursday, 16th August 2012 18:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has updated the European end of PS Plus with Just Cause 2, Borderlands, Retro/Grade being added to members’ instant collection. Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and Dead Space 2 are on the docket as well. Get caught up below.

PS Plus August content

• Just Cause 2 – 50% off on DLC for two weeks – game’s available until November 7
  • Borderlands – all DLC 50% off for the next two weeks – game’s available until November 7
  • Retro/Grade – available for eight weeks
  • Rock of Ages – available until August 29
  • Dead Space 2 – available until September 5
  • Outland – available until September 12
  • Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath HD – available until September 12
  • Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light – available until October 10
  • Saints Row 2 – available until October 10
  • inFamous 2 – available all year round
  • Motorstorm Apocalypse – available all year round
  • LittleBigPlanet 2 – available all year round

Launch Discounts

• Sound Shapes – Buy this title on PS3 to get a free copy for PS Vita.
  • Papo & Yo

Sony promises more’s coming in August and to “stay tuned.”

1. Xazzor

So Europe got so many good games, while USA got only incomplete part of Walking Dead? Oh, we have also Outland and Bloodrayne: Betrayal. US PS Plus compared to the EU is going much worse.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 I haven’t seen a PS Plus update on the US blog just yet. Give ‘em a bit, they are likely busy with gamescom coverage.

3. reask

My problem is not enough space on hard drive.
    I will probably miss some of the timed ones, I wonder will they come back at a later date?

Is it possible to upgrade the hard drive or could I download games on to usb stick to use later?

4. KAP

PS Plus is becoming insane now, Dead Space 2 now Just Cause 2 and Borderlands… WTF?!
    So glad I have Plus.
    I’ve not even played Borderlands, it’ll be great to get stuck into that this weekend.

5. KAP

Dude download every title you see fit, once it’s on your download history you keep it.
    Easy.

6. reask

I tried borderlands on 360 but never finished it.
    I wouldnt mind another go at it as it seemed like a good game although a bit confusing at times.

Then again the confusion was most likely down to my stupidity. :)

7. reask

Oh right then.
    I just download and then cancel after a bit?

8. JRNO

@7 That’s right. The shopping bag icon should be red when you view it on the store the next time. That means you’ve ‘purchased’ the item, and you can download it again.

9. Takeshi

Already got Borderlands on Steam, and I prefer my FPS (if only) on PC. Also Just Cause 2. I did enjoy playing Dead Space 2.

@7: Yes, although you of course need an active PS+ subscription to play them. You don’t get them for free forever.

Also, looking forward to Red Dead: http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/14/ps-plus-red-dead-redemption-is-september-game-of-the-month/

10. reask

thanks.
    Yeah thanks 9 also.
    I got 12 months yesterday having already had 3 months, so good till next September.

Happy days. :)

11. DrDamn

Even when they disappear from the PS+ section they are still there in your download list to access again at another time. What capacity HDD are you currently working with. I upgraded to a 320Gb drive last year and it was very painless. If you have a USB HDD to back up to and restore from it’s very easy. Just buy a 2.5″ drive to slot in. Well worth it.

12. reask

@ DrDamn
    Not sure really I bought it when they first went to 299 euro.
    I dont have a usb hdd.

13. DrDamn

You could always borrow one – you just need it temporarily. All the processes (backup/restore) are built into the PS3 OS.

If you are happy just switching games about then any time there is an update make sure you “purchase” them before they disappear and you can cancel the downloads from the dash.

14. Ireland Michael

@1 Considering we almost always get the short end of the stick, it’s nice for Europe to get a better selection for once. Don’t be so greedy.

15. reask

Thanks drdamn I will probably upgrade as it just saves all the hassle really.

16. DrDamn

True. Though their end of the stick does appear to be the shitty one in this case …

Comparison of full retail releases (i.e. non-PSN only games):-

When was the last time SCEE actually did something this well in comparison to other regions?

17. Ireland Michael

@16 Exacty. It seems a bit selfish to complain about *one* poor month.